Two CBs decommitting after "big" recruiting weekend?

jonnon111

What you see is what you get.
I personally think CJP told them to kick rocks.

Anyone think it was just not a good weekend?

Reactions: 10 people
Check the build of the Bama DBs. That's what it is going to take. Ours are short and undersized. Looking forward to adding quality

Reactions: 7 people
Damn, poor kids

Edit: I get it will be better for him in the long run, rather than ride the bench as an athlete just b/c he doesnt fit the system. Still, sucks to think youre going to be a part of Volnation only to have it ripped away 9 days before early signing

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
Day-yum our de-commitment list would probably comprise a top 30 signing class.

Dutqpz0.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
I personally think CJP told them to kick rocks.

Anyone think it was just not a good weekend?

I absolutely believe he did. Both decommits were 5'10 and 5'9. Way too small for what JP likes. He wants Corners with size 6'1, 6'2 based off comments and recent offers by him. Those probably aren't the last 2 recruits he cuts lose either.

Reactions: 7 people
Brandon Cross’s Tweet confirms it wasn’t HIS decision.

Yeah, reading his tweet is why I posted actually.
Also, coach Pruitt specifically mentioned what he was looking for in a DB in his presser. I hate it for the kids naturally but I am not worried at all. CJP specializes in DBs from what I understand.

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Pruitt specifically mentioned that he wanted tall, big, physical corners. He wants corners that will stand at the line of scrimmage and knock the sh!t out of the receivers. The decommits were probably not of the caliber player [mental and/or physical] Coach Pruitt wants.

Reactions: 3 people
I absolutely believe he did. Both decommits were 5'10 and 5'9. Way too small for what JP likes. He wants Corners with size 6'1, 6'2 based off comments and recent offers by him. Those probably aren't the last 2 recruits he cuts lose either.
no.. 5'9-5'10 is NFL bro if the guy was 5'7 or something u have a point but a 6'2 corner is a a skinny free safety at the collegiate level. 5'9-6'1 is the sweet spot for a corner under 200lbs and over 170. If they dropped it was because they were told to kick rocks or didn't buy in.

It always goes down to folks that never played not getting it. There are at the very least 3 different kinds of corners that have totally different mentalities.

1 man=shutdown
2 zone
3 this one is specific to college because of how hashmarks are set, boundary.

you also have the slot guy who comes in in a nickle/dime or 5-2 defense and depending has a different level of responsibility. But to get to a high level in the NCAA or get to the NFL you are one of the first 2 mostly.

Now the guy that makes it to the nfl is usually a mix of the 3. Can do it all. In fact unless the first 2 on your team were high round picks if you are a boundary corner or slot guy NFL prospects are 0. That's the guy with a limited skill set u scheme around.

Most NFL CB's are in that 5-9 to 6-0 range. The guys outside of that are the exception. In college 5'7-6'0 is awesome. if u are gonna read read the right book.

Reactions: 6 people
Coach Doug Mathews talked about this on his show yesterday. He said you will see some de-commits which is just a nice way of departure for some kids that will be told they don't fit.

Don't be surprised if Gaulden comes back that is starting at corner or safety.

Gaulden is a perfect nickel.

He could really help his stock and lead our defense if he comes back.
But put him at safety.

First 4
Gaulden
Warrior
Byrd
Sham or Blue Chip freshman

Damn, poor kids

Edit: I get it will be better for him in the long run, rather than ride the bench as an athlete just b/c he doesnt fit the system. Still, sucks to think youre going to be a part of Volnation only to have it ripped away 9 days before early signing

Agreed.. You think you are all Vol, then you have your heart ripped out. I feel for them. It's the price of progress, i guess..

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back