RTI: 10 Early Standouts From Spring Practice

VolsnRavens

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/03/27/10-early-standouts-spring-camp/

"Tennessee begins it's second week of spring practice on Tuesday of this week, so while it’s still extremely early, there’s been some opportunity for players to begin to step up. Early-spring observations certainly have to be viewed with a grain of salt, but there’s at least been enough time to do the “eye test” for players coming off winter conditioning and to get a sense for which players are positioning themselves for bigger opportunities in 2017."

Still to early to really say anything, but the excitement is there.

The player I'm most excited about is Latrell Williams. His high school tape was extremely impressive and I was high on him going into last fall. However with the injuries and redshirt, I kinda forgot about him.

Hopefully he has a breakout season this year. We need a star receiver to emerge.

Reactions: 6 people
http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2017/03/27/10-early-standouts-spring-camp/

"Tennessee begins it's second week of spring practice on Tuesday of this week, so while it’s still extremely early, there’s been some opportunity for players to begin to step up. Early-spring observations certainly have to be viewed with a grain of salt, but there’s at least been enough time to do the “eye test” for players coming off winter conditioning and to get a sense for which players are positioning themselves for bigger opportunities in 2017."

Still to early to really say anything, but the excitement is there.

With so many of the ones out the twos have an opportunity to prove themselves. This will help build much needed depth.

Reactions: 1 person
The player I'm most excited about is Latrell Williams. His high school tape was extremely impressive and I was high on him going into last fall. However with the injuries and redshirt, I kinda forgot about him.

Hopefully he has a breakout season this year. We need a star receiver to emerge.

IMO Callaway gets the nod over Williams to start opposite Jennings.. hes bigger and more of a down the field deep threat..(i.e. replacing Malone). I think Callaway has a huge year for us.. steps on the scene and makes a big name for himself

Reactions: 5 people
IMO Callaway gets the nod over Williams to start opposite Jennings.. hes bigger and more of a down the field deep threat..(i.e. replacing Malone). I think Callaway has a huge year for us.. steps on the scene and makes a big name for himself

Williams is more of a slot and Callaway is more of an outside guy, right?

Reactions: 2 people
Theres so many ? about team 121 that im glad to hear about any standouts.

With all attn on the QB battle and for good reason, im anxious to hear praise from the lines even more.

Improvement/health up front on both sides will make or break this season imo. Maybe even more important than who takes the snaps.

Theres so many ? about team 121 that im glad to hear about any standouts.

With all attn on the QB battle and for good reason, im anxious to hear praise from the lines even more.

Improvement/health up front on both sides will make or break this season imo. Maybe even more important than who takes the snaps.

This is going to be a different team than we used to recently. Our skill players have some questions, but our trenches look to be very strong if we keep everyone. QBs are going to get all the press, but OL will carry the fight.

Williams is more of a slot and Callaway is more of an outside guy, right?

possibly to a degree as he seems to be shiftier and a better route runner... I think Williams plays outside eventually but as for who is a better deep threat and who imo will start op jennnigs this year is callaway. I do think its possible that Williams ends up with 20-25 catches this year.. so hell be used for sure id just like to see exactly how. He's a very explosive player

Coach Warren has not had a lot of praise for the secondary. I read a recent SDS article about how no one has impressed him in spring practice. He said there is "nothing to be happy about" right now. However, he did say that he sees a group of guys who are hungry and willing to work to get to an acceptable level.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Warren has not had a lot of praise for the secondary. I read a recent SDS article about how no one has impressed him in spring practice. He said there is "nothing to be happy about" right now. However, he did say that he sees a group of guys who are hungry and willing to work to get to an acceptable level.

Well we all saw the results on the field the last few years, and I can 100% see why he said that. Hopefully with his instruction, he will turn that unit around.

This is going to be a different team than we used to recently. Our skill players have some questions, but our trenches look to be very strong if we keep everyone. QBs are going to get all the press, but OL will carry the fight.

Long as the starting linemen and reserves can stay healthy i feel alot less stressed about who takes the snaps.

A DT QB seems to make this offense run significantly better but alot of that was a pourus line.

Im hoping whoever takes snaps wont have to run for their life every snap. With 5 mad roadgraters in front it would be more about who can take the lid off the D more than mobility imo

I agree this offense will look alot diff this season

I hope Trey Smith is Mean as Hell on the Field!!! :rock::rock:

This is what the OL has been missing. Like you, I hope Smith brings that mentality with him to the field. I miss the days where we had guys on the OL that would just assume knock your block off as look at you.

Jennings is already a star. Also, I thought you said Byrd was going to be all world?

I hope Latrell can catch the the ball and can stay healthy. Smallish quick receiver clocked at 4.27 could give the defensive coordinators night mares. Now 4.27 seems optimistic but fast is fast. No defender on the field would be able to stay with him long in man.

On the trenches, I am still concerned about DT.

VN Store

Back