Rock Gullickson will not be part JP coaching staff per Austin price

I'm still trying to figure out how all these people were pretty dang good at their jobs prior to coming to UT, but failed big time when they were hired. Shoop, Rock, etc.

Reactions: 47 people
Well this is good news

I'm going to say that yes it is...no offense to Rock, he seems like a great guy and a good S&C coach.

Just doesn't seem to mold guys into the image that CJP is after. Rock seems to be more leaned toward the faster, more agile conditioning. Whereas it looks like Pruitt is wanting the bigger, stand up and nail you in the mouth type player.

Hopefully he can get his guy and that guy sticks around for more than a season or two...that has been a problem in the past.

Reactions: 11 people
[twitter]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">JUST IN: Tennessee strength coach Rock Gullickson will not be a part of the Tennessee program. <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachJPruitt?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachJPruitt</a> is going in another direction. <a href="https://t.co/QYYnUDYaRd">pic.twitter.com/QYYnUDYaRd</a></p>&mdash; Austin Price (@AustinPriceless) <a href="https://twitter.com/AustinPriceless/status/940600326822027266?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/twitter]

Reactions: 2 people
I'm still trying to figure out how all these people were pretty dang good at their jobs prior to coming to UT, but failed big time when they were hired. Shoop, Rock, etc.

It is clear that Shoop benefitted greatly from his staff under Franklin. There defense hasn't missed a beat since he left and may have actually gotten better.

Reactions: 11 people
Not a problem. Pruitt is putting his team together his way. Gillespie fits. Everyone else doesn't. Personally, I want to see purged everything possible about the 2017 nightmare. Holdovers don't thrill me. It's too bad we can't have bigger signing classes to help with the roster flip. Way ready to close the book on the Butch jones era.

Reactions: 17 people
I'm not going to say anything negative about Rock, but I'm glad Pruitt is doing his own thing. That way, the results on the field are his, and hopefully, way better than then the previous group.

Reactions: 9 people

This x 100!!!!! This just downright boggles my mind. I would give anything to know what happened to coaches and players that made them not reach their potential while being part of the CBJ era.

Reactions: 5 people
This x 100!!!!! This just downright boggles my mind. I would give anything to know what happened to coaches and players that made them not reach their potential while being part of the CBJ era.

A lot of players and coaches came and went over the last 5 years. However the one constant was this guy...

Butch-Jones-TylerLecka-GettyImages-619131614_xvvbht.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Isn't he really good friends with Butch? Not surprised that he wouldn't stick around on staff with the guy that replaced him.

JP has every right to put in that position who he wants but another S&C coach at Tennessee? Whats that something like 10 in the last 9 yrs?

Rock was in the NFL when Pruitt was learning to drive. I think he knows alittle about what it takes in that league.

Reactions: 3 people

It all starts at the top with culture and expectations in ANY organization.

JP has every right to put in that position who he wants but another S&C coach at Tennessee? Whats that something like 10 in the last 9 yrs?

Rock was in the NFL when Pruitt was learning to drive. I think he knows alittle about what it takes in that league.

For whatever reason, he couldn't prove his worth. It may have been circumstances beyond his control, but the result on the field was terrible.

I wish him well, but it was past time for a change.

Hard to do anything good under Butch Jones thumb.His way or highway. Wrong way:banghead2:

VN Store

Back