DT
6-4
CLASS OF 19
MIDDLE VILLAGE, NY
(CHRIST THE KING REGIONAL)

Jared Harrison-Hunte, Christ The King Regional, Defensive Tackle

Jared Hunte, 2019 Defensive tackle - Rivals.com

Jared Harrison-Hunte - Hudl

He earned an offer today at camp per Callahan. Looks like OSU did the same yesterday at their camp and PSU last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 6-foot-4, 285-pound harrison-hunte, who now has received offers from 20 schools, attended camps at ohio state on friday and tennessee on saturday, landing offers from both of them while he was on campus. He told 247sports’ alex gleitman after getting his offer from ohio state that he was “going to make a decision soon.” but after his visit with the vols, he said he’s “going to change that” plan.

“i don’t know when i’m going to make that decision now,” said harrison-hunte. Harrison-hunte said the vols now are “in my mind,” and he’s “giving everybody a chance” as he continues exploring an option. Rather than deciding on a school this summer, he said he’s now likely to wait until this fall and take some official visits before making his choice.

He said first-year tennessee coach jeremy pruitt’s staff hadn’t “been in touch with me at all” before he made the trip to knoxville on saturday. He expected that to change after saturday’s camp. “it hit me by surprise when they offered me,” harrison-hunte said. “it was from the head coach. When he first offered me, (he said), ‘we want to offer you.’ “and then, after the camp, i went to the d-line coach’s office and i got to know both of them a little bit,” he added, referring to vols defensive line coach tracy rocker. “they said i'm raw and that i have a lot of potential to be good — as a matter of fact, great — at the sport.”

tennessee made a good first impression on harrison-hunte, too. “now that i got a view of the place, it’s really nice,” he said. “it’s really southern. I like southern places. I like the people there, the coaching staff. They’re really good people. The campus itself is nice. The people i met there besides the coaches are nice, so it just lets me know that it’s a good environment, (and) there’s nothing to worry about. I’d feel comfortable there. I like it.”

working with rocker and getting to know him after saturday’s camp was among the highlights of the visit for harrison-hunte. “the one thing that stood out the most is the coaching staff — well, actually, one coach. It was the d-line coach,” he said. “he’s really down-to-earth and cool. He was trying to figure me out, but you could tell that he was a nice guy — very old-school — and that he knew his stuff, so that’s one thing that made me want to come back there, get to know him better.”

Reactions: 6 people
Joe Osovet opening up that pipeline to these NYC athletes. Love it! Can't wait to see the offense incorporate that downfield RPO as well.

Reactions: 1 person
More positive evidence of our DL coach Tracy Rocker ... even though he did not read the principles of whatever book that other opposing DL coaches have read.

Working with rocker and getting to know him after saturday’s camp was among the highlights of the visit for harrison-hunte. “the one thing that stood out the most is the coaching staff — well, actually, one coach. It was the d-line coach,” he said. “he’s really down-to-earth and cool. He was trying to figure me out, but you could tell that he was a nice guy — very old-school — and that he knew his stuff, so that’s one thing that made me want to come back there, get to know him better.”

We are seeing those comments from all of the kids it seems like , about all the coaches . Things like “ keeping it real” , “ Down to earth “ , “ Up front and honest with you “ . That’s a pattern I like .

Reactions: wrangler
Offer list does not = ranking kind of kid. LSU offer alone should tell you all you need to know about the guy. Does he just not go to recruiting camps?

And he’s been to Penn State about 40,000 times. You would figure that would indicate a huge lean. Coach Osovet paying dividends?

Can't find the article now, but in his interview he mentioned he was ready to pick a school after the Ohio St offer - but after getting the TN offer it changed things. Still sounded like he wants to commit before school starts

VN Store

Back