SBN evaluates the Vols

UTP69

I just read that SBN voted the 2017 Vols the biggest underachievers. I betting that changes with Pruitt and his staff. The dark days are behind us.....brighter days on the horizon guys.

Reactions: 9 people
I just read that SBN voted the 2017 Vols the biggest underachievers. I betting that changes with Pruitt and his staff. The dark days are behind us.....brighter days on the horizon guys.

won't be this coming up year, but after that, GAME ON.

I would say that the talent was there, but the record matched the level of coaching and player development in 2017... With the arrival of CJP and Company, the coaching and player development barometer is pointing upward.

GBO --> --> -->

:pepper:

Reactions: 6 people
Not so fast.

I've heard a few say the talent matched the record.

Certainly had more talent than a 4 win team....just not near enough talent to win 9 or 10 like so many have wanted to portray. Make no mistake, to get where we want to, gotta pair much, much better coaching with a turned-over, much improved roster.

Reactions: 1 person
Certainly had more talent than a 4 win team....just not near enough talent to win 9 or 10 like so many have wanted to portray. Make no mistake, to get where we want to, gotta pair much, much better coaching with a turned-over, much improved roster.

Certainly, they should have beaten Florida, SC, Vanderbilt and Kentucky with solid coaching and player development. That puts them at 8-4.

Reactions: 5 people

Our game plans were so conservative it's hard to know what they could have done.

I'm expecting CJP to do better with the talent that is returning.

The flip side to that is that we have the talent...and now we have the Coaches to exploit that talent.

Talent wise no reason we couldn’t of won 7 and possibly 8.

Only positions that wasn’t full of four and five stars where wide receivers , Offensive Line , Linebackers and Cornerbacks

Yeah, that tends to get your coach fired.

VN Store

Back