Strength and Conditioning?

25801VOL

V,B
I think it's one of the most important hires seeing how soft and weak our team appears to be.

Have any of you heard any names???

I expect to see way less injuries under Pruitt.

There are exceptions of course, but a great deal of injuries occur in football when you're not playing the game at full speed. When you're hesitant and apprehensive for lack of knowing whether you're doing the right thing rather than instinctively attacking, injury numbers will rise.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Doug Mathews said Sunday that all the analysts and strength staff have been told to “keep doing what you’re doing”.....for now. Neither are priorities at the moment as the early signing period takes precedent over everything right now. Obviously, that’ll change sooner rather than later, after the early signing period and after Bama’s season is done. Mathews made it sound like CJP would eventually/ultimately put his own guys in those positions as he should.

Reactions: 1 person
Doug Mathews said Sunday that all the analysts and strength staff have been told to “keep doing what you’re doing”.....for now. Neither are priorities at the moment as the early signing period takes precedent over everything right now. Obviously, that’ll change sooner rather than later, after the early signing period and after Bama’s season is done. Mathews made it sound like CJP would eventually/ultimately put his own guys in those positions as he should.

In other words.. Rock pack your shat

It's funny how Jones got rid of Lawson but the players were the best and strongest under his S&C program. Lawson wasn't near the caliber we need here but it again shows Jones' incompetence.. He thought Szerzen could take it to the next level then the Rock.. our players looked weak and chubby this year. Sad.

Look at those Bama and LSU players. Cochran and Moffitt are the Pinnacle of the business. Hire one of their proteges and make the man famous.

I think the problem was Jones, not the S&C hired. I noticed how a good number of the key people that went NFL werenÂ’t injured for the most part last year. They must have actually adhered to working out.

Our problems are probably not Rock's fault. His resume is better than what we have had in some time. Blame the bone headed way Butch handled the previous hires within that department. Butch's style of micro managing did not help. I remember Rock saying this was a two year deal to get things where they needed to be. Being "soft" is just about as much coaching technique and scheme(apparently ours was lacking) and mental strength(desire/motor) as much as physical strength.

Injuries were rampant a full year before Rock got here. There is no evidence to support his training technique played a role in 2017's injuries.

Having said that it would not surprise me if there is a change. It is an incredibly important role, not only for the football players but the other athletes as well.

GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah lets fire a well respected S&C coach with tons of NFL experience because he hasnt turned our program completely around in less than a year. That makes perfect sense.

It makes perfect sense.. Pruitt will bring in his own guy.. not that hard to understan... maybe for you however

VN Store

Back