Unofficial TN @ Mississippi State Bulldogs 2/27/2018 pre-game.

Player # Class Pos Height Weight Hometown High School Summary

Quinndary Weatherspoon 11 JR G 6-4 190 Canton, MS Velma Jackson HS 14.8 Pts, 6.0 Reb, 3.7 Ast

Nick Weatherspoon 0 FR G 6-2 195 Canton, MS 11.2 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 2.2 Ast

Aric Holman 35 JR F 6-10 195 Owensboro, KY Owensboro HS 11.1 Pts, 6.6 Reb, 0.6 Ast

Tyson Carter 23 SO G 6-4 167 Starkville, MS Starkville High School 9.0 Pts, 2.0 Reb, 1.5 Ast

Abdul Ado 24 FR F 6-11 246 Chattanooga, TN 8.4 Pts, 6.9 Reb, 0.4 Ast

Lamar Peters 1 SO G 6-0 188 New Orleans, LA L.B. Landry High School 8.7 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 4.2 Ast

Xavian Stapleton 3 JR G 6-6 190 Flora, MS Madison Central 6.9 Pts, 2.3 Reb, 0.6 Ast

Eli Wright 2 SO G 6-4 203 Owensboro, KY Apollo High School 3.3 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 1.0 Ast

E.J. Datcher 45 SO C 6-9 240 Vincent, AL Vincent High School 2.5 Pts, 1.9 Reb, 0.2 Ast

KeyShawn Feazell 22 FR F 6-8 230 Newhebron, MS 1.6 Pts, 1.5 Reb, 0.1 Ast

Nick Singleton 13 JR G 6-5 195 Decatur, GA 3.1 Pts, 0.7 Reb, 0.1 Ast

Schnider Herard 34 SO C 6-10 250 Plano, TX Prestonwood Christian Academy 1.0 Pts, 2.1 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Drew Davis 12 SR G 5-10 172 Atlanta, GA Fort Walton Beach High School 0.4 Pts, 0.3 Reb, 0.3 Ast

T.J. Gray 15 SO G 5-9 160 Columbus, MS 0.8 Pts, 0.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Tate Clayton 10 FR G 6-2 170 Tupelo, MS 0.0 Pts, 0.0 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Mitchell Storm 5 SO F 6-7 202 Madison, MS 0.0 Pts, 0.9 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Their 2 leading scorer's are 2 guards that are brothers? I haven't seen this anywhere all season.

Was Abdul Ado on TN's recruiting radar at one point?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Their 2 leading scorer's are 2 guards that are brothers? I haven't seen this anywhere all season.

Last name, Weatherspoon. Any chance, that they may the be the sons of the greatest player in Southern Mississippi BB history, Clarence Weatherspoon?

Last name, Weatherspoon. Any chance, that they may the be the sons of the greatest player in Southern Mississippi BB history, Clarence Weatherspoon?

I know nothing. But I thought Jeff Malone was their GOAT.

Edit: oh. you said So Miss

Last edited:
I know nothing. But I thought Jeff Malone was their GOAT.

Edit: oh. you said So Miss

Nah, the Weatherspoons are not sons of the Golden Eagles and 76's great, Clarence. Nick was a 5-star,tho and his older brother, Q was highly recruited, also.

I just assumed they're brothers. Same small town in Mississippi. I've seen no mention of it, but I've not watched any of their games this year.

I just assumed they're brothers. Same small town in Mississippi. I've seen no mention of it, but I've not watched any of their games this year.

They are brothers or that's what I read in a Clarion Ledger article. Q's older than Nick

Sounds like it will be a tough game. UT has proven they can beat just about anybody, so I have confidence. They just need to play a good game, and close strong. I will say that winning this game will add a nice bullet to the resume.

It'll b a tough game but this year I've learned this team is tough as nails , they do pretty good on the road.

Reactions: 3 people
Did TN recruit Miss St center Abdul Ado out of Chattanooga? Would be nice to have another big body on the team.

Offensively this is definitely one I don’t want to see us forcing up shots around the rim - not w the length of Ado and Holman. Turner should have a good matchup and I look for him to take advantage. And we need to be very aggressive on the offensive glass - a lot more than we were against Ole Miss. Glad to see Walker get some minutes. We’ll need him in this one.

Defensively pressure Peters and protect the paint. They’re a horrible 3pt shooting team.

One stat that I found surprising is that UT has only had 1 letter man in basketball from the state of Mississippi, Torrey Harris. I would think that Tennessee could get more basketball players from Mississippi and Louisiana.

Like to see a win but MS is tough at home. (17-1)
Playing them on the road would make it a G1 win and would look good on the resume.
Not impossible but unlikely.

Like to see a win but MS is tough at home. (17-1)
Playing them on the road would make it a G1 win and would look good on the resume.
Not impossible but unlikely.

They have a good record at home, but I think that’s mostly a product of their schedule.

It would be a great win, since they've only lost once at he all year. Looks like a bad matchups, similar to Bama and UGA.

I don’t think its a bad matchup. Kind of neutral. When they play both Holman and Ado at the same time I could see us struggling from around the rim, but they only do that ~30% of the time. Otherwise each of them individually are not nearly as good as Hall or Maten

They have a good record at home, but I think that’s mostly a product of their schedule.

They beat Ark, Bama and GA at home.
We could win if our offense gets in gear and we don't go into the Coma when we get a lead.
MS finishes at home and we've struggled against length.
Hoping for the W but expecting otherwise.

VN Store

Back