Dormady montage: all 10 throws + QB Challenge

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Be sure to select 1080p for the best quality.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xczil4txsY0[/youtube]

Reactions: 37 people
Dormany made great decisions with the football yesterday. He's improved so much since his first spring gamed.

He's clearly the #1 QB right now as he knows the offense and gets the ball out of his hand, he looked like Tom Brady yesterday.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks for putting this together, Freak.

He has nice zip on his throws. He looked good.

Reactions: 6 people
He gets the ball out quickly which is a huge plus. He also really seemed to be under control and on balance on all his throws. Looks like he could throw it a mile if he really cranked up. I would love to see us throw deep when it is unexpected, like inside our own 30. Tee Martin was great at the deep ball and I think Dormady has the potential to be better. It will also be interesting to see how much he gets the green light to run. It was amazing last year how often Dobbs made a big play with his feet and saved our tails....

Reactions: 1 person
The play where he rolled out to the right shows he does have speed.

Versus not the starting group of dl. I wish people took it at what this is, a fan event. Not much is determined during these scrimmages other than to see which guys compete hard and technique of players. I don't like he holds the ball so low on every throw. Dl will swipe and it makes it for a longer throwing motion.

Does it bother you so much that people find encouragement after watching the spring game?

Should it bother others that you find ways to be discouraged from that same game?

Reactions: 10 people
Can't take a while lot from it but the fact he came out and didn't look one bit nervous and placed some throws should be encouraging

Reactions: 2 people
I know Guarantano didn't look like Dormady,but I think if Butch rolls with Dormady,it may cost him his job by midseason.Especially if we start slow with that brutal schedule.Last year,going undefeated early and the AD change,saved his job.

You don't need to run if you read the defense, make your decision, and get the ball out in under 3 seconds. His recognition and quick release can make an average O-line look stellar.

Reactions: 6 people
I know Guarantano didn't look like Dormady,but I think if Butch rolls with Dormady,it may cost him his job by midseason.Especially if we start slow with that brutal schedule.Last year,going undefeated early and the AD change,saved his job.

Ok.

JG had more pressure on his pass attempts. I thought he did well under the circumstances. Dormandy looked really good an I agree he is #1 now. QD made quick reads and got the ball out fast.
The good news is we have good QBs. It is really going to be interesting watching this one play out. It going to be hard for JG to get enough reps to catch up on the mental side. Perhaps his legs can help close the gap.

Oline looked better. They pushed the los several times but then it is hard to evaluate them with half the DLine missing. Receivers and LBs looked improved. I was impressed the receivers were able to catch 10/10.

Silliness.

Pure silliness.

Dude looks like the best pure passer we've seen in a very long time. I would say since Ainge but I think he may have better of an arm than Ainge. Hopefully his gorgeous passes translate through the season, he gonna make our WR look like WRU again.

First, you've got to realize that there's no way you have a better idea about who should be the starting QB than Butch Jones does.

Secondly, you've got to realize Jones just lead us to 8+ wins in consecutive seasons for the first time in 10 years and 3 straight bowl wins for the first time in 20 years. I don't care what you or Travis Haney or some anonymous assistant SEC coach says, no rational decision maker would have considered Jones's job at risk after last season (as disappointing as it was).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back