Vols Pro Day?

Who do you guys think will help or hurt themselves on Vol Pro Day coming up here in a few days?
d916dc5e50da221144b7895754737da8.png

Photos & Vitals from Pro Day: http://www.volnation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13676315&postcount=76, http://www.volnation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13676379&postcount=77, http://www.volnation.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13676385&postcount=78

Last edited:
I honestly don't see any of our players performing bad. I think most will probably even improve there numbers. I think the biggest to surprise will be Jason Croom, I think NFL scouts will be wowed by him that he's not mentioned on any TE big boards.

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly, Barnett has everything to lose and a whole lot to gain. I hope he improves his stock.

I honestly don't see any of our players performing bad. I think most will probably even improve there numbers. I think the biggest to surprise will be Jason Croom, I think NFL scouts will be wowed by him that he's not mentioned on any TE big boards.

Agree on Croom. He's always been a physical specimen. Big time testing numbers could get him onto the radar of teams in the late rounds.

Another guy who wasn't invited to the combine that I'm high on is Danny O'Brien. His tape this year impressed me big time. Especially the Virginia Tech game. He looked like an NFL player. Call me crazy but I got a Kyle Williams (Bills DT) vibe from him. He'll probably be undrafted but I bet he makes a team and starts down the road.

Expect Malik Foreman to put up some great testing numbers. He's been rumored to be the fastest player on the team that last couple of years. If Malone can run 4.40, I wouldn't be surprised if Foreman runs in the 4.3s.

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, Barnett has everything to lose and a whole lot to gain. I hope he improves his stock.

He tested about how most people expected. He's not a great athlete so I doubt he needs to put up great numbers. He just needs to look good in drills and interview well.

His draft stock is based on his tape.

Barnett will be fine.

Expect Malik Foreman to put up some great testing numbers. He's been rumored to be the fastest player on the team that last couple of years. If Malone can run 4.40, I wouldn't be surprised if Foreman runs in the 4.3s.

yeah he looked really fast that last 15 seconds at Georgia

He tested about how most people expected. He's not a great athlete so I doubt he needs to put up great numbers. He just needs to look good in drills and interview well.

Barnett will be fine.

The tape does not lie... better than a great workout

I think Croom goes undrafted. He's the anti-Barnett.....looks great in his uniform, tape tells a different story...he's just not a very good football player, at least not in college he wasn't, despite all the physical attributes. Hopefully he gets in the right system, finds his niche with some organization and can draw some paychecks.

I think Croom goes undrafted. He's the anti-Barnett.....looks great in his uniform, tape tells the story...he's just not a very good football player, at least not in college he wasn't, despite all the physical attributes. Hopefully he gets in the right system, finds his niche with some organization and can draw some paychecks.

And he has below average hands..

Barnett will be fine.

Not a great Athlete? Did you see him shifting out into Coverage?

He needs to prove he can work in a 3-4 Defense.

I think Malone will have a really good day. Whether it improves his draft stock much is a whole other story.

That was a mental bust.

Foreman showed his elite speed against A&M when he tracked down that RB and knocked the ball out of the endzone in the 4th quarter.

Would you rather have a player that knows what to do when you only have 1 thing to do (TO NOT LET ANYONE BEHIND YOU) or get lucky as hell chasing a ball-carrier?

I admit, that was one of the best plays of the season but it wasn't necessarily a "talent" play vs. a speed play.

That was a mental bust.

Foreman showed his elite speed against A&M when he tracked down that RB and knocked the ball out of the endzone in the 4th quarter.

He certainly did & we all know he was tired too. I'd be surprised if Foreman ran anything less than a 4.40 for sure. I expect it to be around 4.36-4.38 though.

I just hope he's fully healthy going into Pro Day. Byrd was supposed to be the fastest player on the team last season being clocked at 23.7 MPH.

I just don't see it or we haven't given him a chance to show it yet. I think Foreman was 2nd at 22.1 MPH just ahead of Evan Berry at 21.9 MPH. I hope Foreman puts up a solid number to help his draft stock.

Agree on Croom. He's always been a physical specimen. Big time testing numbers could get him onto the radar of teams in the late rounds.

Another guy who wasn't invited to the combine that I'm high on is Danny O'Brien. His tape this year impressed me big time. Especially the Virginia Tech game. He looked like an NFL player. Call me crazy but I got a Kyle Williams (Bills DT) vibe from him. He'll probably be undrafted but I bet he makes a team and starts down the road.

O'Brien will NOT be on an NFL team. There are too many other players out there that play his position that teams can take a free agency path on. Why would any team want to take a risk on a player who was released from a team for multiple failed drug tests????
You get several chances in college before you are kicked off the team for drug use. So, if O'Brien was caught that many times, then it is not a fluke on his part, it is a way of life for him.

Was not dominate.. problem

Malone had almost 1,000 yards receiving, 11 TD's, and averaged almost 20 yards a catch, all while playing one of the toughest schedules in the country against some of THE BEST defenses.

I think too many people on here undervalue Malone. The guy is a special receiver. I bet he surprises many of you so-called experts when he enters the NFL....

Reactions: 7 people
Malone had almost 1,000 yards receiving, 11 TD's, and averaged almost 20 yards a catch, all while playing one of the toughest schedules in the country against some of THE BEST defenses.

I think too many people on here undervalue Malone. The guy is a special receiver. I bet he surprises many of you so-called experts when he enters the NFL....

Yes, he was very productive when he had opportunities. I think he would have blown up in a more pass happy offense.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Croom say that he was done with football at the end of the season? I mean I would think he would at least give it a shot but I definitely remember when the seniors were in their press conference he said he didn't have aspirations of playing at the next level.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Croom say that he was done with football at the end of the season? I mean I would think he would at least give it a shot but I definitely remember when the seniors were in their press conference he said he didn't have aspirations of playing at the next level.

He played in the Tropical Bowl, a college senior all-star game, so I don't think he did.

O'Brien will NOT be on an NFL team. There are too many other players out there that play his position that teams can take a free agency path on. Why would any team want to take a risk on a player who was released from a team for multiple failed drug tests????
You get several chances in college before you are kicked off the team for drug use. So, if O'Brien was caught that many times, then it is not a fluke on his part, it is a way of life for him.
That's not the reason he doesn't have a chance in the NFL. He's simply not that talented.

I love how D4H compared him to Kyle Williams. White guy with a "good motor" on the DL huh?

Jalen Tabor, Tim Williams, etc all failed multiple drug tests also in college. The only difference is, our coach had the balls and morality to kick violators off the team while the other coaches and programs decided they care more about winning then anything.

I'm not saying DO was an AA or that he was even a good guy but If he were at Florida or Bama he'd be prepping for the draft right now and would have performed at UF's pro day yesterday.

Barnett will be fine.

That rundown play at A&M tells me he's very fast.

That's not the reason he doesn't have a chance in the NFL. He's simply not that talented.

I love how D4H compared him to Kyle Williams. White guy with a "good motor" on the DL huh?

I would have agreed with before last season but man did he flash this year. He looked amazing against App State, Va-Tech, and Florida. And against Va-Tech he made one of the best plays of the year when he beat his man with a one handed bull rush and totally blew the play up.

VN Store

Back