A question for out of state fans?

Stoked

To all of the out of state fans like me, how often do you see people wearing Vols gear?

- I saw someone wearing a UT shirt at the mall up here in Lexington yesterday. I run into people quite frequently wearing orange.

How far do you travel to Neyland to watch the games and about how many games each year?

-3 1/2 hours for me. I'm hoping to come down for at least two games this year. UGA and LSU.

Reactions: 4 people
DFW is a Vols haven. Can't go into a store or restaurant with a power T and leave without acknowledgement. Lot of friendly Vol drivers also. :)

Reactions: 8 people
My Dad and I travel from the Spotsylvania, VA area which is roughly 7 hours to Knoxville. We usually go to one game each year but started going to two as of last year(VT & Florida). We're hoping to go to both the UGA & LSU games this year.

Reactions: 6 people
In Anderson SC there is a decent amount of Vols. I see the power T a few times per week in passing. A couple of the schools up here have quotes from Pat outside of their basketball courts which is awesome.

I have not been to a game since Dooley was our coach and it was a Bama game. It was a brutal game. We plan to make it to one this year.

Reactions: 3 people
Being in Georgia- we see lots and lots of TENNESSEE FANS!!! Lots of personalized license plates, power T's, always hear "GO VOLS" when wearing anything TENNESSEE...:rock:

We don't miss a home game either nor will we miss the upcoming game against GT....

I say it's great to be a TENNESSEE VOL!! (wherever you may be)....

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
I live in KC and very seldom do I see UT fans. But when I do or they notice me we always strike up a conversation. We go to a game at minimum once a year at Neyland Staduim. This upcoming season we have booked GT and UGA. When the Vols make it out here to play Mizzou we have gone there to watch them play also since it's so close.

I went to Norman in 2014 to watch the Vols play the Sooners since its a 4hr drive. Nonetheless, we always make at minimum 1 trip to Knoxville to watch UT play and it's always a big game. Not going all the way there to watch them play some scrub. Have to make the trip worth it.

Reactions: 5 people
DFW is a Vols haven. Can't go into a store or restaurant with a power T and leave without acknowledgement. Lot of friendly Vol drivers also. :)

Wife is from that area and when I visit out there, I can confirm your post.

I think Texans realize that they did a horrible job in trying to flatter us for not running like cowards at the Alamo. They stole our initials and tried to steal our colors, but they F'ed up and burnt the orange.

In Roanoke, VA. Starting to see the Power T more and more. I was recently on Va Tech's campus the other day while wearing a Butch Jones Power T shirt. Got a few harsh looks....lol!

Reactions: 7 people
Last Thursday, in Ireland, I was having breakfast at a B&B and a couple walked into the breakfast area. He was wearing a Power T cap and an Atlanta Falcon T shirt. Later Thursday, I saw a lady wearing a Big Orange sweat shirt at the Ross Castle.

Reactions: 5 people
I live in Tennessee now but I've lived several places and here is my take:

I lived in Austin TX for 6 years - Almost no (Real) UT fans- Lots of burnt orange UT fans though. I would see the occasional vacationing real UT fan.

I lived near Memphis for 4 years - Mostly Arkansas, Ole Miss and Memphis fans. Saw some UT fans like myself.

I lived in Orange TX for 2 years - All LSU fans, no UT fans.

I travel a lot for my job and it is not unusual for me to see Vol fans in the various airports, even as far away as Utah and Cali.

Go Vols!

I live in Northeast Alabama (Gadsden) and I didn't see much. But recently the past year or so and started noticing the power T popping up around here. There is only 4 schools that you see swag from here UT, auburn, bama and Jacksonville State.

Seldom

When I do I will say something, and frequently will get a blank stare back like they maybe just got the shirt from goodwill or something :ermm:

Reactions: 2 people
There are occasional flashes of orange here in Athens amidst all the red and black, but aside from the occasional car tag or sticker it's not terribly common. One begins to see a lot more orange about an hour and a half north of here towards the borders with TN and NC.

It's about a 3.5-4 hour drive to home games (much better than the 8.5ish hours I had to drive when I lived in northeast Florida), and I've only missed one since 2011 (the 2015 Oklahoma game for a pal's wedding...at least the reception had an open bar and a TV was available).

Piedmont Triad area (Winston-Salem, Greensboro, High Point, Lexington, Burlington) of North Carolina is plumb eat up with Tennessee fans. I see at least 4 cars a day, usually more. And always see people out at lunch sporting gear. It's at least as prevalent as the in State schools.

Good recruiting area too. Shy Tuttle was a good pick up from the Davidson Co (Lexington) area.

Reactions: 1 person
I live in the Houston area and see a Vol license plate, T-shirt, hat or something about every week. Once I started yelling Go Vols at a car next to me that had a sticker in the window and they acted like I was crazy.

Seems like Vol fans like to frequent Lowes & Home Depot, I've run into several fans there.

Used to see fellow Vols fans all the time wherever I was stationed: Germany, Fort Bragg, combat zones, other deployments, didn't matter, there were sure to be fellow Vols around. Didn't always have the colors showing (hard to work orange into you ACU uniform without getting stopped by the first sergeant!), but they were there. Flags on the side of the GP Medium, or on the inside of the HMMWV.

We remain the Volunteer state, as far as military service goes. We're all over the world, serving proudly.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 8 people
Northern Kentucky here. I sport my UT orange all year long around these UK fans, even during basketball season. We're about 4 hours away from Knoxville and try to make it down to one home game each year and almost always are at the away games in Lexington. Occasionally see another Vol fan on I-75 as they are passing through. But I always give a Go Vols! yell and a thumbs up :good!: if I pass someone and they'll usually throw back a nod or a wave. I think I catch them off guard, lol.

Reactions: 2 people
Columbia, SC--> I see the Power T on a car about once a day. A lot of people traveling through to Myrtle or Charleston.

When I lived in Huntsville it was an everyday thing, very common. Now that I'm in Florida, its rare, and people don't even respond to a "Go Vols."

Seldom

When I do I will say something, and frequently will get a blank stare back like they maybe just got the shirt from goodwill or something :ermm:

Same here. One time I tried to start up a conversation with someone that had on a UT shirt and they looked at me like wtf are you talking about and then looked down at their shirt and was like ohh yeah...lol. So now I'm a little hesitant to spark up a conversation.

There is a guy that works in my building that I see occasionally that reps the Vols. Other than that I'll see an occasional fan here and there. I have two friends that are Vol fans, but other than that I don't know anyone personally that is a fan. They're all UK and U of L fans :yuck:

Here I thought I lived pretty far from Knoxville, but I see a lot of people on here making longer drives than me. I need to get it together and make it to more games each year. Lol

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back