Where there's smoke there's fire?

etcolton

Sorry if already posted but I found this very interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,361
Reactions: 4 people
Well if Manning isn't on your side....yikes.

That is not a good. Currie has already shown he will axe a coach.

Call Dan Mullen. Make him say no. Give him full power to hire staff. Try to keep Gillespie.

Little weird saying Wiggins is gone? Where's he gonna go? He's a 5th year transfer. Just quit all together?

Reactions: 5 people
Sounds like immature BS to me. Byrd is Scotts recruit. JG and his parents always showed love to Jones. Wiggins can't crack the starting line up. Peyton Manning is not one to run away from this. Especially since he never beat Florida. Oh well

Reactions: 11 people
If that was really posted at 247, it's been deleted. JAV has been MIA there since before the game and there's currently a thread about how he hasn't posted since the game.

Reactions: 3 people
Fire him now. What must be done eventually, should be done immediately. There is no part of the program worth keeping with him. Some of this staff is worth keeping, ditch Butch And let the search begin.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm ready for the change. Year 5. Barring a miracle, no championships, and we haven't even sniffed a division title. That is unacceptable for a program that is top 10 in wins. It's unacceptable at any of the Power 5 heavyweights.

Reactions: 2 people
"I know for an absolute fact that Peyton and some other money guys are on the 'move on from Butch train'." - The guy overplayed it by mentioning Peyton and calling it 'an absolute fact'. I don't believe that Manning would ever take a stance for a coaching change. That's just not how he does things.

Reactions: 12 people
Seems like they deleted a few things. But that doesn't make it any less true. Apparently that guy is a member of the staff in some capacity, so possible that he second guessed his decision to post that.

Reactions: 2 people
There's smoke for sure. If this guy really is legit then I'm worried about players walking. Byrd with the peace sign, Carlin Fils-Aime with the "need to think" and the guy walking emoji, and Shaq liking all of the anti Butch talk on social media.
If he's not legit, then he could have seen all of this on Volnation. Just like I did.
I would love to get a homerun hire coach, but I hate seeing players transfer and losing recruits. If a coaching change is going to happen it better happen quickly before the wheels fall completely off. I'm afraid if it waits too long this thing may spiral out of control.

It's also possible that it was a bs post.

It's also possible Manning understands every aspect of football and sees that the longer this takes the worse the outcome.

Tennessee has built up a decent roster and fan support over the past few years. It would be dumb to let that completely crater before taking action. And possibly even more financially costly than a buyout. Manning is a business man himself as well as a player. He knows the game and the financial aspect of a program as well.

VN Store

Back