Destiny Littleton commits to Texas

VA_VOLFAN

One time USC commit (Southern Cal) reportedly commits to Texas. This should give them added scoring on the perimeter. Looks like she is going to be in orange just the burnt kind. I guess the overly long drawn out process to find a coach may have hurt USC as she repeatedly reported that school was still her number 1 choice! I know she isn't becoming a LV however she had said there was interest in/from UT and we will now play her at least once a year as long as that series continue. Next up we will see how our freshman match up with her at home next season. She has a sweet stroke but with injuries slowing her down she seemingly looks like she needs to get into better shape. She will have a chance to learn behind Ariel Atkins though and take a year to learn the college game and get into D1 shape.

Reactions: 3 people
This will put them at the full 15 roster with 4 seniors for this fall. I doubt she gets much playing time. The only freshman that will get minutes in big games will be Boothe imo.
Their rotation next year will probably look like:
McCarty/Atkins/Higgs/Holmes/Caron-Goudreau (One of the Vanderbilt transfer twins) (White may start)
With White/Sutton/Boothe first 3 off the bench. I think Littleton will be competing with Underwood for playing time when it comes to their bigger games. They also have Chasity Patterson coming in whose rated as one of the top pg's in this class. It's still a great grab for them.

I've actually been really intrigued with Texas and have been following them the last couple seasons. Their recruitment the last 3 years have been amazing and consistant. Holmes is their x factor. If they actually had decent outside shooters to free up their bigs, they would be almost a shoe in for the final four. Coach Aston is building something special for sure. For 2018 they already have Sedonna Price and are trying to land NaLyssa Smith. I feel like the signing of Boothe may sway her away, but they are still going after her hard.

Reactions: 1 person
This will put them at the full 15 roster with 4 seniors for this fall. I doubt she gets much playing time. The only freshman that will get minutes in big games will be Boothe imo.
McCarty/Atkins/Higgs/Holmes/Caron-Goudreau (One of the Vanderbilt transfer twins) (White may start)
With White/Sutton/Boothe first 3 off the bench. I think Littleton will be competing with Underwood for playing time when it comes to their bigger games. They also have Chasity Patterson coming in whose rated as one of the top pg's in this class. It's still a great grab for them.

I've actually been really intrigued with Texas and have been following them the last couple seasons. Their recruitment the last 3 years have been amazing and consistant. Holmes is their x factor. If they actually had decent outside shooters to free up their bigs, they would be almost a shoe in for the final four. Coach Aston is building something special for sure. For 2018 they already have Sedonna Price and are trying to land NaLyssa Smith. I feel like the signing of Boothe may sway her away, but they are still going after her hard.

Solid get. I just don't see how she's going to fit into Texas's system with so much talent ahead of her. On the depth chart, Texas for 2017-18 has:
PG: McCarty (B12 POY) /Patterson (#4 recruit) /Sutton (2016 #6 recruit)
SG: Higgs (returning contributor/former top 10 recruit)/Littleton
SF: Atkins (returning starter) /Hosey (former McDy's AA)
PF: Boothe (#3 recruit)/Caron-Gondreau x2 (role player last year)
C: Holmes (B12 FOY)/White (transfer, former #7 overall recruit)

She could see more minutes as a sophomore/junior, but even so she still has to compete with Higgs, Sutton, and Patterson for time which is going to be a tall task.

Be hard to keep Patterson of floor because of her shooting threes! If her and boothe on the floor at same time no one else will get to shoot?😜

Nalyssa can be the hero at South Carolina or get in line at Baylor!

Rellah Boothe like DeCosta wants to play on the wing in college (Booth is a little overweight it you ask me) Smith will play the 4 so there's still a shot, that is one of the reasons Rellah chose texas so that she could play on the wing with Holmes on the block

Be hard to keep Patterson of floor because of her shooting threes! If her and boothe on the floor at same time no one else will get to shoot?😜

Nalyssa can be the hero at South Carolina or get in line at Baylor!

Yup SC is selling Smith and Ododa as the next Post tandem at SC like Coates & Wilson, which makes it harder for other teams because they both could possibly come in and start right away

maybe by the time she's a junior she will have hit a shot. :)

Last edited:
Yup SC is selling Smith and Ododa as the next Post tandem at SC like Coates & Wilson, which makes it harder for other teams because they both could possibly come in and start right away

Can see that.... but UT will have Green with one year and only Harris for relief! Basicily same thing with no pressure to start and no relief at SC??? Collins and Ododa for the next four years plus number one class in front of you !!

I guess if you want our kids or theirs?

Rellah Boothe like DeCosta wants to play on the wing in college (Booth is a little overweight it you ask me) Smith will play the 4 so there's still a shot, that is one of the reasons Rellah chose texas so that she could play on the wing with Holmes on the block

Smith has more of perimeter game the boothe. She can play all 5 position and actually shoot the 3 better then rellah. Holmes also has better perimeter game then booth. Beside her 3 point shooting I don't think rellah has the quickness or ball handling ability to play the perimeter in college.

Can see that.... but UT will have Green with one year and only Harris for relief! Basicily same thing with no pressure to start and no relief at SC??? Collins and Ododa for the next four years plus number one class in front of you !!

I guess if you want our kids or theirs?

Don't forget KK would be a sophomore when/if ONO picks Tennessee. I think if she's willing to work for some quality mins, she'll pick Tennessee. There would be playing time available, especially if Green leaves early, which I doubt. Or she could go to one if the other 11 schools on her list lol. Hope we also add one or both or Williams or Nicolette

C- KK/(ONO)
F- Green/Collins/Harris
F- Davis/(DeCosta)
G- Westbrook/Massengill
G- Cooper/ Hayes

Kinda went off on a tangent lol. Congrats to Littleton and Texas. I wonder if Tina reeled her in after Coop stepped down.

Last edited:
Don't forget KK would be a sophomore when/if ONO picks Tennessee. I think if she's willing to work for some quality mins, she'll pick Tennessee. There would be playing time available, especially if Green leaves early, which I doubt. Or she could go to one if the other 11 schools on her list lol. Hope we also add one or both or Williams or Nicolette

C- KK/(ONO)
F- Green/Collins/Harris
F- Davis/(DeCosta)
G- Westbrook/Massengill
G- Cooper/ Hayes

Kinda went off on a tangent lol. Congrats to Littleton and Texas. I wonder if Tina reeled her in after Coop stepped down.

Like your thinking! I don't think it is the end of the world if we don't land ONO, for once I would love to see Dean earn his checks as a post coach!

We don't need Harris to be a scorer but if she can be a rim protector and score on open layups she could help us! We need quality minutes from her and if developed she could possibly do for us what Kiah Stokes did for UConn backing up Dolson!

Definitely want DeCosta to go with the class of Massengil and MiMi Collins and I would love Balogun from the 2018 class because we should be landing another Hayes sister in 2019! I also want Beatrice Mompremier

2018 Lineup

PG-Westbrook/Hayes
SG-Cooper/Balogun/Massengil
SF-Davis/DeCosta/Jackson
PF-Green/MiMi Collins
C-Mompremier/KK/Harris

If Green leave early:

PG-Westbrook/Hayes
SF-Davis/DeCosta/Jackson
PF-Mompremeir/Collins
C-KK/Harris

2019 look for another 4 (or 2)

Gotta try to make sure we keep the 2 spot and the 5 spot thin because 2020 we could land the local kids (Treasure Hunt, Cadosa, & another Hayes sister)

Like your thinking! I don't think it is the end of the world if we don't land ONO, for once I would love to see Dean earn his checks as a post coach!

We don't need Harris to be a scorer but if she can be a rim protector and score on open layups she could help us! We need quality minutes from her and if developed she could possibly do for us what Kiah Stokes did for UConn backing up Dolson!

Definitely want DeCosta to go with the class of Massengil and MiMi Collins and I would love Balogun from the 2018 class because we should be landing another Hayes sister in 2019! I also want Beatrice Mompremier

2018 Lineup

PG-Westbrook/Hayes
SF-Davis/DeCosta/Jackson
PF-Green/MiMi Collins
C-Mompremier/KK/Harris

If Green leave early:

PG-Westbrook/Hayes
SF-Davis/DeCosta/Jackson
PF-Mompremeir/Collins
C-KK/Harris

2019 look for another 4 (or 2)

Gotta try to make sure we keep the 2 spot and the 5 spot thin because 2020 we could land the local kids (Treasure Hunt, Cadosa, & another Hayes sister)

Ono or Mompriemere is important because we don't want to rely on KK/Harris to be THE only post 2019 & 20. Coradosa for 2020 would be huge to maintaining a big post presence.

Getting Balogun will help keep that pipe line open with. Hamilton Heights because Treasure Hunt (coaches kid) will be special!

Getting Williams or Nicolleti would solidify our guard situation for awhile.
Cooper-3 yrs
Hayes-4
Westbrook-4
Jasmine
Williams or Nicoletti
Balogun

Hayes

Hayes
Treasure Hunt

This girl can lit it up. She kinda reminds of KML of uconn. It should be interesting to see how many of these girls actually stay at texas.

I look forward to seeing Tennessee and Texas next year.I look for Tennessee to take it up a notch next year.With the combination of the Veteran's and Freshman's coming in.
Now Texas will be looking for consist outside shooting from the Veteran's and the Newbies coming in Boothe,Littleton,Patterson.And then they gain a much needed Center in J.White.
It's going to be very interesting next year.

One time USC commit (Southern Cal) reportedly commits to Texas. This should give them added scoring on the perimeter. Looks like she is going to be in orange just the burnt kind. I guess the overly long drawn out process to find a coach may have hurt USC as she repeatedly reported that school was still her number 1 choice! I know she isn't becoming a LV however she had said there was interest in/from UT and we will now play her at least once a year as long as that series continue. Next up we will see how our freshman match up with her at home next season. She has a sweet stroke but with injuries slowing her down she seemingly looks like she needs to get into better shape. She will have a chance to learn behind Ariel Atkins though and take a year to learn the college game and get into D1 shape.

She is a nice to have player, however, I feel we are in very good shape with what we have. I look for our Lady Vols to have an awesome year during the upcoming season. Holly will have a lot of talent to work with. Sometimes it is best not to be overloaded with talent, unless you can figure out how to distribute playing time. Things can become toxic.

Most of y'all keep talking about playing time in essence time management of the players. That's a good discussion to have if we had a coach that actually had a grasp on what that entails. Putting the right players in position for success.

How to incorporate 12 Lady Vols into a system. Alexa Middleton knew that she wouldn't be used accordingly therefore her transferring.

Each player has a role to play. A coach having a sound vision and maybe thinking outside the box. And having mismatches on the court throwing the opposition off it's game.

A good coach knows how to do the aforementioned.

I'm excited too with whom we have coming back with our great freshmen class. But I've been witnessed to two straight seasons of futility from our coaching staff. That's the kicker for me. :thud:

I hope I end up with egg on my face next season. I really do. :unsure:

GoLadyVols!

VN Store

Back