College basketball panel says ban cheats and end one-and-done.

Something may or may not need to be done, but some of the folks on that panel have no business in college athletics.

Reactions: 5 people
baskeball panel...all hot air...to much money involved...yep, they'll scapegoat a couple assistants, couple people tied in with the AA's but that's about all...I could be wrong, but I doubt it...we'll see...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
I think changing the one and done rule will be extremely beneficial to the kids and college basketball.

I think you should have a mandatory two years in college before you can declare for the draft. I think kids that want to come straight out of high school and go to the pros should be allowed. If they don't get drafted they either have the option to go to school for two years or go to the d league and play there. The d league has become much better and can be a great tool for basketball if used right.

I also think the draft should have a third round strictly for the farm teams like baseball does. It would add so much more to the game at the pros and college levels if the were to do something like that. Just how I feel about things anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
Having thought about this for a while, I feel kids who want to go straight from high school should be allowed to go, but must attend a high school combine attended by reps of all 30 NBA teams, and they must receive a certain grade for their performance at this combine in order to qualify for the draft as a high school senior.

This allows them to get sufficient feedback from the NBA suggesting that they have the ability to be drafted amongst the 60 selections.

If they do not receive a passing grade, they must either attend college for a minimum of 2 years, or sit out for 1 year before being eligible for the following year's draft. In that year, they can pursue a professional career overseas.

This gives everyone 3 options. No one enters the draft as a HS senior who the NBA hasn't signed off as being ready, and no one is "forced" to go to college that can't cut it in the classroom for two years.

Reactions: 1 person
Having thought about this for a while, I feel kids who want to go straight from high school should be allowed to go, but must attend a high school combine attended by reps of all 30 NBA teams, and they must receive a certain grade for their performance at this combine in order to qualify for the draft as a high school senior.

This allows them to get sufficient feedback from the NBA suggesting that they have the ability to be drafted amongst the 60 selections.

If they do not receive a passing grade, they must either attend college for a minimum of 2 years, or sit out for 1 year before being eligible for the following year's draft. In that year, they can pursue a professional career overseas.

This gives everyone 3 options. No one enters the draft as a HS senior who the NBA hasn't signed off as being ready, and no one is "forced" to go to college that can't cut it in the classroom for two years.

Slightly altered than my thoughts but I like. Sign us up for the committee ASAP!

VN Store

Back