If CBJ is gone, why not Mike Macintyre??

TnScooby

Has played and coached in the SEC and has improved some miserable programs during his short HC career....

Reactions: 3 people
On the other hand:
this month, as college football teams make their return to the field, Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre can count himself fortunate to be among them. If MacIntyre had been, say, an English professor at CU instead of the man credited with lifting the Buffs from 10 straight losing seasons to last year’s 10-win campaign, it’s safe to say he’d be suspended, if not out of a job entirely. His transgression? In December 2016, the consensus national coach of the year failed to report to the proper authorities the allegation that one of his assistant coaches had been beating up his girlfriend. It was a violation not only of MacIntyre’s employment contract, but of several campus policies linked to federal Title IX laws.

Reactions: 1 person
I like MacIntyre quite a bit. He's a Tennessee guy (went to HS in Nashville) and has taken 2 programs that historically are pretty bad and made them semi-relevant.

That being said, he is outside of my top 3 right now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person
If UT decides it wants to throw millions at just anyone. I'm available!!! No buy out, no small print. Just one season at 2 million with renewals by AD every year. Heck I'll even keep part of the staff. That would be the RB coach and maybe a few others.

I like MacIntyre quite a bit. He's a Tennessee guy (went to HS in Nashville) and has taken 2 programs that historically are pretty bad and made them semi-relevant.

That being said, he is outside of my top 3 right now.

I'm glad Currie has sent you the bat phone so you can be prepared for his call and give your astute opinion that will allow him to make the right hire.

Last edited:
Had to Google...now remember who he is...which tells me no since he was not worth remembering...hence having to be Googled...just like Butch Jones... :dunno:

Reactions: 2 people
George's son....we would be piping into that hawt Vandy pipeline.

Not really. When vandie fired his father, Mike transferred to Ga Tech & had a fine career as a DB. He would be as good or better than half the clown prospects I have read on VN. Still, surely UT can do better. :ermm:

How about Joe Macintyre? He could teach the team all about the right stuff and hangin’ tough.

All these people who don't know who Mike Macintyre must not keep up with absolutely anything outside of UT. All he did was win AP coach of the year last season.

VN Store

Back