as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
JAN 21 (SUN) 3:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville.Tn

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 7th in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

Mississippi State is ranked 3rd in the AP Top 25 poll and 3rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

finally a home game in Thompson Boling Arena,against a highly ranked team,tough times have been upon you,but your at home now,play with Pride young ladies and all will be well :good!:

ps

and pretty please cut down the turnovers :acute:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 4 people
:rock::rock:Amen!
Amen! On the turnovers by LV.
Turnovers cost us loses in both games.
They were problems including coaching.
MS is very good at causing turnovers too.

JAN 21 (SUN) 3:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville.Tn

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 7th in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

Mississippi State is ranked 3rd in the AP Top 25 poll and 3rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

finally a home game in Thompson Boling Arena,against a highly ranked team,tough times have been upon you,but your at home now,play with Pride young ladies and all will be well :good!:

ps

and pretty please cut down the turnovers :acute:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Can you guys tell me why do you guys get on here if u don’t wish the Lady Vols well but mos state is a better match up to be honestc

Can you guys tell me why do you guys get on here if u don’t wish the Lady Vols well but mos state is a better match up to be honestc

Believe you me I want the Lady Vols to win, however, I am realistic. The Lady Vols have the ability to win, however, it would be a big upset. MSU clearly has the coaching advantage. We have the better athletics, but MSU is very aggressive. They may not sag down low on Russell because McCowan is stronger,more aggressive and tougher then Russell. On defense we will have to give Russell help. I just do not think she can handle McCowan down low. On offense we must drive on McCowan and get her in foul trouble.

We have to control William and Vivians. Those two are quick and will put pressure on us in the paint. Vivians is playing like an All American. If we throw out the welcome mat in the middle, as we have done recently, we will be on the wrong end of a beat down. Don’t give Vic’s daughter room on the premieter or she will kill you with 3’s. We have our job cut out for us.

This will be a tough one, however, we have the players to win. This could be a signature win for Holly. Let’s keep our fingers crossed on this one.

Same thing last year! I think HW teaches turnovers. Last year the coaches blamed it own the players.

Same thing last year! I think HW teaches turnovers. Last year the coaches blamed it own the players.

That is a big issue when you blame it on the players and you as a coach do little to correct the situation. This turnover situation has been on of the hallmarks of Holly’s coaching. This isn’t just a player issue this is also a coaching issue.

They may not sag down low on Russell because McCowan is stronger,more aggressive and tougher then Russell. On defense we will have to give Russell help.I just do not think she can handle McCowan down low. On offense we must drive on McCowan and get her in foul trouble.

Ok sure...

Last season
January 8:
McCowan: 14 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks
Russell: 17 points, 14 boards, 2 blocks

February 26:
McCowan: 1 point, 5 boards
Russell: 9 points, 10 boards

Lady Vols can beat MSU. This team is a great team, which is why I was baffled to see how amateurish they looked in the 2nd half against UND. The turnovers obviously screwed them but was also an issue was not getting the ball to Mercedes Russell in the 2nd half. Russell is a playmaker and they just ignored her.
If Russell plays good, and actually gets the freaking ball, this will be a close game. And if Lady Vols don't turn the freaking ball over, Lady Vols could win by 10.

Ok sure...

Last season
January 8:
McCowan: 14 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks
Russell: 17 points, 14 boards, 2 blocks

February 26:
McCowan: 1 point, 5 boards
Russell: 9 points, 10 boards

This is a different McCowan from last year. Russell did not handle the last three post all that well. She certainly played better against the A&M post in 17 than she did in 18. I want her to handle McCowan but I would not count my eggs by what happened in the past.

Two stats to watch IMO:

Vivians points:
Less than 20 - Lady Vols win
More than 27 - Lady Vols lose
21 to 27 - Toss up

Lady Vols turnovers:
Less than 13 - Lady Vols win
More than 19 - Lady Vols lose
13 to 19 - Toss up

I hope the ladies show up with some attitude and prove they are the team that showed up the first quarter and not the team that showed the last three quarters at ND.

I will not be upset much if they lose today if they play hard and smart 40 minutes. I go back to the Old Dominion game in the Cinderella season years ago. They lost the game but Pat was proud of how they fought. They lost because of execution and that was fixed by year end and ended with a NC.

Reactions: 2 people
gotta match the physicality that State will bring...it'll be a grind...we'll see just how tough our Lady Vols can be...

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

State may the best team in the country. If we can hit outside shots we have a good chance to win. We have got to get players off MR some way!

More than 15 turnover we will lose. We must get up as many shots as they do and hope were shooting the ball well. The thing that still sticks out in the Notre Dame game is that they shot 69 times to our 51 because of the turnovers. That is unacceptable in any game and certainly against top teams.

Also have to watch the Vince Schaeffer effect today he screams and shouts then jumps up and down at the refs and he usually gets a few calls he shouldn't.

VN Store

Back