Dormady Looks To Be The Best Man for the QB Job

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
I'm officially eating crow. At first, I didn't think Dormady could succeed in this type of offense but I think he has enough mobility to escape from pressure and the arm to get the ball to our WRs. I know it's just a spring game but you can tell he looks comfortable throwing the ball. JG is talented as well but Dormady definitely looks like the better QB and has been in the system longer. I would not be surprised if Jones names him the starter soon.

The only negative part about this is if JG will stick it out or decides to transfer? I'm not sure if he's willing to ride the bench behind Dormady? Either way, I just want the best players on the field to win us games. Go Vols!

Reactions: 15 people
From the few series we got to watch, the "competition" didn't even look close. We'll have to see what happens, but i'm booking Dormady as starting QB.

I don't think JG is type to transfer if he loses the starting job. He'll stick it out. Just one play away at all times.

Reactions: 5 people
CFA just hasn't flattered me in any of his playing action. Just seems so slow before finally finding a hole 2 seconds too late.

CFA just hasn't flattered me in any of his playing action. Just seems so slow before finally finding a hole 2 seconds too late.

Yeah I kinda see that too. But funny thing is I'm pretty sure CFA was known as a speedster if I recall.

I feel like Butch is most likely looking for a reason to give the job to Dormady because I think he trusts him the most. That being said, the "no QB contact" rule really hampers JG in this type setting. Dormady looked really good, better than Guarantano overall, but the format benefitted him more as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I did a double take to make sure it wasn't D4H that started this thread. That would have meant the end of Dormady. I guess the thread would have been titled Dormady to Patriots 2018 or something like that

Reactions: 1 person

I came away with the exact opposite opinion. I took notice of how quick he put his foot in the ground and went particularly on off-tackle plays.

VN Store

Back