Dat

OrngeJuiceJones

I know the acronym UT is using. But what's the big deal about why they changed it from TAD to DAT, is it some rap song out now or something the kids are saying? What am I missing? Basilio just said they like it, and it's big with the kids...

Reactions: 1 person
they players changed it, may have been something in a song ? can't remember, but the players are the ones that changed it to DAT so they could use "DAT way"

Dat does sound better than TAD..I am sure if they went with TAD they would hear all the jokes about it..Like is that short for tadpole or what..It makes me no difference what they call it as long as I can call it a W on Saturdays...GBO

Migos and Rich the Kid, song called Dat Way. Some of the lyrics:

Uh, yeah, Dat Way
Pick up the phone and call Kanye
Uh, yeah, Dat Way
Told him put The Huncho on the runway
Uh, yeah, Dat Way
The plug pull up on me anyday
He told me pull up to his mansion alone
And don't come in with all that gun play

Not sure it's important what the song's about, it's just important that the song is out.

And the lads wanted to match the acronym to it. So the coaches said let's let 'em do it.

Reactions: 2 people

Not sure it's important what the song's about, it's just important that the song is out.

And the lads wanted to match the acronym to it. So the coaches said let's let 'em do it.

By letting the players adjust it from TAD to DAT creates ownership. It's easier to back your OWN ideas over somebody else's. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Last year's slogan was also DAT.
Dissaontment
Attrition
Turnovers
if u wanna be a legit smart butt use spell check first.. wth is a dissaontment? a lack of ointment? is this some reference to a plague of athletes foot? Was that the root cause of our injuries last year? maybe you're onto something here.

Reactions: 3 people
DAT is a great acronym

Maybe they wanted to change it because we are playing LSU this year and they wanted to say "Who DAT"

Last edited:
if u wanna be a legit smart butt use spell check first.. wth is a dissaontment? a lack of ointment? is this some reference to a plague of athletes foot? Was that the root cause of our injuries last year? maybe you're onto something here.

"U" should be spelled as "you". Also, you should be capitalizing the first letter of a new sentence.

If I ever want to get under my wife's skin, all I have to do is toss in a couple of, "what's dat?" and "it's sitting on the table over dere." Good for an eye roll every time. :)

damata sets mine off. lol

It was originally popularized in Bad and Boujee

VN Store

Back