Jones Show, who is he calling out?

Bigorange123

I didn't get to watch the game...

Talking about second half offense, "One individual wouldn't do their job, and all of a sudden there is a negative football play."

He is becoming more and more like Dooley ever passing year minus the recruiting.

I'm assuming that's typical coach speak.

He probably was trying to say that it's better than it looks, but on a lot of plays one individual (it varies as to who it is) doesn't do their job and the whole play goes to crap.

It's their way of saying we're really close when it doesn't look good.

Reactions: 6 people
If he's calling out one person, then I would think that would mean the team is starting to quit on him. If that's the case, it's only gonna get worse.

I had to turn it off. Nothing on anything the coaches should have done to get the team better prepared.

He made a similar comment just after the game on the butch Jones radio show. He was talking about how "this is the greatest team sport in the world" and followed that up by saying when "one or two individuals" don't do their part, the team won't function. At the time, to me, it sounded like he was calling some people out for effort, and it didn't surprise me.

PS I'm still supporting Coach

He needs to call himself out.

He did in the post game

He didn't throw anyone under the bus, but was just making a comment about all 11 players needing to be on the same page. I'll agree that Butch is or getting the job done, but most of you need to stop taking things out of context

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm assuming that's typical coach speak.

He probably was trying to say that it's better than it looks, but on a lot of plays one individual (it varies as to who it is) doesn't do their job and the whole play goes to crap.

It's their way of saying we're really close when it doesn't look good.

Your level headedness is sorely needed in this forum

He did in the post game

He didn't throw anyone under the bus, but was just making a comment about all 11 players needing to be on the same page. I'll agree that Butch is or getting the job done, but most of you need to stop taking things out of context

Not taking anything out of context. To often we split hairs and focus on the details we want to focus on to prove our argument. This football team has issues and they all point back to the head coach. No matter how you want to view it.

My overall view is that through 4 1/3 year, we have yet to see a CBJ lead team play good fundamental football for any consistent length of time. This is simply undeniable. Sure the talent will win games sometimes. But it will lose you more big games than it will win. Any for of stats you look at will back this up.

That it not to acknowledge that CBJ is awful. He has done alot of good things. However he is an average football coach. CBJ struggles in the 10-20% of things that takes an average coach from average to good or great. And through 4 1/3 years that has been the only thing that is consistent.

Reactions: 2 people
He made a similar comment just after the game on the butch Jones radio show. He was talking about how "this is the greatest team sport in the world" and followed that up by saying when "one or two individuals" don't do their part, the team won't function. At the time, to me, it sounded like he was calling some people out for effort, and it didn't surprise me.

PS I'm still supporting Coach

He is a "coach" in title only.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back