First time we swept Kentucky, Vandy and Florida...

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
... in the regular season since 1979. That makes me smile.

Hoping for more drought-ending successes the rest of the way.

Reactions: 8 people
Feels really good to sweep the three primary basketball rivals. REALLY wish we could've won @ Alabama, or at least not lost by 28. But any season where we sweep UK in basketball is successful to me, even if we go 2-28.

Since our football and Women's bball teams continue to set nitable milestones in a negative way ... this is truly refreshing! Go Vols.

Beating Kentucky twice made me a happy man. My best friend passed away lay year, his relatives are from Kentucky and give him and I hell every year, so beating them meant a lot to me this year.

Reactions: 2 people
When is the last time we swept Kentucky, vandy, Florida, and South Carolina?

... in the regular season since 1979. That makes me smile.

Hoping for more drought-ending successes the rest of the way.

Not only did we sweep UK in 1979, we pulled the trifecta by beating them 3 times that season ( twice in the regular season and also in the SEC Tournament , which of course is the last year we won the SECT)

Reactions: 1 person
No matter what we do the rest of the season, I'm very proud of this team. We have already accomplished more than any of us really thought at the beginning of the season. That said, f it, let's go 3-0 here and get us a good seed.

A win today would add Ole Miss to the list.
Let's take care o biness and make it easy on the committee.

No. It didn’t actually

Uhh, no, no it didn't.

Only if you have no idea what you're talking about.

I’m sorry about that. That was neither a fair nor accurate comment for me to make while being in dismay about the loss.

Your bracketology info was just as bad as this take

And my apologies about that as well. I usually try to be a lot better than that about doing more research on something like that before I post.

The loss hit me in a way combined with this just being a general mess of a weekend: from work on Friday to my 93 year old grandmother having a health concern to traveling home to help when my 16 year old dog was put to sleep.

So again apologies about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I’m sorry about that. That was neither a fair nor accurate comment for me to make while being in dismay about the loss.

And my apologies about that as well. I usually try to be a lot better than that about doing more research on something like that before I post.

The loss hit me in a way combined with this just being a general mess of a weekend: from work on Friday to my 93 year old grandmother having a health concern to traveling home to help when my 16 year old dog was put to sleep.

No problem, and classy, respectable recant. Sorry about the issues going on.

Reactions: 2 people

This is probably the most sincere apology I’ve ever read on VolNation. No worries :hi:

No need to apologize, we famously suck around here.

VN Store

Back