I Have Not Seen An SEC Quarterback On This Team Yet

VolnTEARS?

If anybody thinks Guarantano is an SEC caliber quarterback I'd like to know why. He is not quick nor elusive. He almost seems lethargic. His passing has been abysmal. I have seen no hint of any "it" factor. His play has been thoroughly disappointing.

Obviously Quinten Dormady is not elusive nor did he show any consistency in passing the ball. But now that we've had time to evaluate Guarantano it seems Dormady did a better job. Which isn't saying much.

McBride showed heart but nothing that was SEC caliber as of yet. Maybe as he grows in the system.

Statistically, if this team isn't in the top three worst offensive teams in the last 30 years I'd be shocked.

We have got to get a better quarterback.

Reactions: 16 people
We need coaching. Lets see, horrid OL, terrible WR play, horrid play calling, sorry TE play. Oh and lest we forget, absolutely ZERO QB coaching.

Proper coaching will fix all of this.

Reactions: 7 people
All these qbs can win.

They have to get the right coach in.

Not the dog and pony show that Butch put on for them.

Reactions: 2 people
Guarantano was fine tonight, petty good in the first half. Wind, rain, and no offensive line isn't a recipe for success.

Reactions: 6 people
You seriously have no sensible arguement about all 3 of these qbs with the oline and wr groups we have on this team. End thread

We don't have an oline at the moment. We have 5 lineman, but an oline requires those guys to work in unison to be effective. That has never happened under Butch/Mahoney/Wells.

No QB other than Josh Dobbs can succeed behind just five guys in uniform.

Reactions: 3 people
All these qbs can win.

I'm very glad to hear you out but what have you remotely seen to justify such a statement?

Which one do you think we use to go forward with?

Have you seen JG or QD pass the ball effectively? What does that really have to do with coaching. A kid can either hit a receiver consistently or he can't.

You seriously have no sensible arguement about all 3 of these qbs with the oline and wr groups we have on this team. End thread

Ok Mr. Big Time. What do bad receivers have to do with being unable to hit those bad receivers. Are you arguing that they've been putting the ball on the money and the receivers are dropping the ball?

How many times have we seen QD and JG miss their targets? Even on the plays when not pressured any more than any other SEC QB receives?

The fact is - JG is not elusive enough to escape a rush nor does he seem to have enough football savvy to buy any time and get the ball into the receivers hands.

I've not seen any flashes where he looks like a legitimate SEC caliber quarterback to me. Would you like to cite some specific plays where he showed such flash?

Reactions: 11 people
I would be very happy to see them give McBride the start against Vanderbilt. He deserves it as much as QD and JG since they burned his redshirt. I'd be more than glad for them to give the kid another shot. JG looks horrible, has no energy, and does nothing on the field to inspire his team. On the contrary - he's constantly putting on the pouty spoiled face.

of MAC talent for mid level MAC teams.. not big studs that line up on sec teams.

He(Butch) was actually OK at evaluating talent with Dobbs, Kamara, and Barnett being the obvious examples.

However, when it comes to actually coaching the talent, he absolutely sucked.

Reactions: 5 people
JG is frail, not quick, indecisive and certainly not anything like a dual-threat QB he was thought to be. I know the O Line is weak, but ...... Maybe the 4* coming in will fit the new Offense better? At least they played hard tonight. Muffed punts were the killer. And that opening second half fiasco.

Reactions: 5 people
Its funny to me that some teams such as Georgia who I hate can start a freshman last year and he gets hurt and starts another freshman QB and we cannot find even one that is good enough to start. I don't think either of our qbs will start next year and with a good coach the recruit that wants to start has a great chance. JMHO as always

Reactions: 4 people
He(Butch) was actually OK at evaluating talent with Dobbs, Kamara, and Barnett being the obvious examples.

However, when it comes to actually coaching the talent, he absolutely sucked.

Correct. Look at the QBs that have transferred. He could spot talent, just could coach it up. Odds are WM and JG are both solid players down the road.

Ok Mr. Big Time. What do bad receivers have to do with being unable to hit those bad receivers. Are you arguing that they've been putting the ball on the money and the receivers are dropping the ball?

How many times have we seen QD and JG miss their targets? Even on the plays when not pressured any more than any other SEC QB receives?

The fact is - JG is not elusive enough to escape a rush nor does he seem to have enough football savvy to buy any time and get the ball into the receivers hands.

I've not seen any flashes where he looks like a legitimate SEC caliber quarterback to me. Would you like to cite some specific plays where he showed such flash?

Danny Etling isn’t a SEC caliber qb either but he got the w tonight. Everyone on the TEAM has a job to do and when others are unable to do their jobs it makes it harder for others to make plays. 2 seconds to get off a pass, run a route makes it almost impossible to get into any rhythm. Give them an opportunity to not be at a disadvantage before you throw them out with the bath water

I'm very glad to hear you out but what have you remotely seen to justify such a statement?

Which one do you think we use to go forward with?

Have you seen JG or QD pass the ball effectively? What does that really have to do with coaching. A kid can either hit a receiver consistently or he can't.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would look horrible behind this offensive line. JG has a bum ankle and has to run for his life every snap much left have time to set and throw. QD had the first string line and still didn't impress me.

Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would look horrible behind this offensive line. JG has a bum ankle and has to run for his life every snap much left have time to set and throw. QD had the first string line and still didn't impress me.

He also had a shoulder that needed surgery since before the season started.

VN Store

Back