Jackson Lampley a Tennessee favorite already

I like hearing how current players help recruit as well. That was a big thing during Fulmers years..

Reactions: 1 person
He sounds solidly committed. I wonder if he knows what the term "Bagman" means? :):):)

I like hearing how current players help recruit as well. That was a big thing during Fulmers years..
And it paid off big time, a National championship, and some huge bowl games. Couldnt wait for Saturday’s to get here for kickoffs. Pumped and ready to go in those days. I’m ready to get them old feelings back... this will do it for us. I believe in Fulmer, Pruitt, and his staff to get it done. I still believe in the 1st game of 2018, and I believe they are going to be pumped on game day...I feel the spirit of this team already. Just something about all of the players on the change, you know? :superman:

Reactions: 3 people
I love it when recruits help sell UT. I just hopes it works out better than the '14 class which seemed so tight knitted.

Reactions: 2 people
And didn't that also pay some dividends for us? Recruiting was not the problem for Jones.

But wasn't it ironic when some of the '14 class left, that the tone of the fanbase was Butch was weeding out the weak links?...The signs were there.

Damn man, God forbid a kid try to do something positive moving forward for our football team. Jeez

Not my point. More power to him and I'm glad he's trying to help. Frankly, I'd be happy just to have him honor his own commitment and not flip to another school before NSD. That would be great.

It's just funny to see everyone getting excited about the same things we were so excited about when past head coaches were still in their honeymoon phases. It's like deja vu all over again.

Not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, just making an observation.

Reactions: 7 people
Not my point. More power to him and I'm glad he's trying to help. Frankly, I'd be happy just to have him honor his own commitment and not flip to another school before NSD. That would be great.

It's just funny to see everyone getting excited about the same things we were so excited about when past head coaches were still in their honeymoon phases. It's like deja vu all over again.

I think we all know where you're coming from... I would have never believed that Mays would sign with Georgia a year ago. It's fine to be skeptical. The warning signs of excessive attrition under Jones showed themselves right away with Wharton, Hendrix and Helm. I will definitely be more leery of it this time around if we see it again.

I think we all know where you're coming from... I would have never believed that Mays would sign with Georgia a year ago. It's fine to be skeptical. The warning signs of excessive attrition under Jones showed themselves right away with Wharton, Hendrix and Helm. I will definitely be more leery of it this time around if we see it again.
I think this guy is going after a 5* as well. Let him do the things he has to do. For we have seen this before. He has friends I believe that can be here to help. Don’t worry, with the help of these recruits and Pruitt, things will get done. We will catch Bama, Georgia, and Clemson before long. I will say again that I think Pruitt can beat Smart, Mullen, and Muschamp...let him and Sherrer handle that defense. This confidence level about 2018, I think we will win a lot more games than what people expect. Now Saban, I’m not expecting to be up to their level just yet, but I think we will not lay down against them. Look, Pruitt has been in that locker room with Saban, and he knows what goes on in the prep talks before a game. He knows what to expect against us when we play Bama. You see, I never thought of that until now. We will be fine...:good!: Don’t worry, be 😃

Well it is OD and he is always gitty lol but I just think a young man that wants to be a vol and have other big time recruits come to play in front of 100,000 fans is awesome. I don't care about past players or what they did.

It's a new era

And see, he’ll even have a game plan against Bama, unlike Butch...:hi:

I love it when recruits help sell UT. I just hopes it works out better than the '14 class which seemed so tight knitted.

Well, Stallworth brought the running back to U T with him but he ended up playing at Oregon after failing multiple drug tests
Peerless Price brought Andy McCullough. Daniel Brooks brought the Q B was more interested in tennis than football
Da Rick Rogers brought a Q B with him
Heath Shuler brought his brother
Players recruit their high school team mates or others that they meet at a football camp all the time

Wouldn't doubt if his father has impressed upon him how things used to be. That could be the reason for this mindset. Bottom line is with he current state of social media, recruits recruiting other kids is the way things are now.

VN Store

Back