Kiffin Game Day Interview

SeniorDrill

Anybody watch the interview? Anybody doubt that he would bring excitement back to Tennessee football like no one else especially when we play Alabama?? Anybody think from what he said that Tennessee would be his new dream job? I don't know anyone else with a higher upside. The others are risky at best, especially Gruden.

ESPN College GameDay aired an interview Kiffin had with Tom Rinaldi, One of them surrounded the rumors about filling Tennessee’s coaching vacancy.
“Time heals everything, I guess,” Kiffin said. “That wasn’t the reaction I remember when couches were burning, sneaking out with the cops to the airport.”
Kiffin was also asked about the series of tweets he’s posted rather consistently about rat poison, which stems from a comment Alabama coach Nick Saban had earlier this season about the media’s coverage of the Crimson Tide.
“I’m taking what the best motivator in all of college football does to motivate his team, and I’m using the same stuff in a different style.”
“Not well, and wrong. The last 26 times we were on the field together? 26-0. Did it get some taking used to by me? Was it rough at first? Yes, which is my fault. He’s the head coach, you know. Prior to that, the last time I was an assistant coach was six straight years, and that was with Pete Carroll.
“Nick Saban changed me. Three years with him, the best in the world at what he does, and I got to sit there and learn? There’s not a day that goes by that there’s not something I don’t draw in my head, ‘what would coach Saban do?'”
Towards the end of the interview, Kiffin talked about how he used to think about landing the biggest job and making the most money, but he’s learned to enjoy the journey now with the Owls and try to achieve what can’t be done.
Edit/Delete Message

Reactions: 5 people
Lane Kiffin is an idiot. Good coach, dumb person. Not capable of being a big time hc

at least you are open minded!

he is and will remain a big time head coach!

you might not like it but that's the truth.

He will be a winning SEC head coach for a long time.

Better hope we do not have to face him every year

I would prefer him be leading us instead of beating us!

Reactions: 26 people
Anybody watch the interview? Anybody doubt that he would bring excitement back to Tennessee football like no one else especially when we play Alabama?? Anybody think from what he said that Tennessee would be his new dream job? I don't know anyone else with a higher upside. The others are risky at best, especially Gruden.

ESPN College GameDay aired an interview Kiffin had with Tom Rinaldi, One of them surrounded the rumors about filling Tennessee’s coaching vacancy.
“Time heals everything, I guess,” Kiffin said. “That wasn’t the reaction I remember when couches were burning, sneaking out with the cops to the airport.”
Kiffin was also asked about the series of tweets he’s posted rather consistently about rat poison, which stems from a comment Alabama coach Nick Saban had earlier this season about the media’s coverage of the Crimson Tide.
“I’m taking what the best motivator in all of college football does to motivate his team, and I’m using the same stuff in a different style.”
“Not well, and wrong. The last 26 times we were on the field together? 26-0. Did it get some taking used to by me? Was it rough at first? Yes, which is my fault. He’s the head coach, you know. Prior to that, the last time I was an assistant coach was six straight years, and that was with Pete Carroll.
“Nick Saban changed me. Three years with him, the best in the world at what he does, and I got to sit there and learn? There’s not a day that goes by that there’s not something I don’t draw in my head, ‘what would coach Saban do?'”
Towards the end of the interview, Kiffin talked about how he used to think about landing the biggest job and making the most money, but he’s learned to enjoy the journey now with the Owls and try to achieve what can’t be done.
Edit/Delete Message

Many forget his dirty divorce with Tennessee. :question:

Reactions: 1 person
Not advocating for a hire, but Kiffin would almost certainly be a better coach after working three years under Saban.

Reactions: 20 people
Be like taking back your ex wife. He's a good coach, that's about it though.

So you're comparing a personal relationship with someone you had planned on spending the rest of your life with to a football coach in a multi-million dollar business?

You're being emotional.

Reactions: 5 people

Edit/Delete Message

In what world is Kiffin not a risk? He has already taken a crap on our program why let him have a chance to do it again.

Reactions: 1 person
He's an adolescent in a 42 year old's body.

Heck of a play caller, though.
Perhaps even the best in all of college football.

Even so, I personally wouldn't have him back here at Tennessee. Your mileage may vary.

VN Store

Back