Dobb's outside career could hurt his NFL draft stock?

Dumb headline by SDS and a bit misleading (surprise).

Dobbs likely has other viable options, sure, but I don't believe it hurts his draft stock. At all.

Reactions: 13 people
Agree!! My son is in Mechanical Engineering and the classes are NO JOKE Believe me!! :yikes:

Reactions: 1 person
Reactions: 3 people
Agree!! My son is in Mechanical Engineering and the classes are NO JOKE Believe me!! :yikes:

Got mine in computer/electrical, it says more about someone's discipline rather than intelligence for graduating in my opinion, which should be good for Mr. Dobbs.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/t...dobbs-career-outside-football-hurt-nfl-stock/

the fact that he was able to take on a engineering workload, graduate early with a 4.0 GPA while a starting qb for an SEC team is all you need to know about his commitment...

The NFL is a joke.

Link to any of the statements you made about school? I don't believe that it is physically possible to finish Engr early at UT with multiple internships. Not sure about 4.0 either. Would have to see it to believe it. Had family members in class with him. Not knocking Josh, but Engineering Internships are the norm now, not the exception. He is a very smart young man, but I don't believe quite the scholastic god you make him out to be.

And no, it will help his draft stock if anything.

Dumb headline by SDS and a bit misleading (surprise).

Dobbs likely has other viable options, sure, but I don't believe it hurts his draft stock. At all.

this. it's not a slam pc at all. and something i'm sure most people that are going to invest millions of dollars in, would want to know.

meh. nothing here. i'm sure he's probably prepared to answer the "commitment level" question, and he will be, and should be, asked. i know i would.

God forbid an NFL player have something that could possibly be a POSITIVE distraction for once....

Reactions: 3 people
It's not like Boeing or anyone else will outbid an NFL qb contract. They're just making something out of nothing. JD is more than intelligent enough to understand the financial security that comes with playing in the league.

This article is beyond stupid. It is not like he will be moonlighting at NASA. If he is on an NFL roster, that will be his only job.

the article literally justs aske the question about making sure NFL teams know what's first on his priority list. valid considering, unlike many of his counterparts, he has options that could sustain him for a very long career.

if you think it's dumb for NFL owners and GM's to at least ask the question, then i'm glad you're not in charge of my money.

and i think Josh is smart enough to understand that, and have appropriate answers.

there's nothing here to get upset about.

the article literally justs aske the question about making sure NFL teams know what's first on his priority list. valid considering, unlike many of his counterparts, he has options that could sustain him for a very long career.

if you think it's dumb for NFL owners and GM's to at least ask the question, then i'm glad you're not in charge of my money.

and i think Josh is smart enough to understand that, and have appropriate answers.

there's nothing here to get upset about.

Exactly, that's why it's a pointless article.

What is the name of the VFL who played for the Vikings and is now a judge. He had no NFL issues to commitment being to smart.

I can tell not many people on VN realize how little an AE or ME makes compared to the NFL minimum.

NFL teams actually do hold things like this against players. They want guys ready to kill themselves because they have no other options.

i see him banking it for 3-5 years, then heading to NASA....he will have cash in the bank and no worries in his new career

Stupid is as stupid does......stupid comment by SDS

No way it has any bearing on his stock in the NFL

VN Store

Back