Ovince Saint Preux about to fight at UFC fight night on Fox

OP can you post the results if the fight on here? I refuse to pay for ufc anymore but I'd love to know how a former vol did.

Reactions: 2 people
Well stupid Fox interrupted the fight with weather outside my area for the whole duration of OSP's fight and he got choked out.

If I wanted weather, I would have selected that programming.

They said, "We wouldn't be on unless it affected you guys."

That's not true. It doesn't affect me and you were on.

</rant>

I can't believe OSP got choked out like that, but respect to him for not tapping out.

Now back to ESPN to watch Florida hand Auburn a loss so Tennessee picks up a game in the conference title fight.

Yeah, Kevaughn Allen right before the buzzer. That was a sweet shot.

Florida seems firmly in control of this one so far, but still a lot of action left to play out. As if right on cue, the Florida guy just tosses up an airball.

Well stupid Fox interrupted the fight with weather outside my area for the whole duration of OSP's fight and he got choked out.

</rant>

I can't believe OSP got choked out like that, but respect to him for not tapping out.

Now back to ESPN to watch Florida hand Auburn a loss so Tennessee picks up a game in the conference title fight.

bad weather somewhere ?

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah. A tornado has been spotted and touched down.

I didn't mean to appear insensitive to those who live in the affected area, but it was annoying that they didn't segment the broadcast to the local area instead of the entire state. Truth be told, I was just disappointed for OSP losing his fight.

</rant>

He did tap out. Ref didnÂ’t see it. Tough opponent

He was knocked silly before the guillotine.

He has a bad habit of backing straight back with this chin up. He usually gets away with it due to his height but not last night.

Yeah, I rechecked the video to see if he was standing up in base.

It looked like he tried to, but like you said, was leaning too far forward instead of back away from his opponent like you should. If it's not drilled to the point it's a reflex, then it's not there for you when you need it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-oum2IiaDE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZN3gHrAN3s[/youtube]

Last edited:
Yeah. At least he knows an area to work on for improvement now or his future opponents could gun for him to leave it accessible.

Gracie Combatives Lesson 32 Guillotine Defense.

The guillotine just all around looks like it sucks a hard one if you get caught in that.

The guillotine just all around looks like it sucks a hard one if you get caught in that.

Watch the end of that second vid I posted to see how to get out of it breaking the lever. You just have to be prepared and know what to do.

hate to say this, but if he would have went to a real gym years ago he might be one of the best LHW out there based on athleticism, but right now he sticks to knoxville to train and doesnt have anyone to keep up with him when sparring. He should have went to Florida or Arizona years ago and now its to late!

Watch the end of that second vid I posted to see how to get out of it breaking the lever. You just have to be prepared and know what to do.

True, you can defend against a guillotine, but I don't think it's as easy you make it seem. Especially when you just got your brains scrambled and are barely teetering on the edge of consciousness. Not to mention against guys that are just as adept at locking it in as you are defending it, which is why it's not a really uncommon submission to see. Also, it's a lot easier to defend in the gym or in an instructional video than it is in a fight when you have to worry about striking.

hate to say this, but if he would have went to a real gym years ago he might be one of the best LHW out there based on athleticism, but right now he sticks to knoxville to train and doesnt have anyone to keep up with him when sparring. He should have went to Florida or Arizona years ago and now its to late!

Sad but true. I feel like I remember D Cruz basically trashing his corner during one of his fights about their lack of communication to him throughout the round, sloppy technique etc...

True, you can defend against a guillotine, but I don't think it's as easy you make it seem. Especially when you just got your brains scrambled and are barely teetering on the edge of consciousness. Not to mention against guys that are just as adept at locking it in as you are defending it, which is why it's not a really uncommon submission to see. Also, it's a lot easier to defend in the gym or in an instructional video than it is in a fight when you have to worry about striking.

That's why it's so important in training to drill it until it becomes subconscious habit along with the indicators that it's coming, because you need it to be there for you when you're barely conscious.

I mean someone can make it as complicated as they want, but if you put the work in to drill the technique until it's reflex, it will be there for you when you need it. If you don't, it won't. It's not easy because you have to drill it until it's a reflex, so it takes consistent effort to make it habit, but it's not complicated. It is simple technique, execution, drilling, training, and practice like a lot of things. It's not uncommon to see because some guys leave their head and neck accessible and some haven't drilled the technique to counter it even if they've learned the technique to defend against it. That's not a slam against OSP. I'm sure he knows it and has trained it enough to where he felt confident enough that he wouldn't get caught by it. It is what it is. I certainly never said it was easy, but it's simple if you drill the technique and don't give up your neck.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back