Clay Helton - new name I just heard

fade route

Just being honest
Clay Helton

Neuheisel was commenting on XM radio that he could be enticed away from SoCal. Isnt paid much at USC and has ties to Memphis and the SEC.

Is 20-5 as the full time guy at USC which is pretty impressive.

Isn’t paid much at USC and there’s no state income tax in TN iirc, it’s 13% in CA.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 2 people
@Fade

You gotta go back to the old school Meachem helmet photo! That was your signature photo, it went well with your screen name too.

Now Fade..... We know the facts. What about difference in the NCAA scholarship restrictions Kiffin dealt with from Carroll's tenure. Helton has full 85.

Kiffin had enough talent there to win and if it hampered him so much why was he embarrassed on the tarmac by his boss and not even allowed a trip home after 5 games. Seems they didn’t think much of the scholly excuse.

Reactions: 1 person
Clay Helton

Neuheisel was commenting on XM radio that he could be enticed away from SoCal. Isnt paid much at USC and has ties to Memphis and the SEC.

Is 20-5 as the full time guy at USC which is pretty impressive.

Isn’t paid much at USC and there’s no state income tax in TN iirc, it’s 13% in CA.

Thoughts?

Only SEC "ties" He has is 2 years playing at Auburn before transferring to Houston. Never coached in SEC at any level. He was born in Gainesville, FL FWIW.

By the way, I love how the “no thanks” crowd never offers any reasons for their decline, nor does the Kiffin fan club offer any evidence of his success as a HC outside of 8 games in CUSA

Reactions: 4 people
If we're going to hire a coach from USC, it should be Tee Martin, not Clay Helton. And if we're being honest, Tee Martin is the biggest reason for Helton's success this season. With the sole exception of the Notre Dame game, the USC offense has been pretty awesome this season. Tee is also one of the best recruiters in the nation. If the top tier candidates don't work out, I'd be perfectly happy to see Currie go after Tee.

But I do agree that Helton has been better than Kiffin (and Sarkasian.)

Reactions: 2 people
If we're going to hire a coach from USC, it should be Tee Martin, not Clay Helton. And if we're being honest, Tee Martin is the biggest reason for Helton's success this season. With the sole exception of the Notre Dame game, the USC offense has been pretty awesome this season. Tee is also one of the best recruiters in the nation. If the top tier candidates don't work out, I'd be perfectly happy to see Currie go after Tee.

But I do agree that Helton has been better than Kiffin (and Sarkasian.)

Tennessss would finally have Tee with that hire, I’m sure he would come with Helton

VN Store

Back