Comparisons

BACKDOC

Who do the new Vols remind you of?? I think John Kelly is comparable to Travis Henry. Neither are gonna bump their head due to bilateral short leg syndrome. Neither are gonna challenge Christian Coleman in a foot race; but if you needed a couple of tough yards on third down, Travis Henry would get it for you, and I think Kelly is that kind of back. Now for that QB from Jersey (JG). He kinda reminds me of Tony Robinson........tall but yet needs to hit the buffet and the gym a little more, a cannon for an arm, and a throw first run second type of mentality, even though both aren't exactly statues.

I can see Kelly reminding people of Henry or Graham...just a workhorse back!

Go get 'em Kelly!

Reactions: 1 person
Who do the new Vols remind you of?? I think John Kelly is comparable to Travis Henry. Neither are gonna bump their head due to bilateral short leg syndrome. Neither are gonna challenge Christian Coleman in a foot race; but if you needed a couple of tough yards on third down, Travis Henry would get it for you, and I think Kelly is that kind of back. Now for that QB from Jersey (JG). He kinda reminds me of Tony Robinson........tall but yet needs to hit the buffet and the gym a little more, a cannon for an arm, and a throw first run second type of mentality, even though both aren't exactly statues.

Kelly reminds me more of Travis Stephens than Travis Henry.

Reactions: 2 people
QB Quinten Dormady = Kerry Collins
QB Jarrett Guarantano = Colin Kaepernick
WR Josh Palmer = David Boston
TE Latrell Bumphus = Dwayne Allen (Colts/Patriots)
OL Trey Smith = Kelechi Osemele
DT Kendal Vickers = Ray McDonald
DE Darrell Taylor = Brian Orakpo

QB Quieten Dormady = Kerry Collins
QB Jarrett Guarantano = Colin Kaepernick
WR Josh Palmer = David Boston
TE Latrell Bumphus = Dwayne Allen (Colts/Patriots)
OL Trey Smith = Kelechi Osemele
DT Kendal Vickers = Ray McDonald
DE Darrell Taylor = Brian Orakpo

So, you dont think much of QD or JG with those comparisons?

So, you dont think much of QD or JG with those comparisons?

That's 2 NFL QBs that led their teams to the Super Bowl. Kerry Collins won a national title in college and was a top 5 draft pick while Colin Kaepernick set records in college for total yards that still stand.

Those are 2 great QBs I compared them to. Not hall of famers but incredibly good college QBs that had good pro careers. Kerry Collins and Colin Kaepernick ain't nothing to scoff at.

Kelly reminds me of someone who gives their all for Tennessee every time he touches the ball...thanks VFL...:rock::rock::clapping::clapping::salute:

PS. let's break off a couple grand this year...:good!:

GO VOLS!

Reminds me of Stephens
Very hard runner and hard to tackle

This team seems to have great chemistry. Did y'all see how excited everyone was when Eli Wolfe got a scholarship!

Good sign! 🍊🏈👌

That's 2 NFL QBs that led their teams to the Super Bowl. Kerry Collins won a national title in college and was a top 5 draft pick while Colin Kaepernick set records in college for total yards that still stand.

Those are 2 great QBs I compared them to. Not hall of famers but incredibly good college QBs that had good pro careers. Kerry Collins and Colin Kaepernick ain't nothing to scoff at.

Collins did not win a natty, Penn St finished undefeated but 2nd in both polls behind Nebraska in 94.

John Kelly reminds me of the RB who wore #4 last year, except a little bit better I hope.

Seriously, how in the world do you see a few practice clips of a freshman WR and compare him to David Boston, who played in college 20 years ago?

John Kelly reminds me of the RB who wore #4 last year, except a little bit better I hope.

Seriously, how in the world do you see a few practice clips of a freshman WR and compare him to David Boston, who played in college 20 years ago?

I actually don't remember Boston in college. I just remember him in the NFL during the early 2000s when he was sort of a Terrell Owens like player. His running style, body proportions, and the way he caught the ball were just unique and stuck out to me. Josh Palmer has a similar gait and long arms as well as catching style.

Lets hope Josh Palmer can be the good version of David Boston.

U can't. Especially since D4H said he was too young to ever see Peyton play in college. Boston was at OSU at the same time Peyton was at UT. So, as usual, he is talking out his a$$. Oh, my bad, he has seen the tape.

I actually don't remember Boston in college. I just remember him in the NFL during the early 2000s when he was sort of a Terrell Owens like player. His running style, body proportions, and the way he caught the ball were just unique and stuck out to me. Josh Palmer has a similar gait and long arms as well as catching style.

Lets hope Josh Palmer can be the good version of David Boston.

U know nothing Jon Snow and/or D4H

Compete, Dont' Compare!

Actually, JJ reminds me of Carl Pickens. Not only due to the #, but his size, competitiveness, and the manner in which he makes moves.

Compete, Dont' Compare!

Actually, JJ reminds me of Carl Pickens. Not only due to the #, but his size, competitiveness, and the manner in which he makes moves.

I love JJ, but nobody compares to Carl Pickens. Pickens was an All-American WR, returner and could of been an All-American safety. He was Charles Woodson 7 years before anybody had heard of Woodson

VN Store

Back