Jones' QB indecision is gonna be nail in the coffin

VOL 4 Life 83

Among other things. Just pick a QB and go with them. Two QB systems hardly ever work. No rhythm.

I think he worries too much about what other people think and tries to make them happy. It ain't gonna work

I wish he would play JG earlier in the game and not wait until the 3rd quarter. Play QD 2 series, play JG 2 series and see who's got better rhythm, and stick with that one the rest of the game.

He hired a pal and a joke of a QB coach. It shows. Neither look good at all.

I wish he would play JG earlier in the game and not wait until the 3rd quarter. Play QD 2 series, play JG 2 series and see who's got better rhythm, and stick with that one the rest of the game.

That would be a sure way to go 3-9. It would allow neither guy to build confidence. It would allow neither guy to develop continuity with the O.

JG is a redshirt freshman and has to understand he's gonna be the QB at least 2 full years. Butch needs to stick with Dormady. He gives us the best chance of winning.

Among other things. Just pick a QB and go with them. Two QB systems hardly ever work. No rhythm.
They only work well when you have two QB's with completely different skill sets... Like Tebow and Leak.

Jones invited a QB controversy today not so much outside the team but within it. They now have players who have to wonder if the coaches trust either QB to run the team. The QB's have to worry about being yanked because the OL doesn't block or the receivers don't do their jobs.

He better put a bullet in this one EARLY.

I think today showed why JG is backup. He is a freshman and still raw talent at this time . He appears to have a lot of potential and throws a good ball just seems the game is still a little fast for him now. Next year he will be older and physically more mature and had time to adjust to the speed of college football. Then he will be very good

Based on what? His monster numbers against bad competition?

As opposed to bad numbers against bad competition? If you want to go that route... that's what you have.

Here's your "numbers" for today. JG had three drives.... 11 plays gaining a total of 10 yards. He was 2 for 5 for -3 yards.

He is NOT ready.

If the above does not make you understand that he is not ready to make the right decisions and manage the O... then you are just too committed to self-delusion. It isn't that he's a bad player or anything else. He just isn't ready.

The announcers mentioned that the receivers had bad body language after he went in. One of the possible reasons is that they just don't trust him.

If this keeps getting pushed, Jones will lose Dormady... hurt JG's promising career... and probably lose the team for him as well.

I get it, Dormady hasn't looked sharp, but he's the better QB, RIGHT NOW. He's managed the lead us back in 2 games this year where we were behind. He needs to keys full time

Regardless of who the QB is... if UT's receivers and OL don't get better... the QB cannot succeed. The OL took a MAJOR step backward today.

Regardless of who the QB is... if UT's receivers and OL don't get better... the QB cannot succeed. The OL took a MAJOR step backward today.

I think it's more that scheme than anything. Haven't had a real good line since Jones showed up. Too many recruits that everyone wanted to say they're just busts.

I don't have an issue with him trying a new QB but do it in the first half, not when the game is in doubt.

It could play a factor....but I would have to say the nail will be because he cannot coach at a high level......he cannot develop talent.......and he cannot manage the game.

Based on what? His monster numbers against bad competition?

QD would be fine if he was actually a good QB. He has the measurables and the strong accurate arm. He's just not a gamer, period.

JG hasn't had one lick of help from any of his receivers in either the spring game or today. I feel for him. High snaps, dropped passes, fumbled handoffs. It's tough. I'd love to have seen him play the ENTIRE SECOND HALF, as should have been the case.

BUT WE COULDN'T PUT UMASS AWAY?

it looked like QD was a little gimpy in the third quarter...didn't seem right...oh, well, anyway, JG has a way to go yet...the line play wasn't anything special either...:)

GO VOLS!

I think it's more that scheme than anything. Haven't had a real good line since Jones showed up. Too many recruits that everyone wanted to say they're just busts.

Everything you stated is the fault of Butch Jones. He is in charge of bringing in and developing talent. Many teams make good use of 2 and 3 stars.......butch has a hard time developing 4 stars. Heck one of the best DT/QB's in the nation (a couple years ago) now somehow is not even able to line up under center........according to Butch (that is a lack of development......or just stupidity for saying it).

VN Store

Back