Another player leaving?

Clockwork Orange

Rumor is Chris Donald is not happy at all about being 3rd on the depth chart at MLB and he is considering transferring after the O&W game for lack of playing time.

He feels like he should be starting because of how highly rated he was coming out of H.S.

He has been a major bust anyway. I thought he was way overrated coming out of H.S.. He just simply isnt good enough.

Buh bye...it is called a team. The best players are supposed to play.

Rumor is Chris Donald is not happy at all about being 3rd on the depth chart at MLB and he is considering transferring after the O&W game for lack of playing time.

He feels like he should be starting because of how highly rated he was coming out of H.S.

He's been doing fairly well in practice and honestly if this rumor has any substance to it, then Chris can go somewhere else if he thinks his high ranking out of HS means anything in college. If he leaves it might be because of the classroom, but other than that I can't see why he would leave at all.

Talks cheap, if this kid wants to leave let him. I don't care if we are left with 55 kids this season I am sick and tired of see us quit or cower to other teams when things start to go against us. I want to see us get the old swagger back.

Anytime one of these threads starts with "Rumor is..." I am a bit cynical. Does anyone have any concrete source for this rumor or is it just that--another unsupported internet rumor?

On Basillo's website, it was mentioned that another player might soon be leaving. It didn't come right out and say who, but it did offer the clue that is was a highly rated player that hasn't panned out thus far.

It doesn't mean the rumor is right, but when I read it I immediately thought of Donald.

I would hate it if true; I've hung out w/ the guy a little bit, he was really cool and not conceited whatsoever. Folks should wait for the truth to come out before bashing a guy; he chose to come to UT to play just like every other player on the team.

I was really hoping for big things out Chris Donald this Spring, but if this rumor is true then I wish him the best of luck.

Anytime one of these threads starts with "Rumor is..." I am a bit cynical. Does anyone have any concrete source for this rumor or is it just that--another unsupported internet rumor?

While I agree in theory, I have yet to see one of these "player X is considering leaving the team" rumors this offseason that didn't end up being true.

There aren't concrete sources for rumors. That's why they're called rumors.

On Basillo's website, it was mentioned that another player might soon be leaving. It didn't come right out and say who, but it did offer the clue that is was a highly rated player that hasn't panned out thus far.

It doesn't mean the rumor is right, but when I read it I immediately thought of Donald.

I just read this on his site as well. The first person to pop in my head was Chris Donald. Here is the quote and link.

Quote:
I marvel at the ability of 'X' to be prescient when it comes to UT football. After Morely (who he told me would be gone back in December) was officially gone, 'X' said to watch out for Donald Langley next. Last night, in a lengthy phone conversation, 'X' swore me to secrecy over who would be next but promised me there would be another one pretty soon who falls by attrition. Remember, he said 8 in all would fall and I believe we are right at that number. I will give you a hint (even though this is skirting the lines) on who it might be. He was a highly recruited player who it hasn't worked out for.

The Edge on TonyBasilio.com

I would hate it if true; I've hung out w/ the guy a little bit, he was really cool and not conceited whatsoever. Folks should wait for the truth to come out before bashing a guy; he chose to come to UT to play just like every other player on the team.

I don't care how cool a guy is. Can he play or not? All reports on Chris Donald seem to imply that he can't.

If this is true, it means you can at least send a little gift basket of credit to Fulmer and Chavis because if Monte Kiffin has questions about this kid, then the previous regime at least had a tiny inkling of a clue that he was charted for Bustville.

Wait, wait, wait. He was all-world coming out of high school and everybody and their brother blamed Fulmer for him not getting to play. It wasnt possible that he just wasnt good enough. Now that he is being evaluated by an entirely new coaching staff he is 3rd on the depth chart. No way!

I will give you a hint (even though this is skirting the lines) on who it might be. He was a highly recruited player who it hasn't worked out for.

One could argue this quote could mean a lot of different players on the team....
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back