game attendance

greenbacknative

Guys, we're flying into Greenback for the Indiana State game. Haven't been there forever. What are the best options for getting to the game? Bus, taxi, water taxi? Do they still have buses coming out of Midland Center in Maryville? Thanks for your help..:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Your best bet might be to buy a parking pass off of craigslist the week leading up to the game. You can buy garage passes and AG campus passes for pretty cheap, especially for non-conference games.

Last edited:
Your best bet might be to buy a parking pass off of craigslist the week leading up to the game. You can buy garage passes and AG camp passes for pretty cheap, especially for non-conference games.

Good idea here or park at the Civic coliseum for 7$ and ride a bus over to the stadium before and after the game. It is pretty convenient.

Reactions: 4 people
Guys, we're flying into Greenback for the Indiana State game. Haven't been there forever. What are the best options for getting to the game? Bus, taxi, water taxi? Do they still have buses coming out of Midland Center in Maryville? Thanks for your help..:thumbsup:

Where are you landing in Greenback? I want to see this! :p

Have fun on your trip back to God's Country. I can't wait to spend a lot of time up there this Fall, myself....just across 95/321 from where you'll be on Ft. Loudon Lake.

Reactions: 3 people

I've lived in BC for over 20 years and didn't know they had buses out of Midland.
Midland is in Alcoa, BTW.

Yes I remember the buses - I used to ride them into Knoxville when I lived in Maryville .. a long time ago.

I have no clue if they still operate them and the question would be whether they operate them on game days.

Where are you landing in Greenback? I want to see this! :p

Have fun on your trip back to God's Country. I can't wait to spend a lot of time up there this Fall, myself....just across 95/321 from where you'll be on Ft. Loudon Lake.

A cleared off tobacco field. Doubles as a.... never mind. We are coming into Knoxville but staying in Greenback for a week. Can't wait.... Have you played Wind River golf course? Man what a layout!:thumbsup:

Good idea here or park at the Civic coliseum for 7$ and ride a bus over to the stadium before and after the game. It is pretty convenient.

I can't believe the coliseum is still standing..I went to a couple concerts there like 1969-70. Sly and the Family stone and later on saw the Temptations..I think the live concert was in black and white cause it was so long ago...good time though.:yes:

You can always take the shuttles from foothills mall. They won't leave you much room to do anything before or after the game but probably the cheapest method for parking that close.

A cleared off tobacco field. Doubles as a.... never mind. We are coming into Knoxville but staying in Greenback for a week. Can't wait.... Have you played Wind River golf course? Man what a layout!:thumbsup:

Played it several times. Fun course...actually holed out a hybrid on the 18th hole from about 220 yards out. I should have quit the game that day! :loco:

We live in Vonore and always drive to the Foothills mall in Maryville. We catch a bus at the West end of the parking lot where Sears in located. Buses start leaving 3 hours before kickoff up to shortly before game time. The buses park close to the practice fields( a couple of blocks walk.. After the game, they leave when a bus is loaded and the last bus leaves 1 hour after the game is over. Cost is $10 per person. Easy as Pie.

Reactions: 2 people

Why would you pay $7 to park at the Civic Coliseum? You can park on State St or any of the parking lots around there and walk to and from the stadium for FREE.

Meters are not checked downtown on weekends nor do they charge for the State St garage. Pretty easy walk to and from stadium.

Did I mention this is all FREE!

I park behind downtown grill and brewery on gay st. Sure it's a little bit of a walk but it helps to sober up before going inside. Then the excitement of walking back after a win to go drink some more of downtown grill and brewery craft beer.

Why would you pay $7 to park at the Civic Coliseum? You can park on State St or any of the parking lots around there and walk to and from the stadium for FREE.

Meters are not checked downtown on weekends nor do they charge for the State St garage. Pretty easy walk to and from stadium.

And right behind downtown grill and brewery. Which is the the buisiness.

While the garage is free be careful of the meters as all have changed downtown and some meters are still active on Saturday. Each street is different.

VN Store

Back