Rumor Mill Diamond going overseas!

Mr.Vol2U

Has anyone else heard that Diamond is forgoing her senior season to go play overseas? I have heard from multiple people she is leaving and it's really disheartening to hear. Just wondering if my sources may be wrong or if anyone else have heard this floating around. Not trying to start anything, but I had to ask

Reactions: 2 people
We may be down to 8 or 9 players again before the season ever starts. Really need to let Holly go and get a coach that can manage a team on and off the court.

Reactions: 6 people
I saw this yesterday on Margo's Tennessee fan page on FACEBOOK. You guys should really follow the page on Facebook. Hope its not true but I can actually see this happening not to mention she took down that letter she posted on IG about the freshman. Something is up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Has anyone else heard that Diamond is forgoing her senior season to go play overseas? I have heard from multiple people she is leaving and it's really disheartening to hear. Just wondering if my sources may be wrong or if anyone else have heard this floating around. Not trying to start anything, but I had to ask
Been hearing the same my cousin attends Tennessee and knows some of the basketball players.

How would this decision be Holly's fault?

Not just this decision a multitude of things that have happened under her watch. I think it could turn out to be another double digit loss season as freshmen tend to hit a wall and one or two injuries with a limited roster and your in huge trouble.
This decision is not Holly's fault but the way the team has played for two seasons is and if that turns out to be three regardless of the reasons we need to go in another direction.

Reactions: 4 people
Not just this decision a multitude of things that have happened under her watch. I think it could turn out to be another double digit loss season as freshmen tend to hit a wall and one or two injuries with a limited roster and your in huge trouble.
This decision is not Holly's fault but the way the team has played for two seasons is and if that turns out to be three regardless of the reasons we need to go in another direction.

It could be a double digit loss season or it could be a season like the Fab 5 (Chris Webber) had as freshman where our #1 class (like Michigan's number 1 class with Webber) takes us to a final four. The season hasn't begun yet and many of you are already saying its over. Damn can we let them go full speed and play a few games first?

It could be a double digit loss season or it could be a season like the Fab 5 (Chris Webber) had as freshman where our #1 class (like Michigan's number 1 class with Webber) takes us to a final four. The season hasn't begun yet and many of you are already saying its over. Damn can we let them go full speed and play a few games first?

I like your optimism and I hope your right. We have done less with more maybe we can reverse that. Davis and KK needed a season to adjust to College basketball they haven't played any competition even close to what they will see next season. Now if only Green is healthy we could actually have a huge season still.

How would this decision be Holly's fault?

Because the program has been a freakin' mess for years. We had a recruiting disaster/recruiting coordinator leave, players leaving, we've lost a lot of games. She does not have command of the program, because she does not have a commanding personality--just the opposite. You think all this BS happens with coaches like Geno or the late PS and others? I'm not blaming Warlick fo everything--but it's all of a piece. We need to start over with a smart, strong-minded, astute coach. And I say this regardless of whether the DD rumor is true or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Because the program has been a freakin' mess for years. We had a recruiting disaster/recruiting coordinator leave, players leaving, we've lost a lot of games. She does not have command of the program, because she does not have a commanding personality--just the opposite. You think all this BS happens with coaches like Geno or the late PS and others? I'm not blaming Warlick fo everything--but it's all of a piece. We need to start over with a smart, strong-minded, astute coach. And I say this regardless of whether the DD rumor is true or not.

Yep...Not good IMO when a player announces they are coming back and then all of a sudden 2-3 months later they decide to leave isn't a positive. Sounds like she knows she can be developed more overseas than hanging around the UT program another year.

Yep...Not good IMO when a player announces they are coming back and then all of a sudden 2-3 months later they decide to leave isn't a positive. Sounds like she knows she can be developed more overseas than hanging around the UT program another year.

What did she learn in those 2-3 months, that she didn't already know from being here for 3 years ?

There has been nothing but drama, drama and more drama since she has been here anyway. She is a freak athlete, but her attitude seems to be crap. Players for the most part are not tough like they were back in the day. If they are not getting their way the first thing they think about now is transferring, and not trying to work harder and get better. I blame all the parents and AAU coaches who tell them how great they are from the time they are 8 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
There has been nothing but drama, drama and more drama since she has been here anyway. She is a freak athlete, but her attitude seems to be crap. Players for the most part are not tough like they were back in the day. If they are not getting their way the first thing they think about now is transferring, and not trying to work harder and get better. I blame all the parents and AAU coachers who tell them how great they are from the time they are 8 years old.

She didn't play with that attitude when she played for the Pistols.

And by the way, bite me. . . I tell my players how bad they are,, and how great I expect them to be.

Don't blame AAU coaches.
We build players. . . The universities build the TEAM

She didn't play with that attitude when she played for the Pistols.

And by the way, bite me. . . I tell my players how bad they are,, and how great I expect them to be.

Don't blame AAU coaches.
We build players. . . The universities build the TEAM

Did you coach her in AAU? Because I have no idea who you are. I don't post much but am always reading were you act like you know more than the rest of us.

This is my personal opinion of my daughter having played AAU and college ball. Oh, and by the way she got this little attitude that she was going to transfer, and I told her "NO". She has since graduated and is coaching high school.

Last edited:
i have defended diamond through her 3 yrs when folk have said she is about her n not team.WELL I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE THAT HAVE SAID THOSE THINGS!!you have been proven right.it was the diamond team not the lady vol team.swhe was are best player but the hell wth her!!!!!!!1

VN Store

Back