Media

VolPack22

Jessica Alba wears my Daddy hat
Pertaining to Butch's little rant on the media, I have a question posed to you all: If you were head coach would you try to shut down the media almost completely around the program to protect the program/players from negativity or would you just let them report whatever they feel like reporting? Me personally, I hate almost all media in today's era because so much drama gets stirred up over non issues that it's becoming mind numbing and everyone seems so sensitive about every little thing. I wouldn't mind Butch telling all of them to shove it and my go to answer would become "No Comment." Was wondering what everyone else's thoughts were as well.

Reactions: 4 people
There is no way to shut out the media. There is no way to control what is reported, something our coach obviously struggles with.

A tip would be to stop giving them so much ammo. CBJ makes their job very easy.

Reactions: 10 people
You can't control what is reported necessarily but you can control the press conferences and practices. If it got to a certain point he could shut down press conferences all together and make all the practices closed practices. Then they wouldn't have a whole lot to report except on game day.

If the media really wanted to burn Butch down, they would scrounge up all the videos of his sideline antics from last Saturday.

Borderline hysterical at times.

This isn't Kent state. This is Tennessee. Butch is in over his head. Cracks are showing. The media see its. Hell, everyone with two eyeballs sees it. They are going to talk about it.

Reactions: 5 people
These guys can see it...

Attachments

• IMG_4849.jpg
    IMG_4849.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4851.jpg
    IMG_4851.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 2 people
And these....

Attachments

• IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4853.jpg
    IMG_4853.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4854.jpg
    IMG_4854.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 1 person
Anddddd....I mean, literally everyone who isnt a blind Butch Jones fan can see this guy has gone off the rails...

Attachments

• IMG_4855.jpg
    IMG_4855.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4858.jpg
    IMG_4858.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4859.jpg
    IMG_4859.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4861.jpg
    IMG_4861.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 11
I would go all Bobby Knight or Mike Ditka on these idiots

Truth is to deal with sometimes but for 4+ million a year,he should have to answer tough questions. I am not sticking up for the media because theiare a joke looking to cause problems even when things are going well.

Truth is to deal with sometimes but for 4+ million a year,he should have to answer tough questions. I am not sticking up for the media because theiare a joke looking to cause problems even when things are going well.

I just would not talk to them -- Marshawn Lynch makes way more that 4 mil and wont talk to the idiots or be like Knight and Ditka and answer with a sarcastic remark

Butch for years thought he was the smartest guy in the room when talking to fans and media, when in fact he's an idiot.
Go back to how he miss managed the QB situation in Dobbs Freshman and Soph season, and he's making the same mistake now.
Look at the numerous dumb clock management situations he's had over the years. The horrific game plans and play calling we've had to endure... a lot of it was over looked by winning but its getting to a point now where not even coming out with a W is excusing him from his flaws.
He's a dead man walking now and he knows it. His lack of ability is now the limiting factor in our success.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch for years thought he was the smartest guy in the room when talking to fans and media, when in fact he's an idiot.
Go back to how he miss managed the QB situation in Dobbs Freshman and Soph season, and he's making the same mistake now.
Look at the numerous dumb clock management situations he's had over the years. The horrific game plans and play calling we've had to endure... a lot of it was over looked by winning but its getting to a point now where not even coming out with a W is excusing him from his flaws.
He's a dead man walking now and he knows it. His lack of ability is now the limiting factor in our success.

I'm in no way sticking up for Butch but rather saying the media in general always has an agenda and wants to spin things. If it were me, I would play hardball with them and ice them out. This is a Butch bashing thread. There's plenty of those. I was wanting to point out that the media can be quite unfair a lot of times and if they want to be unfair I would do the same to them.

"Miss managed"

Time to add this one to Volnation lore.

I'm in no way sticking up for Butch but rather saying the media in general always has an agenda and wants to spin things. If it were me, I would play hardball with them and ice them out. This is a Butch bashing thread. There's plenty of those. I was wanting to point out that the media can be quite unfair a lot of times and if they want to be unfair I would do the same to them.

They are also a way for him to put out his side of the story out and sell his program. How many positive stories did he get when we switch to Nike? Going into the 2016 season we were the IT team and all of his dumb cliches just got sort of laughed off.

They are also a way for him to put out his side of the story out and sell his program. How many positive stories did he get when we switch to Nike? Going into the 2016 season we were the IT team and all of his dumb cliches just got sort of laughed off.

How many negative stories have been put out there only for them to be rumors or speculation? For every negative story there has to be 2 positives that outway it. The media needs to be more careful when publishing stuff. I mean have you seen some of the articles that ESPN journalists post? You can go straight to the comments section and people will point out 5 mistakes that could've been spotted by anyone with a brain. It's like journalists don't have pride in their work anymore and are just looking for the story. I used to love reading sports articles and now it's so unbearable sometimes because they refuse to edit or proofread. Journalists/Reporters have become very lazy and they don't seem to care about it.

I've been saying Butch Jones should have been fired in 2015.

After the games against Oklahoma and Florida everyone should have known it was only a matter of time.

The sad thing is, we have so much talent that is being wasted. Jim Harbaugh would have had this team in the college football playoff the last 2 years. And he probably would have won both titles.

How many negative stories have been put out there only for them to be rumors or speculation?

Like what? Only one I can remember from this off season was there were rumors a player failed a drug test and then week 1 we have a player suspended.

I agree media as a whole has become less trustworthy and tries to take the moral high ground all the time, but Butch is also the prick that flat out told us fans and the media that after two weeks of his d-line lining up a yard off the ball, that everyone was blowing it out of proportion and they didn't know what they were talking about.

After the games against Oklahoma and Florida everyone should have known it was only a matter of time.

The sad thing is, we have so much talent that is being wasted. Jim Harbaugh would have had this team in the college football playoff the last 2 years. And he probably would have won both titles.

Harbaugh hasn't even sniffed a division title with similar talent. Saban would easily steal his lunch money and make him cry. Your over-the-top hyperbole makes it hard to ever take you seriously.

I watched Miami play Toledo this weekend. Just bc I was curious of how Richt is doing down there. And I got jealous.

I am so jealous because that RB Walton they have runs a lot like John Kelly. Just a head buster, doesn't stop fighting until he hits dirt....and they hand that guy the ball as much as he wants it.

Their offense looks like a machine. Just executing and leaning on Walton as the motor.

Yeah, it's only Toledo. But hell, they are probably 40X better than UMass.....

Sucks. Bc we have so much potential just sitting there. Kelly. Johnson. Callaway. Smith. Chandler. Byrd. Wolf. Bumpus. Palmer.

I get mad thinking about it.

Richt took over Al Goldens team and went 9-4 year 1. Miami wasn't exactly some pristine program either. Just ended Bowl sanctions. An idiot of a head coach had been underachieving for years. Not nearly the money we have. Don't even have their own stadium. Richt walks in and boom! 9-4. They could very very very realistically win their division this year. Not even a pipe dream or a stretch. After FSU, they don't play another difficult team until VT on November 4th.

I watched Miami play Toledo this weekend. Just bc I was curious of how Richt is doing down there. And I got jealous.

I am so jealous because that RB Walton they have runs a lot like John Kelly. Just a head buster, doesn't stop fighting until he hits dirt....and they hand that guy the ball as much as he wants it.

Their offense looks like a machine. Just executing and leaning on Walton as the motor.

Yeah, it's only Toledo. But hell, they are probably 40X better than UMass.....

Sucks. Bc we have so much potential just sitting there. Kelly. Johnson. Callaway. Smith. Chandler. Byrd. Wolf. Bumpus. Palmer.

I get mad thinking about it.

Richt took over Al Goldens team and went 9-4 year 1. Miami wasn't exactly some pristine program either. Just ended Bowl sanctions. An idiot of a head coach had been underachieving for years. Not nearly the money we have. Don't even have their own stadium. Richt walks in and boom! 9-4. They could very very very realistically win their division this year. Not even a pipe dream or a stretch. After FSU, they don't play another difficult team until VT on November 4th.
I wouldn't mind seeing Richt win it all just to watch Georgia fan's heads explode. Comedy gold.

I wouldn't mind seeing Richt win it all just to watch Georgia fan's heads explode. Comedy gold.

My thinking exactly. Lol.

He came into the SEC at the wrong time. He had to deal with Fulmer in his first few years. Then About the time Fulmer was done, Meyer had built a monster. Then Spurrier had the chickens doing pretty good. And even if he got passed all that, Saban had settled into Alabama and Miles had been at LSU for awhile.

He had the red headed stepchild job of the SEC for his whole time at UGA.

Harbaugh hasn't even sniffed a division title with similar talent. Saban would easily steal his lunch money and make him cry. Your over-the-top hyperbole makes it hard to ever take you seriously.

Harbaugh is a better coach than Saban. He actually had success in the NFL and college. Plus he took Brady Hoke's recruits and had them one bad call on a 4th down against Ohio State from making the playoffs last year. He also found a way to win at Stanford which is more impressive than anything Saban did at Michigan State.

I don't think its even a question. Jim Harbaugh is EASILY the best coach in college football. Give him all those #1 recruiting classes Saban has and he would wipe the floor with Nick Saban.

Why would you fire him? We are going 14-1 according to you

VN Store

Back