A little perspective...

SweetDaddy

21-7 overall and 11-5 in conference amid NCAA investigations sweeping the whole country that it looks like we've also steered clear of.

Life is indeed good in Thompson Boling Arena these days and we've got a Hall Of Fame coach that we lucked into to thank for it.

Finish strong boys.

Reactions: 11 people
But when exactly should we wait to judge Barnes and his recruiting?

If you still want to question his recruiting, that's your prerogative, but voicing a negative overall opinion on his ability to teach and coach the players he has, in the midst of the best season we've seen in 8-9 years, is either foolish, stubborn, or both.

You can have all the talent in the world and stumble your way towards the tournament (looking at you, Bama), or you can teach and coach up lesser talented, perhaps misevaluated players into a 3 or 4 seed. I'll take the latter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
21-7 overall and 11-5 in conference amid NCAA investigations sweeping the whole country that it looks like we've also steered clear of.

Life is indeed good in Thompson Boling Arena these days and we've got a Hall Of Fame coach that we lucked into to thank for it.

Finish strong boys.

We only have 1 senior on this team. I hope we can go injury free and play well again next season.
It really helps us that Florida & Kentucky are down this season.

Reactions: 1 person
If you still want to question his recruiting, that's your prerogative, but voicing a negative overall opinion on his ability to teach and coach the players he has, in the midst of the best season we've seen in 8-9 years, is either foolish, stubborn, or both.

You can have all the talent in the world and stumble your way towards the tournament (looking at you, Bama), or you can teach and coach up lesser talented, per misevaluated players into a 3 or 4 seed. I'll take the latter.

Agreed.

Barnes may not be the best recruiter on “paper” but he does an outstanding job developing players that wasn’t as highly recruited coming out of high school.

Talent alone can only get you so far.

You can have all the talent in the world and stumble your way towards the tournament (looking at you, Bama), or you can teach and coach up lesser talented, per misevaluated players into a 3 or 4 seed. I'll take the latter.

They’ll be back next loss

I recall saying very matter of factly that the 2016 class was a failure on paper BUT that the final grade wouldn't be great given until they got on the court. Well now that that has happened they are a resounding successs.

Reactions: 5 people
Barnes is an excellent teacher of the game of basketball. The recruits will come when they see what our coach has accomplished this year imo..

Reactions: 4 people
Ok, so if I’m looking at this correct, if we win the last two and Auburn loses the last two we win the sec. is that our only shot or is my math wrong (which it could be)

Ok, so if I’m looking at this correct, if we win the last two and Auburn loses the last two we win the sec. is that our only shot or is my math wrong (which it could be)

To win it outright, yes. If we win 2 and Auburn loses 1, we'll share the SEC Championship.

I think most of us are reserved to the fact our realistic shot is to share the title

I think auburn loses to Arkansas, if we can pull off a win on the road against Mississippi St.we'll have a damn good shot at the sec championship because we beat georgia at home imo.... We owe Georgia a Tennessee dog whoopun.. Lol

VN Store

Back