Favorite Stadium

dcm3w

Daddy
I personally haven't been to many stadiums, unfortunately. So, I wanted to know y'alls top stadium in three categories best, worst, and dream.

Top: Neyland
Worst: UTC (it's not bad but I haven't been to many)
Dream: Lambeau, Autzen, Ann Arbor and a few more.

Best Neyland (when the grass is nice and green) Worst Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky and the old Georgia Dome --- Dream Auburn and LSU Tiger Stadium ( only when Vols play there)

Best: "Jerryworld"

Worst: Vandy and Notre Dame (before the renovations)

Dream: Lambeau and Arrowhead.

Last edited:
Favorite Neyland. Hands down. Worst. Michigan. The fans are idiots! Dream. AT&T stadium for a cowboys game. Never been there would love to see it.

Last edited:
BEST: Neyland

WORSE: vandie (except when Vols in the house)

Attachments

• Neyland Stadium September 2016.jpg
    Neyland Stadium September 2016.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Tennessee at vandie 2014.jpg
    Tennessee at vandie 2014.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: 4 people
Neyland is tops. LSU is a great place if you are dressed like an LSU fan. USCe is a cesspool. Tempe AZ is scenic. Jerry's World is super well done ... shame it is wasted on the cryboys. Lambeau is one of a kind. Enough cannon fodder for now.

Reactions: 1 person
Find me a stadium with reasonably comfortable seats, convenient and amble parking and
restrooms, and wide pedestrian paths that are free of bottlenecks and I'll tell you my favorite.

For a smaller, more modern stadium, the Razorbacks stadium in Fayetteville is quite quaint and has good viewing. But if I am playing...

1. Neyland. Hands down.
2. Kentucky's Commonwealth
3. Would love to see a game at Notre Dame Stadium...so much history

Been lucky enough--or maybe I'm just old--to have seen the Vols play away games in every SEC stadium except Kentucky and Vandy. Have just never cared enough to get tickets for those two; probably should go just to say I've been.

Obviously my favorite stadium is Neyland.

The expanded A&M stadium is REALLY nice. And their cult-like, passionate traditions make for a unique away game experience.

As much as I hate them, the Swamp is a great place to see a game. Been to every Vols away game there since 1993. Dated a Gator co-ed before I met my wife and went to some Florida games that were not against the Vols.

I have been to LSU several times including the Rick Clausen hurricane-delayed, amazing comeback game and the Dooley 18-men-on-the-field goal line stand almost win. Stadium itself is tired but the atmosphere cannot be beat.

Notre Dame. Autzen. Arkansas. Vaught-Hemingway. All were pretty meh stadiums physically but have great crowds and unique traditions that made them notable and worth my visit. Baylor's new stadium with an Art Briles coached team on the field beating Texas was off the charts game day experience.

Missouri and Baylor's old Floyd Casey stadium are the two worst.

Dream? Probably Camp Nou in Barcelona for an El Clásico match against Real Madrid.

Last edited:
Best: Rose Bowl, the Granddaddy of them all. Great venue.

Worst: Hands down, Oklahoma. Especially since the renovation.

To be honest im a die heart hurricane fan, but since my nephew plays for the vols ive become and love the vol tradition its amazing..
MY TOP 3

#1 Neyland by far..game experience awesome, all the orange and white in the stadium..last year was my first time going
#2 The original Orange bowl was a vintage place to see a game..the stadium was old but the game day experience off the charts..the stadium literally be shaking
#3 FSU stadium that place crazy haven't been to the new look stadium

My dream stadiums to go to are Cowboys and going to see a Oregon game

Reactions: 2 people
#1 of course!
th

and the worse ever, to us, is commode Vanderbilt high school stadium in Nashville.. :good!:

Reactions: 2 people
best is Neyland of course

dream is where the VOLS are playing for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP at

worst has to be Liberty Bowl

GBO

1 Neyland

2 Vandy or The Memphis Hat, tossup (the "hat" is not much better than the old Crump Stadium, but that's too far back for most folks)

3 The Rose Bowl

To be honest im a die heart hurricane fan, but since my nephew plays for the vols ive become and love the vol tradition its amazing..
MY TOP 3

#1 Neyland by far..game experience awesome, all the orange and white in the stadium..last year was my first time going
#2 The original Orange bowl was a vintage place to see a game..the stadium was old but the game day experience off the charts..the stadium literally be shaking
#3 FSU stadium that place crazy haven't been to the new look stadium

My dream stadiums to go to are Cowboys and going to see a Oregon game

Agreed, the old Orange bowl was an experience like no other. Between the stadium shaking and there only being 5 restrooms it was crazy. Went to a few FSU/Miami games which every fan should experience at least once.

Best.
1. Neyland
2. Baylor
3. Virginia Tech

Worst
1. Vandy
2. Missouri
3. Georgia Tech

Dream-Jerryworld

Neyland has a certain, old school, charm like Fenway Park. It's old, uneven in spots, but it screams Southern football. Some of the modernization (ribbon boards, etc) clash with that charm but you have to have it in today's world.

Other stadiums I've enjoyed:

1. Rose Bowl...old school
2. Kyle Field. Now that place was nice!
3. Raymond James...especially since the renovations

Stadiums I don't/ didn't care for:

1. Vandy. No atmosphere
2. Liberty Bowl.
3. GA Dome. I usually liked the reason UT was playing there (SEC CG) but that place never did much for me.
4. Beaver Stadium. When I was there in '95 it looked like an erector set.

Best: Rose Bowl, the Granddaddy of them all. Great venue.

Worst: Hands down, Oklahoma. Especially since the renovation.

I didn't think Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium was that bad. It's obviously not the best what wouldn't say its the worst either.

As far as stadiums I've been to...

Best: Neyland (of course)

Fair to middlin': Sanford (great atmosphere despite the fans and predominant color scheme)

Worst: Everbank Field, particularly when it's full of pups and mud lizards. It was fun watching the Vols whip Iowa there though a few years back.

I'd like to attend a game at every SEC stadium at some point, but especially one at Kyle Field. That place looks impressive.

Neyland
Kroger
I'd like to visit lsu during a night game.

VN Store

Back