Herbstreit comments during GA spring game. . .

Mattlock

Did anyone else hear him talk about the UT FLA game. . .in April? And he said something about Gameday maybe showing up. Wow, that would be a welcome change from the past few years.

gameday will be in gainesville. Can't imagine them being anywhere else. Last time, and the only time, i got to visit gainesville....vols came away with a win! I think it was 2003...game with hail mary at half time to James Banks for TD! It was hot as hell that day...but we had a great time.

If Kiffin pulled that upset off..This whole state of Tennessee would be in a FRENZY

Did anyone else hear him talk about the UT FLA game. . .in April? And he said something about Gameday maybe showing up. Wow, that would be a welcome change from the past few years.

Gameday in gainesville isn't really a big deal.

Come get me when they come to knoxville. Now that'd be news!

I'd love to win that game in a defensive struggle with a score like 10-6, but, realistically, I'm just hoping we don't get laughed out of the stadium. Of course, it will be interesting to see Berry against Tebow.

I would bet the farm game day is there...With knives and forks ready to feast on our beloved VOLS....The venom they will spew will add gasoline to the fire you can believe that...Gator fans are already going insane over this game...Which really cracks me up...We can only hope Kiffin and company have a few tricks up their sleeves.

I want that game to get as much publicity as possible.

So do I because IF we put a foot in that a$$ I want the whole world to see it.I can already see Lee Corso putting that gator hat on which is fine it would make it that much sweeter!With all that said you guys should win!:corso:

I think the Gators' biggest enemy going into that game would have been complacency. Now, not so much.
really? you honestly think that we had a shot at winning that game before anything was said?

or is it now our chances went from 60-40 to 75-25 or something?

at the end of the day, Florida is still better than we are. it's at the Swamp. they're the defending national champs.

we're a 5-7 team that has a brand new coaching staff that hasn't beaten Florida in 4 years.

and you needed Lane Kiffin to get you over the hump?

gimmie a break LG.

really? you honestly think that we had a shot at winning that game before anything was said?

or is it now our chances went from 60-40 to 75-25 or something?

at the end of the day, Florida is still better than we are. it's at the Swamp. they're the defending national champs.

we're a 5-7 team that has a brand new coaching staff that hasn't beaten Florida in 4 years.

and you needed Lane Kiffin to get you over the hump?

gimmie a break LG.

No, no, that's not what I meant. Of course I did not think before this that UT had much of a shot. But I did worry that the Gators might take them for granted and come out a bit flat. Not worried about that anymore.

Of course, that also means that if UT should pull the upset, I'll lose my best excuse. But so be it.

No, no, that's not what I meant. Of course I did not think before this that UT had much of a shot. But I did worry that the Gators might take them for granted and come out a bit flat. Not worried about that anymore.

Of course, that also means that if UT should pull the upset, I'll lose my best excuse. But so be it.

UT will pull the upset.

Quite honestly, I don't think any of the comments from Kiffin hit home with the players. Do you honestly think they care about Kiffin calling their coach a cheater? It resonated with the fan base and the administration - but the players, I would think not.

VN Store

Back