CBS says UGA loss should end it

If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

Reactions: 8 people
If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

The bye week would probably be best if they're going to do it mid season. That way the team can adapt to the intern coach

Reactions: 2 people
If they can him on the bi-week, they could at least salvage the season I think. The team is talented enough to go 8-4, even with the start so far. Dropping the Alabama and LSU game would put us there and could salvage a decent bowl game.

We wouldn't even need some lights out coach to go 8-4. Hell, if we just had a great highschool coach who could call time outs properly and run on the 1 yard line, that would go a longggggg way.

Reactions: 14 people
If they can him on the bi-week, they could at least salvage the season I think. The team is talented enough to go 8-4, even with the start so far. Dropping the Alabama and LSU game would put us there and could salvage a decent bowl game.

We wouldn't even need some lights out coach to go 8-4. Hell, if we just had a great highschool coach who could call time outs properly and run on the 1 yard line, that would go a longggggg way.

These kids aren't responding to butch so someone like a Brady Hoke taking over might just salvage this season.

Reactions: 3 people
These kids aren't responding to butch so someone like a Brady Hoke taking over might just salvage this season.

Every Michigan fan I've talked to up here for the last year said Brady Hoke wasn't a very good motivator. They told me good luck with him at Tennessee...

Reactions: 1 person
Every Michigan fan I've talked to up here for the last year said Brady Hoke wasn't a very good motivator. They told me good luck with him at Tennessee...

I'll take your word for it, what about Scott? He led Miami to a bowl after Golden was fired

If we go to an interim coach, there is only one coach on the current staff who is doing an excellent job: Robert Gillespie.

Reactions: 14 people
Some jerk writes a hit piece like this for attention. Jones is here all season.

Can we stop this stupidity every 5 minutes?

I'm not so sure he makes it through the season, so it is worth speculating about.

Now, I doubt he is fired next week, but it probably all depends on what his team looks like on Saturday. If it is an embarrassing shellacking with unacceptable effort, then all bets are off.

Has been my hope that he had to win one of Florida or Georgia or we would replace him. I think replacing him and getting a decent OC and DC could work wonders for this team. Butch seems to be some kind of person that thinks anybody can handle those jobs. I know Shoop was highly thought of but he isn't doing anything here. I know defense played a decent game yesterday but it was UMass. Scott is lost in space guy called the worst game ever yesterday. UMass eight in the box he is running into their strength.

Too late to wait until then in my opinion. Bye week after Georgia is the time. If we wait until after Bama, our record is likely 3-4 (0-4 in SEC) by then with the season lost in the minds of players and fans. I really can't see this team holding up through Bama with Jones as the HC. A change at HC even if it's a staff guy at interim might get them to believe enough to beat SC. There is talent on this team and still a desire to win this year. 7 or 8 wins with a new HC coming in sooner than later is achievable and a better outcome and positive outlook for this program going into next year. After yesterday I see us going 3-5 the rest of the season at best if Jones stays. That equates to 2-6 in the SEC - a disaster. Early signing day for recruits in December could be bad if Currie doesn't act quickly. That record and a toxic environment will doom this early signing period for us and may put us on the end of the line to get a solid coach.

Key word in that article is "should". It's just click bait and you fell for it. Yesterday the team was flat. It happens, especially with a big game last week and another one next week. Even the fans were flat. I'm beginning to wonder if Tennessee fans deserve a winning football team. Players are affected by your negativity. When you say you support the team, but not the coaches, you are lying. The coaches are part of the team. Is there a point in a coaching tenure that a change becomes necessary? Yes, it happened here with Bowden Wyatt, Bill Battle, and Derek Dooley. Are we at that point with Butch Jones? Not even close. If you're not on board with this coaching staff, you're part of the problem.

Reactions: 4 people
I expect we have Butch until the end of the season. Everything changes if he manages to beat Georgia which is slim but certainly a possibility. That game should determine our direction regardless of whether it is the end of the season or after the game we need a change if we lose that game unless of course a miracle happens and we win every game left on the schedule.

VN Store

Back