Fulmer's Letter

BlackCreekVol

Maybe Next Year
Twitter

Article with transcript

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-WATCH-Phillip-Fulmer-voices-powerful-letter-written-to-Jeremy-Pruitt-117514767

This got me pumped this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: 23 people
What a difference it makes, having an Athletic Director who has previously been a championship-winning head coach for the university.

Most Athletic Directors are businessmen, because that's what the job largely entails. But they're not necessarily businessmen who have proven successful at the SPECIFIC business of coaching sports. Which is the business ADs are in, of course.

Phil's background gives him an undeniable credibility and authority among the coaches he leads and manages. Credibility our program hasn't enjoyed since when? Doug Dickey maybe?

And that credibility magnifies his ability to lead those coaches, to guide them toward success...toward championships.

I think we have a bright future in Tennessee athletics.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 12 people
Such as retaining and extending Holly????

You're right.
Phil has dishonored the legacy of Pat Summitt and the once-mighty Lady Vol basketball program by failing to take the appropriate action vis a vis Holly Warlick. Hopefully, he will correct that error and solidify his standing as a worthy UTAD before another underwhelming season has passed.

Reactions: 2 people
I've seen first hand the work Fulmer is doing. Guy is working, building relationships, networking.
Plus, he looks great. Seriously, he looks better than he did when he was coaching.

Reactions: 5 people
It got me to thinking "What if?". What if CPF had hired a head coach at Tennessee. Some guy from the North or North West? You couldn't have the same relationship that you have here. With Jeremy, you don't have that new guy who is secretly thinking, "Yeah, this is the SEC, but, at 'name the conference', we did it better. They'll get it someday." Jeremy knows how it is done in the SEC. He can learn the head coach drill in time. And, he should have at least half the game time decision-making nailed down. Great letter. Go Vols!

It got me to thinking "What if?". What if CPF had hired a head coach at Tennessee. Some guy from the North or North West? You couldn't have the same relationship that you have here. With Jeremy, you don't have that new guy who is secretly thinking, "Yeah, this is the SEC, but, at 'name the conference', we did it better. They'll get it someday." Jeremy knows how it is done in the SEC. He can learn the head coach drill in time. And, he should have at least half the game time decision-making nailed down. Great letter. Go Vols!

Better yet, he knows how it is done at Alabama and Georgia. They are the two kings of the hill right now in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
Video skips every time I watched it, can't make it out...."you don't have to have an S on your chest, but you darn sure..something..a T on your helmet"

Someone help me?

Reactions: 1 person
Video skips every time I watched it, can't make it out...."you don't have to have an S on your chest, but you darn sure..something..a T on your helmet"

Someone help me?

"You don't have to have an 'S' on your chest. But you darn sure gotta be able to represent that 'T' on your helmet."

Me, too. But I like drinking whiskey and eating donuts, as well. May have something to do with it. :)

(not at the same time; that would be gross)

Well obviously making any type of joke about Majors/Drinking and Fulmer/Donuts means you HATE both. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back