Chip. Kelly. Now.

SpiritOfNeyland

Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

Reactions: 29 people
Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

If he leaves after 3-4 years it's not proven to be sustainable.

Helfrich flopped after Kelly went to the NFL.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree, we’ve got to do it now. We can’t wait till December. We need to jump now. One look at Mariotta at Tennessee, is all I can say.

Reactions: 11 people
If he leaves after 3-4 years it's not proven to be sustainable.

Helfrich flopped after Kelly went to the NFL.

What..
He's never left a job voluntarily after 3-4yrs.

So because Helfrich flopped it is Kelly's fault? Explain that one

Reactions: 11 people
Why is everyone so in love with this guy?

The dude has only coached at 1 college team and he was promoted. Why didn't he stay at Oregon and gone for a bigger school?

He was a HC for 4 years.

He was a HC for 2 different NFL teams. 1 for 3 years and 1 for 1 year for a total of 4 years.

His heart seems to be more in NFL .

My guess is he has success at TN he's gonna bolt to NFL.

It will be a stepping stone. Do we want that as a coach?

Reactions: 3 people

Correction, Mike Belotti built Oregon. Chip Kelly maintained and slightly elevated it. Credit where it's due though. Yes,with our personnel he could win big immediately.

Reactions: 6 people
Kelly would be a big time hire, but like others have said, he seems bound for a west coast offense. Personally think if Helfrich and Kelly reunited, it would be a grand slam hire. Kelly by himself, I'm not sure he's the right fit. Think he'd always have one foot out the door. Either way, you don't turn down Kelly if he agrees to come to Kville.

Reactions: 2 people
Kelly would be a big time hire, but like others have said, he seems bound for a west coast offense. Personally think if Helfrich and Kelly reunited, it would be a grand slam hire. Kelly by himself, I'm not sure he's the right fit. Think he'd always have one foot out the door. Either way, you don't turn down Kelly if he agrees to come to Kville.

I don't think Tennessee should turn down if he takes an offer, but I think TN needs a guy who will want to retire here and eventually turn the keys to someone who will continue the program.

Kelly already did that with Oregon but he only stuck around 4 years. Butch has stayed at a program longer than that.

1a les Miles
1b Chip Kelly

I just prefer Les Miles because when his time is over at Tennessee in 8-12 years Tennessee doesn't have to look for an exact coach type that you would have to find for the guys Chip Kelly likes.

Les Miles gets tons of great SEC level players, and he develops them.

Either one of them seems like the only, know they can win on a big stage guys out there.

Reactions: 3 people
I don’t get the Les Miles obsession. He’s 63 years old and underachieved in 2014, 2015, and was 2-2 when fired in 2016. If we want to be mediocre, TN might as well keep Butch.

Reactions: 12 people
I don’t get the Les Miles obsession. He’s 63 years old and underachieved in 2014, 2015, and was 2-2 when fired in 2016. If we want to be mediocre, TN might as well keep Butch.

It's you know exactly what your getting. No questions on if the guy can win in the SEC

This is the 4th hire post Fulmer Tennessee hasn't been a national power in close to 20 years. Don't get this hire right and Tennessee will fade to the back of the SEC for another 20 years.

I don't think a lot of you understand where Tennessee actually is. A lot of you just look at it from a fans eyes instead of where the program actually is.

Your not going to attract a top tier coach at this moment at Tennessee. As in anyone's dream top 5 list.

Reactions: 2 people
It's you know exactly what your getting. No questions on if the guy can win in the SEC

This is the 4th hire post Fulmer Tennessee hasn't been a national power in close to 20 years. Don't get this hire right and Tennessee will fade to the back of the SEC for another 20 years.

You’re right in that you’d know what you’re getting but why would you want it? Les Miles would not make TN a national power. He would be no better than Butch. Look at Miles’ last three teams, and they were underachievers. Also, why would you want someone who is nearly 64 years old. That is no way to solidify the future of the program.

You’re right in that you’d know what you’re getting but why would you want it? Les Miles would not make TN a national power. He would be no better than Butch. Look at Miles’ last three teams, and they were underachievers. Also, why would you want someone who is nearly 64 years old. That is no way to solidify the future of the program.

He is younger than Saben. So if Saben wanted to come to Tennessee you would turn him down???

They changed AD's in Miles tenure. And like Richt I think he just stayed too long at LSU.

The pressure to win in that west division his last 4 years was ungodly. New ad they at one point in the west had 4 TEAMS in the top 10!

VN Store

Back