Vols drop one spot to No. 19 in AP poll

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Only dropped one spot in the AP Poll this week.

Vols are also still a No. 4 seed in this morning’s latest bracketology.

Reactions: 4 people
Just dropping one spot tells me the powers that be think the SEC as a whole is pretty good. Or,,,, that playing on the road in the SEC is a pretty sure loss. Home crowd, home leaning officiating, home team AT HOME and on and on.

Reactions: 1 person
Wait?

Other teams can't recruit either?

How on earth are we still ranked with such bad players?

Just dropping one spot tells me the powers that be think the SEC as a whole is pretty good. Or,,,, that playing on the road in the SEC is a pretty sure loss. Home crowd, home leaning officiating, home team AT HOME and on and on.

To be fair everyone loses this time of year. They really aren't any teams immune to it that play in a major conference

Last edited:
Need to get back to winning basketball and close out the season strong. It's ok to drop a couple but need to close strong 4-0 or 3-1 at very worst. Let's take it to them gators!

We were under-ranked most of December and January and over-ranked now...The thing to remember with rankings is that these are the 19 best teams to date, not the 19 best teams right now....

We were under-ranked most of December and January and over-ranked now...The thing to remember with rankings is that these are the 19 best teams to date, not the 19 best teams right now....

I just don't get why this thinking is so prevalent. It's almost as if we have a football mentality in that ever loss is the end of the world. EVERYONE loses in hoops. We aren't in a funk as we a doing exactly what every other good team is doing right now.

I don’t think the ap poll works like bracketology. Seems more subjective and doesn’t have team sheets and quadrant wins and losses and all those other things the committee uses.

I don’t think the ap poll works like bracketology. Seems more subjective and doesn’t have team sheets and quadrant wins and losses and all those other things the committee uses.

It’s not, and that’s why it’s never been more irrelevant

I just don't get why this thinking is so prevalent. It's almost as if we have a football mentality in that ever loss is the end of the world. EVERYONE loses in hoops. We aren't in a funk as we a doing exactly what every other good team is doing right now.

We are in a funk now. In our last 3 games, we have 2 double digit losses (1 against a NIT team and 1 against a bubble team in which we were run off the court) and an ugly home win against a team that might be playing postseason basketball this season. I don't have the "football mentality" in February over 1 game but there's a 3 game trend that's a bit alarming.

We are in a funk now. In our last 3 games, we have 2 double digit losses (1 against a NIT team and 1 against a bubble team in which we were run off the court) and an ugly home win against a team that might be playing postseason basketball this season. I don't have the "football mentality" in February over 1 game but there's a 3 game trend that's a bit alarming.

Take a peak at all the other teams in the county and see how many of them are doing the exact same thing we are going especially on the road.

This isn't Bama in football.

Reactions: 1 person
South Carolina lost 6 of their last 9 games last year and we know what happened after that

Last years national title team was 2-2 its last 4 games last year. I guess they peeked too soon

VN Store

Back