Will Yr 2 be tougher than Yr 1

Nocleats

Looking at the SRs on this roster, then looking at the incoming and last years Freshman class, Is year be the tougher task for CPJ.. I mean even if Vols land #1 class in country next year, that really wont help their true freshman year will it? T

I think year two will be more difficult as well. Hopefully the JUCO guys can get some quality snaps this year. I am sure next years class will have several JUCO players as well. I bet a lot of freshmen will get playing time in year 2 so that may be a draw for some recruits. The next two seasons will be tough but hopefully by year theee and four, CJP can turn the corner.

These questions you are proposing are just one of the reasons why some of us have said its going to take Pruitt a good 3-4 years to really get things going.

Reactions: 5 people
Looking at the SRs on this roster, then looking at the incoming and last years Freshman class, Is year be the tougher task for CPJ.. I mean even if Vols land #1 class in country next year, that really wont help their true freshman year will it? T

Our jr class is pretty decent. I think year two will be decent

Hopefully, we'll build up enough Volmentum in year 1 to roll right over the SEC like a juggernaut afterwards.

Reactions: 1 person
It will take the 4th year for us to compete for the East, we are in bad shape plus the East is a lot stronger than when we had other coaching changes as bad as i hate to say this the dawgs will be on a 10 year run like bama some won't like to hear that but fact is fact.

Reactions: 3 people
In Year 2 we should still have these players:

JG
Ty Chandler
Trey Smith
CFA (maybe)
Marcus Tatus
Drew Richmond (maybe)

Will Ignont
Daniel Bituli (maybe)
Shawn Shamburger
Nigel Warrior (maybe)
Baylen Buchanan
Cheyenne Labruzza

Then, we'll also still have many of the incoming Freshmen:

Alontae Taylor
Greg Emerson
Jordan Allen
Jerome Carvin
JJ Peterson
Brant Lawless

I'm not really seeing the case for a huge Year 2 drop-off unless Pruitt recruits poorly. There's actually a better case for a Year 3 drop-off, but that would be absurdly speculative at this point.

I think we're gonna be pleasantly surprised. I theink the players will feed off his winning mentality and we will just get better all the time! At least that's my hope!

It will take the 4th year for us to compete for the East, we are in bad shape plus the East is a lot stronger than when we had other coaching changes as bad as i hate to say this the dawgs will be on a 10 year run like bama some won't like to hear that but fact is fact.

Let's see how Kirby does with Kirby's kids before predicting a dynasty for the dawgs. What he did this year and last he did with Richt's kids. He loses 31 to graduation this spring. Let's see how they fare next year.

Reactions: 5 people

Nah...kinda like when vandy returns all their players...more important to learn how to play solid football. If a qb develops that will make a big difference and OL will be a year further along.

Garbage? I hope those men are reading this and pissed off. Some hard working, mean, nasty, and well coached 3*s would be a good thing.

I usually have something sturdy to say but honestly I have no idea. If Pruitt can coach year two will be better regardless. That's my take on things. He should have his quarterback of the future and that makes a world of difference moving forward. All the rest will fall into place with next year's recruiting class.

How about 2018? :) confidence...

Well Year 2 is going to pretty much define what kind of long term success Pruitt’s going to have so either way he needs to make a pretty big leap.

JG
Ty Chandler
Trey Smith
CFA (maybe)
Marcus Tatus
Drew Richmond (maybe)

Will Ignont
Daniel Bituli (maybe)
Shawn Shamburger
Nigel Warrior (maybe)
Baylen Buchanan
Cheyenne Labruzza

Alontae Taylor
Greg Emerson
Jordan Allen
Jerome Carvin
JJ Peterson
Brant Lawless

I'm not really seeing the case for a huge Year 2 drop-off unless Pruitt recruits poorly. There's actually a better case for a Year 3 drop-off, but that would be absurdly speculative at this point.

Add to that 7 five star and 13 fours stars in the 2019 recruiting class and we should be fine.

Reactions: 2 people

JG
Ty Chandler
Trey Smith
CFA (maybe)
Marcus Tatus
Drew Richmond (maybe)

Will Ignont
Daniel Bituli (maybe)
Shawn Shamburger
Nigel Warrior (maybe)
Baylen Buchanan
Cheyenne Labruzza

Alontae Taylor
Greg Emerson
Jordan Allen
Jerome Carvin
JJ Peterson
Brant Lawless

Absurdly Speculative is a religion here.

It's very likely year 1 and 2 will be ~6 wins imo. Year 3 and 4 is when we know how good Pruitt really is

It's very likely year 1 and 2 will be ~6 wins imo. Year 3 and 4 is when we know how good Pruitt really is

We should see at least one game improvement from year one to year two. If it's 5-7 next year it needs to be 6-6 the year after. If it's 6-6 next year it should be 7-5 or better the next. I'm not looking for a miracle by any sorts but an improvement win wise should be there from year one to two if Pruitt is as good as we advertise him.

Just baffles me how we went from dark horse playoff contenders to SEC cellar dweller in 18 mo. We apparently recruited no one behind Dobbs, JRM, Kamara, and Barnett.

Just baffles me how we went from dark horse playoff contenders to SEC cellar dweller in 18 mo. We apparently recruited no one behind Dobbs, JRM, Kamara, and Barnett.

Butch's game plans were conservative. Play it close and win it or lose it on the last drive. We lost to teams where we allowed them hang in there and then ending up beating us.

On 3rd down in the red zone, how many time did we run the ball to line up for kicking the field goal? How many times did it trick the defense and score?

I expect CJP and his crew to have more aggressive game plans.

2018 the year of the Vol.

Let's see how Kirby does with Kirby's kids before predicting a dynasty for the dawgs. What he did this year and last he did with Richt's kids. He loses 31 to graduation this spring. Let's see how they fare next year.

Is that the battle cry of rival fanbases, that Kirby is winning with Richt's players lets see what he does with his player? Take a long look at that statement, Kirby has 2 classes that are his, one was number 3 and the other was number 1, even the transition class where he stayed at Bama just like Pruitt did was number 9. In 18 alone, he signed the top RB class, the top OL class, the top TE class and the top LB class in the country. He just signed the top

He signed the top DT QB, top RB, top AP RB, top TE, top OG in the country, the number 2 SDE, number 2WDE, 2 3 and 4 OLB, number 4 CB. For 19 he has committed the number 1 and 4 WR committed, number 2 WDE committed and currently the top class.

So yeah, UGA fans are waiting to see what he can do with nothing but Kirby players too, Kirby is and has been the top recruiter in the country for several years, kids love the staff and apparently love the new hires, UGA didn't miss on a single kid in the early signing period or the normal signing period with a new position coach taking Sherrer's place. Be careful in what you wish for, last chance for UT to beat UGA in the next 5 years is this fall, and those aren't very good.

VN Store

Back