What about those bricks?

LibertyVolance

Considering at least a quarter of them left, you would have thought that the remaining 70-75% in a 5 year rebuild could yield more than a 0-7 sec record.

Was it nothing but a cliché? It looks like it. Although it is time to move on from the Butch debacle, I don't see how the shelves have been well stocked thanks to Butch. If so, then how can we be this thin at so many positions? And our players look like a veterans hospital in the midst of a world war with walking wounded on crutches and lying on gurneys from sidelines to locker rooms. This isn't natural. The suggestion that the next coach will inherit a solid team is nuts. This could be one of the worst teams ever in UT lore.

There is a chance of winning the finale next week. But it won't be easy. We're just about even with Vandy's program at this point. Our brick wall is full of crumbling chards and broken bricks.

Not only do we need a big hire, we need a complete rebuilding project.

Anyone watching Boise St, AFA tonight? Cedric Wilson Jr is really having a game and it showed his parents in attendance. VFL.

Reactions: 6 people
The next coach has a herculeain task ahead of him. He has to fix nearly every facet of the Tennessee football. From the strength and conditioning all the way down to the fundamentals. I am guessing a virtual entire staff overhaul and 2-3 year rebuild. So sometime in 2020 is when things should start clicking.

Reactions: 3 people
Considering at least a quarter of them left, you would have thought that the remaining 70-75% in a 5 year rebuild could yield more than a 0-7 sec record.

Was it nothing but a cliché? It looks like it. Although it is time to move on from the Butch debacle, I don't see how the shelves have been well stocked thanks to Butch. If so, then how can we be this thin at so many positions? And our players look like a veterans hospital in the midst of a world war with walking wounded on crutches and lying on gurneys from sidelines to locker rooms. This isn't natural. The suggestion that the next coach will inherit a solid team is nuts. This could be one of the worst teams ever in UT lore.

There is a chance of winning the finale next week. But it won't be easy. We're just about even with Vandy's program at this point. Our brick wall is full of crumbling chards and broken bricks.

Anyone watching Boise St, AFA tonight? Cedric Wilson Jr is really having a game and it showed his parents in attendance. VFL.
Lost me with the Veteran Hospital in a World War remark,probably never served because you would've understood our sacrifice.This is only a game, yes players get injury, some very serious (Inky),go visit a VA Hospital an thank those who allow us the opportunity to have a game day.

Reactions: 10 people
Lost me with the Veteran Hospital in a World War remark,probably never served because you would've understood our sacrifice.This is only a game, yes players get injury, some very serious (Inky),go visit a VA Hospital an thank those who allow us the opportunity to have a game day.

Oh God bless you, slick. I'm an Air Force retiree. Get the starch out of you shorts. I get so tired of twits like you getting bent sideways over a facetious remark. I assure you that I meant no disrespect to our war veterans, as if anything I said even made someone think that. STFU and change your diaper.

Reactions: 13 people
I quit updating it after the Georgia loss. It was evident after last years defeat to Vandy that 2017 would be CBJ's last year coaching the Vols.

s4RWSH7.jpg

The O-line depth and lack of coaching is the major problem. It goes back to Butch pissing off kids and quitting, endless season/career injuries, not being coached up at all, all of them have been soft with no fire except for a true freshman in Trey and since JuJuan and those guys were here, and Dooley not taking one single offensive lineman one recruiting class.

Skill positions have talent...QBs show flashes but hard to focus when you fear getting drilled every 2 seconds after a snap, RBs have to do it all on their own. It all starts up with that Oline imho :dunno:

Reactions: 5 people
bUTch has taken the program to new lows.

I hope everyone now realizes that it takes more than an orange tie, wanting to be here, and saying "dream job" to win in the SEC.

Jesus Christ... Get over yourself.

Reactions: 6 people
The next coach has a herculeain task ahead of him. He has to fix nearly every facet of the Tennessee football. From the strength and conditioning all the way down to the fundamentals. I am guessing a virtual entire staff overhaul and 2-3 year rebuild. So sometime in 2020 is when things should start clicking.

Shhhh. Stop it.

We are elite in every facet. All we need is an elite coach and it's a ride to the Playoff.

.... we have a coach to hire man.

Oh God bless you, slick. I'm an Air Force retiree. Get the starch out of you shorts. I get so tired of twits like you getting bent sideways over a facetious remark. I assure you that I meant no disrespect to our war veterans, as if anything I said even made someone think that. STFU and change your diaper.

:rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I think that the commercial where charlie backs into a power pole should be changed into him backing into the mail box made of bricks. I would switch all my insurance to them if they did that!

Great points but not a total rebuild. I'm hearing they're trying to kp CRG and maybe 2 other asst coaches around. BOT the talent to win is there, but The problem is breaking them down to build them up. I have never seen a spans of years in which a team was more poorly prepares than the Lyle Jones era. At a major P5 school there was no lifting in season, no 7on7 in off-season, no speed training in off-season, no real QB coach(only school in D1 FBS w/o) really crazy stuff. I say they could win and be bowel eligible in year 1, and compete in year 2 with the right HC

Does Gruden really want any part of this train wreck?:popcorn:

The problem was never the bricks. It was the mortar all along.

No, No, Butch Jones tried to make bricks without straw and his foundation crumbled:ermm::ermm:

Imho, there are only a handful of players on this roster that are big-time SEC players, who have the physical ability and emotional mindset needed to win championships at Tennessee. Of the players we’ve seen play, maybe 7 or 8, that’s it. The next coach has a huge job to change the culture, change the level or toughness/physicality, and ultimately the roster.

Despite some prevailing thoughts among the fanbase, imho, this is not a ready-made situation that the next coach can walk into and win at a high level right away. It’ll be a significant re-building job.

Reactions: 5 people
Imho, there are only a handful of players on this roster that are big-time SEC players, who have the physical ability and emotional mindset needed to win championships at Tennessee. Of the players we’ve seen play, maybe 7 or 8, that’s it. The next coach has a huge job to change the culture, change the level or toughness/physicality, and ultimately the roster.

Despite some prevailing thoughts among the fanbase, imho, this is not a ready-made situation that the next coach can walk into and win at a high level right away. It’ll be a significant re-building job.

Yep. This has slowly become more evident as the season has gone along.

VN Store

Back