Storm stories thread

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I was at the game. For a while, the game was second fiddle to the storm. I was prepared, but there were many that weren’t. The wind driven rain actually stung as it hit your face, and I couldn’t help wondering if the TV coverage captured it.

Hate it for those that lost tailgating equipment. Looked like a lot of people weren’t prepared for something like that. My son lost his favorite hat- probably in the river.

So tell us what you thought, even if you watched it on TV.
I was at the heavy rain game vs Florida in the early nineties. More rain then, but the wind in this storm was nothing like I’ve ever seen in Neyland.

Share your stories!

Reactions: 3 people
I just don't know how someone couldn't be prospered for the weather. They've been saying for at least a couple days of now of what to expect around game time.

Reactions: 1 person
I couldn't see the ball when it was kicked off, to start the 2nd half....Guess none of the team saw it either.

Reactions: 5 people
When that storm hit Is here in middle TN it was no joke, got cold as hell afterword. Lost a few heavy tree limbs.

My son got a tweet that a piece of the scoreboard fell off and sent an LSU fan to the hospital. I’ll see if I can find that tweet.

Even tho I started a thread on this, too great not to repost.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511063033755.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511063033755.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: 27 people
The rain was so hard that it blew in from behind us and was dripping from the roof of the overhang.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: 2 people
Sitting 37 rows up on the west side and we could not see the upper deck or luxury boxes on the east side. At one time the rain was blowing upward in in the light.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/4thAndTruth/status/932029432306524162[/twitter]

Attachments

• 20171118_210040.jpg
    20171118_210040.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171118_205717.jpg
    20171118_205717.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
We were in the "dry", yet we still got wet. It was every bit as strong as the Oregon game but without the lightning. It blew through quickly. The biggest downpour was absolutely the first possession of the second half. They got that touchdown and stadium started to clear out.
449deb3cc5bb10f5c6252f1e9f4e0a9c.jpg

Just before the second half I was saying there's no doubt that Majors would have elected to kick off. I was wondering exactly when the choice had to be made because it got more and more intense all the way up to and through the 2nd half kick off. It made the Mose Phillips/Florida down pour look like a spring shower. The wind was crazy.

What was also kind of weird... on the west side about 25 rows up, it wasn't too bad during the monsoon. I think it came in from the west and the stadium kind of blocked it. It was certainly far worse on the field.

I sat in the terrace and people were trying to get their rain gear on and some went flying in the air!!! Unreal rain!!! Thankfully it held off until halftime moved out fairly quick too! The concourse was our saving grace tonight!!

I think Jones went to see a LSU voodoo doll and sent a monsoon down on the field tonight!!! Lol he will be practicing hex on vols now!

We were in the Terrace and sat out in the elements for the whole pitiful game, no concourse for us. Plus it was so, so sad to have seen all the Tennessee fans that sold their tickets to the opponents!

I was at a restaurant in Tuscaloosa when the storm line hit. They had just set our dinner down and the lights went out for a short spell. Storm may have lasted 5 minutes, probably less.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back