Tennessee Pro Day set for Monday, March 19th

You have to wonder if NFL scouts are more interested in evaluating our talent after seeing Kamara, who Butch kind of buried in the depth chart, win rookie of the year. It makes you wonder if we have any other players with untapped potential.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm so proud of all the players participating. I'm especially excited about the pro prospects of Kelly and Gaulden.

Here are some great videos to check out.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jRr8UwgEVs[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQ3SVW_Zos[/youtube]

You have to wonder if NFL scouts are more interested in evaluating our talent after seeing Kamara, who Butch kind of buried in the depth chart, win rookie of the year. It makes you wonder if we have any other players with untapped potential.

All guys at this year's Pro-Day had ample chance to shine

All our players have untapped potential. Expect Butch Jones reputations to get worse over the years as our players have more success in the pros than they did in college.

Alvin Kamara is only the start.

I wish all of our footVol players the greatest of success on and off the field!

I wish they could all get a chance in the NFL for at least a few years.

VFL...GBO!!!

Understand the thought, but Kamara was special and most everybody knew it....except Lyle that is. I don’t see anybody else on the roster who will participate in Senior Day who has a chance to be next Kamara in terms of being a diamond in the rough to anywhere near the degree he is/was. We’ll see.

Reactions: 1 person
Understand the thought, but Kamara was special and most everybody knew it....except Lyle that is. I don’t see anybody else on the roster who will participate in Senior Day who has a chance to be next Kamara in terms of being a diamond in the rough to anywhere near the degree he is/was. We’ll see.

Alvin Kamara is a Hall of Fame talent (as I accurately predicted before the draft). So yes there are no other Hall of Fame talents coming out this year. But we have several guys with Pro Bowl potential:

(1) John Kelly is the next Priest Holmes. It might take him a few years but he will be an elite RB in the NFL like Alvin Kamara.
(2) Rashaan Gaulden is an elite nickel corner. He might never make a Pro Bowl because he'll be a slot corner in the NFL rather than an outside corner. But he will play at that Pro Bowl level. He's just a great football player.
(3) Kahlil McKenzie will be a solid starting DT for a long time. Similar to Derek Barnett, he won't be a star like John Kelly/Alvin Kamara but he'll be a high level starter for a long time.
(4) Ethan Wolf should be an average starting NFL tight end.
(5) Trevor Daniel is a NFL punter.
(6) Evan Berry is an elite NFL kick returner. He just needs to stay healthy. If he can stay healthy he'll be a Pro Bowl kick returner in the NFL.
(7) Kendal Vickers reminds me of former Florida Gators and San Francisco 49ers DT Ray McDonald. Vickers can be the Latroy Lewis of this year as a guy who makes an active roster as a rookie as an undrafted free agent.
(8) And finally, Justin Martin and Emmanuel Moseley can also make rosters. I think bad coaching hurt them the most. Both have the physical tools to play in the NFL.

This is a very talented draft class. I think a lot of them play for a long time in the NFL.

Last edited:
Alvin Kamara is a Hall of Fame talent (as I accurately predicted before the draft). So yes there are no other Hall of Fame talents coming out this year. But we have several guys with Pro Bowl potential:

(1) John Kelly is the next Priest Holmes. It might take him a few years but he will be an elite RB in the NFL like Alvin Kamara.
(2) Rashaan Gaulden is an elite nickel corner. He might never make a Pro Bowl because he'll be a slot corner in the NFL rather than an outside corner. But he will play at that Pro Bowl level. He's just a great football player.
(3) Kahlil McKenzie will be a solid starting DT for a long time. Similar to Derek Barnett, he won't be a star like John Kelly/Alvin Kamara but he'll be a high level starter for a long time.
(6) Evan Berry is an elite NFL kick returner. He just needs to stay healthy. If he can stay healthy he'll be a Pro Bowl kick returner in the NFL.
(7) Kendal Vickers reminds me of former Florida Gators and San Francisco 49ers DT Ray McDonald. Vickers can be the Latroy Lewis of this year as a guy who makes an active roster as a rookie as an undrafted free agent.
(8) And finally, Justin Martin and Emmanuel Moseley can also make rosters. I think bad coaching hurt them the most. Both have the physical tools to play in the NFL.

This is a very talented draft class. I think a lot of them play for a long time in the NFL.

I hope kelly goes to Pittsburg so him and Dobbs can have hall of fame career together...

Reactions: 2 people

Of all of the players listed... Daniels will have the longest career

Reactions: 2 people
And they did shine. Someone like me who can actually evaluate talent can see it. However, most people just look at stats or team success which is why they couldn't see that Alvin Kamara was a Hall of Fame talent last year.

You're humility knows no bounds. :rolleyes:

And they did shine. Someone like me who can actually evaluate talent can see it. However, most people just look at stats or team success which is why they couldn't see that Alvin Kamara was a Hall of Fame talent last year.

ohboy.gif

VN Store

Back