Battle of Bristol 2

Hell yea! We'll gladly be back yet again. It was the largest party I've ever been too!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1516719864131.jpg
    FB_IMG_1516719864131.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: 25 people
Probably should be two different teams. I loved the experience but not sure i would want to do it again for a long time. Traffic was a nightmare.

Reactions: 5 people
Yeah... Won't go back unless strictly for the party. The sight lines sucked BADLY and we left before halftime and watched on TV back at the Motorhome.

Probably should be two different teams. I loved the experience but not sure i would want to do it again for a long time. Traffic was a nightmare.

That's why I didn't go. Traffic is bad enough in Neyland. Add an extra 50,000 and no one knows where they are going, plus the seats were so far away. I enjoyed it on my 4K projector at the house. Haha

Reactions: 2 people
That's why I didn't go. Traffic is bad enough in Neyland. Add an extra 50,000 and no one knows where they are going, plus the seats were so far away. I enjoyed it on my 4K projector at the house. Haha

I flew home at around midnight the night prior and drove up about 5 hours. No problem getting there. But then we parked at some school about 9 miles away and rode a school bus in. It took about 8 miles the first 5 miles and about 4 hours the next 4 miles. 9000 degrees with no ac. The vol walk was cool. Seating were not bad, i sat in turn 3 beside where the suites start. Took about 2 hours after the game to get back to my car and drove back go Knoxville to avoid paying 10x the normal rate for a crappy motel

My son and i had a blast, but i doubt ill do it again

Reactions: 1 person
I was a logistical nightmare but I'm glad I went. It was an awesome experience. Will I do it next time? I doubt it.

Hard to see, but I had a blast.

My brother and I partied it up with a nice mix of Vols and Hokies we know at the game.

I attended BoB last year, but never again. What's the point now? The attendance record set in 2016 won't be broken no matter who we're playing... The originality and novelty has worn off. The 2016 BoB only made sense for UT & VT since Bristol is in close proximity and centrally located. The pregame tailgating atmosphere was great, but I will never forget the bottlenecked quagmire of entering the stadium due to poorly implemented gate security.

If this were a later in the year game it might be worthwhile. There were a lot of logistical mistakes on the racetracks side of things that probably can't be fixed so expect that to be a recurrent issue as well. Like I told my friends and family last time , did it once don't need to do it again.

VN Store

Back