Good News! [Preseason SEC Basketball Rankings]

DocVol

Pre-season SEC basketball rankings are out. Tennessee is projected 13th of 14 teams.

Sadly, that will be the same position the football team ends up.

When’s the last time the football and basketball teams have been this bad? Baseball and women’s basketball aren’t far behind...

Hooray UTAD!

Reactions: 5 people
Pre-season SEC basketball rankings are out. Tennessee is projected 13th of 14 teams.

When’s the last time the football and basketball teams have been this bad? Baseball and women’s basketball aren’t far behind...

Hooray UTAD!

I would be really shocked if the basketball team finishes that bad this year. Should be a pretty good team.

Reactions: 18 people
You are a total troll and a tool for using click bait as a heading. Most here will click expecting some good news .. SHAME ON YOU !!

Reactions: 7 people
Ditto, if we don't make the tourney this year I will be extremely surprised (and obviously disappointed).

I will be disappointed, but as I am every year if we don't make it...I don't expect us to be a tourney team this year however, I think we will be close. My expectation is to be at least a bubble team and to make the NIT.

Really looking forward to Fulkerson's return. I sort of believe Darrington will be the most impactful new player but the others certainly could be. Walker giving Williams a breather will be big in the long run I believe. Hope there's enough minutes for everyone. Don't want to have any defections off this team. I truly wish Alexander could step up and show some improvement this year.
Weekly LMU update/aggravating post[?lol]
Practice has been chippy lately. Very intense. They have a new kid they will redshirt this year to add weight and bulk that can flat out shoot the ball. Khalil Johnson the #15 player from Al. Has the smoothest shooting stroke I've ever seen in someone 6'8". Future AA. Looks like two others will r.s. as well. TK Smith and Harvin probably. Cam Henry frosh from Loyd C. Byrd Hi will play.
I ran into Pete Debusk. He told me his goal was for LMU to become little Duke U. With all the doctorates in the medical field and a great bb program he's tryin at least. Construction on the campus is exploding. No longer a little school out in a field as one ASUN conf. forum poster put it.
I'm going on the charter bus up to Butler for the exhibition game.

Reactions: 1 person

Hooray UTAD!

I can tell you pay literally no attention to basketball

Reactions: 12 people

Hooray UTAD!

Isn't it the AD's job to see that Tennessee Athletics are profitable and better? If Tennessee Athletics are not competitive, and profitable, couldn't he lose his job over that? Currie, you are on the hot seat next. This is your opportunity, but it could also be your waterloo as well.

Theres no way we finish 13th. Barnes said it himself, for the first time he’s been here, we have enough depth to where an injury wouldn’t derail our season.

Reactions: 3 people
Saw Yves Pons last weekend and he looks the part. What type of impact do you guys expect from him?

Hooray UTAD!

I'd bet one of my kids that we outperform that prediction. I can't believe the media is sleeping that much on this team. That seems like a very lazy prediction. Seems like the third year in a row that we've been predicted to finish 12th or 13th, we outperformed that prediction last year, and we've only gotten more talented and more experienced.

Saw Yves Pons last weekend and he looks the part. What type of impact do you guys expect from him?

Think he can have a defensive and rebounding role here, not big minutes but an energy guy that will bring some toughness...5-8mpg in my opinion.

Not that anyone cares, but imo...

Florida
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Alabama
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Tennessee
Auburn
Mississippi State
Georgia
Ole Miss
South Carolina
LSU

Not that anyone cares, but imo...

Florida
Texas A&M
Kentucky
Alabama
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Tennessee
Auburn
Mississippi State
Georgia
Ole Miss
South Carolina
LSU

1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Arkansas
4. Alabama
5. Vanderbilt
6. Tennessee
7. Texas A&M
8. Missouri
9. Georgia
10. Auburn
11. Mississippi State
12. South Carolina
13. Ole Miss
14. LSU

That's my prediction, but I'm being pretty optimistic about Tennessee, we could realistically be between #9 and #6 imo

"Barnes said it himself, for the first time he’s been here, we have enough depth to where an injury wouldn’t derail our season."

Does he have a player who can get points at the end of a tight game? A sure thing, so to speak?

You can be deep with lots of average to above average players but you have to have at least one, maybe two players who can get it done when the game is winnable at the end.

Barnes must demonstrate this year that he adds great value to the program. He must be better than a $600K coach!

1.florida
2. Kentucky
3.alabama
4.a&m
5.arky
6.vandy
7. Tennessee
8 Auburn
9. Georgia
10.missouri
11 South Carolina
12 miss state (what job howland has done,eh? Lol)
13 LSU
14 ole miss

VN Store

Back