247 puts Crystal Ball behind Paywall

CanadianVol

Just went to check the Crystal Ball summary and most of the predictions are "VIP to unlock" or something to that effect. Interesting strategy. I feel like this will ultimately drive down traffic to the site for the average fan that isn't willing to pay $10 a month for news that will populate elsewhere within 24 hours.

Reactions: 7 people
Just went to check the Crystal Ball summary and most of the predictions are "VIP to unlock" or something to that effect. Interesting strategy. I feel like this will ultimately drive down traffic to the site for the average fan that isn't willing to pay $10 a month for news that will populate elsewhere within 24 hours.
I don’t think we have to worry about paying $10, because you’re right, it will circulate somewhere else.:hi:

The crystal ball thing is super tacky anyway. Ruining a kids announcement is about all it’s good for.

247 sucks. Their crystal ball feature is a joke as is their composite. They don’t offer anything special really. They just like to pretend like they do.

Reactions: 1 person
Freak should add a crystal ball feature here where we can try and predict where recruits go. Would be fun to do and add to the discussion up in here.

Reactions: 4 people

I saw that but then I noticed you can still click on the players profile and get the percentages

That may change tho who knows

I saw that but then I noticed you can still click on the players profile and get the percentages

That may change tho who knows

Yeah looks like it's on a go forward basis. So you can see the %'s, but if you look @ who picked what, it's blocked....you can figure it out, but who has that time.

I refuse to pay money to hear someone tell me where they "think" a kid is going to go play ball. It's absolutely dumbassism

Reactions: 7 people

I thought Dr. Pepper was 10, 2, & 4. What is 247?

Reactions: 3 people
Too many ways to get that information. I think I can wait a minute or two for a free site to post it, rather than pay $10 for that convenience.

Reactions: 1 person
I refuse to pay money to hear someone tell me where they "think" a kid is going to go play ball. It's absolutely dumbassism

Yet this Board as a whole goes bat **** crazy for them. As much discussion as they get I don't blame them for doing this and I am not a 247 fan.

There's no question it will drive down traffic. The question is will it drive down revenue.

Unless they have figured out a new secret sauce, they are probably get something in the neighborhood of 1-2 cents per click depending on the number of ad positions on the page. making a user worth 30-40 cents a month at most. So if they can get even one out of 25, or 4% of the users to convert and pay the $10, they are ahead on the revenue side.

There's no question it will drive down traffic. The question is will it drive down revenue.

Unless they have figured out a new secret sauce, they are probably get something in the neighborhood of 1-2 cents per click depending on the number of ad positions on the page. making a user worth 30-40 cents a month at most. So if they can get even one out of 25, or 4% of the users to convert and pay the $10, they are ahead on the revenue side.

This may have been a genius move. Give the public a free premium service for a few years to get them hooked, then make them pay for it

I'd rather give the kid 10 bucks to find out where he's going (and risk my entire family tree being placed on double-secret sports probation by the ncaa for all eternity) than spend my dough on some money-grubbing pay site. Paying them only encourages them to hide more and more info and charge ever-increasing fees to release what they know. There's nothing ingenious about their methods, either. It's a centuries-old business model. But, I'll never pay 'em. All information is eventual.

VN Store

Back