Gullickson feeds Vols valuable advice

kamoshika

7_5223968.jpg

Rock Gullickson has 39 years of strength and conditioning coaching experience, and he learned long ago that the secret to a healthy body is through the stomach. “It’s a mindset and a decision that has to be made,” Gullickson told SEC Country. “It’s understanding that, if I want to take this to the top, my body is the vehicle to my success, and I have to take care of that vehicle.”

...Gullickson said it’s a constant message. “We talk about it all the time, that there are three ways to change your body, and No. 1 is your workout, and we can help the guys with that. No. 2 is rest and recovery, it’s up to them and most do OK with that eight hours of sleep,” Gullickson said. “But we tell them if you really want to make a difference in your body, your nutrition has to change."

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-football-vols-rock-gullickson

Reactions: 14 people
After seeing that picture, I hope he gives Coleman Thomas sound advice on hair styling. Or is someone standing behind him?

Reactions: 6 people
He's right on nutrition. You can't work off a couple of pizzas and pitchers of beer every night.

Reactions: 3 people
7_5223968.jpg

Rock Gullickson has 39 years of strength and conditioning coaching experience, and he learned long ago that the secret to a healthy body is through the stomach. “It’s a mindset and a decision that has to be made,” Gullickson told SEC Country. “It’s understanding that, if I want to take this to the top, my body is the vehicle to my success, and I have to take care of that vehicle.”

...Gullickson said it’s a constant message. “We talk about it all the time, that there are three ways to change your body, and No. 1 is your workout, and we can help the guys with that. No. 2 is rest and recovery, it’s up to them and most do OK with that eight hours of sleep,” Gullickson said. “But we tell them if you really want to make a difference in your body, your nutrition has to change."

He's right.

Reactions: 1 person
7_5223968.jpg

This is true for anyone, not just college athletes, who wants to improve their over-all health and stay disease- free. About five years ago, my wife and I stopped eating all processed enriched flour breads and pastas, processed meats, and refined white sugar. My weight dropped from 220 lbs. to 192 which is what I weghed my senior year at UT when I was bullet-proof and immortal. Our energy levels increased, we've slept better and neither one of us have had as much as a cold since the diet change. Throw in lots of fresh, local farm-raised fruits, veggies and nuts and, voilla, a healthy body and mind.... and stay hydrated with clean pure water. We eat live-sprouted Ezekiel breads from ancient grains (spelt, millet and a few more) and use unrefined organic coconut sugar for sweetening. Combined with a regular moderate exercise routine, one can get healthy in a hurry... My dear bride of over forty years just turned 68 and I'm 72. GO VOLS!!!!

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah, that hair style. It's just what the youngins are doing these days. Freakin man bun. If you aren't a Chinese warrior, cut it off Nancyboy. lolol

Last edited:
This is true for anyone, not just college athletes, who wants to improve their over-all health and stay disease- free. About five years ago, my wife and I stopped eating all processed enriched flour breads and pastas, processed meats, and refined white sugar. My weight dropped from 220 lbs. to 192 which is what I weghed my senior year at UT when I was bullet-proof and immortal. Our energy levels increased, we've slept better and neither one of us have had as much as a cold since the diet change. Throw in lots of fresh, local farm-raised fruits, veggies and nuts and, voilla, a healthy body and mind.... and stay hydrated with clean pure water. We eat live-sprouted Ezekiel breads from ancient grains (spelt, millet and a few more) and use unrefined organic coconut sugar for sweetening. Combined with a regular moderate exercise routine, one can get healthy in a hurry... My dear bride of over forty years just turned 68 and I'm 72. GO VOLS!!!!

Pepper, I eat like a pig, red meat as often as I can get it, white bread, chips and dips, pizza, big huge helpings of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, only include token vegetables to make them feel not as bad about themselves, drink beer, drink wine, drink Jack, drink sodas, sugar-overdosed sweet tea, wouldn't touch pure water it's poison, I'm a walking culinary disaster area, and feeling great. Sleep like a baby, except when the dreams get me. Haven't had so much as a cold in so long I can't remember (5 years? 8? dunno).

On the plus side, I do exercise.

I'm in my mid-50s and feeling great. I attribute all my healthiness to my diet. :)

Last edited:
Pepper, I eat like a pig, red meat as often as I can get it, white bread, chips and dips, pizza, big huge helpings of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, only include token vegetables to make them feel not as bad about themselves, drink beer, drink wine, drink Jack, drink sodas, sugar-overdosed sweet tea, wouldn't touch pure water it's poison, I'm a walking culinary disaster area, and feeling great. Sleep like a baby, except when the dreams get me. Haven't had so much as a cold in so long I can't remember (5 years? 8? dunno).

On the plus side, I do exercise.

I'm in my mid-50s and feeling great. I attribute all my healthiness to my diet. :)

Congrats, 82. Mid 50's, huh? That's a young man to this old codger Vol. Still plenty of time for all that ingestion to catch up with you, although I hope not. Also, one can never rule out good old family genes. I think sometimes good genes trumps everything else when it's all said and done. Good luck in all things future, my friend...

VN Store

Back