Hotel Recommendations

Oracle69

I am coming in from Warner RObins, GA. for the O&W game. I would like to get a hotel very close to the stadium....any suggestions? Someone down here said to go North West of the stadium across the river. Is this solid info?

try the downtown marriott. May be full but its worth a try. 5 stars I think. But If you wanna go more affordable there are a couple others in the city. A holiday in and a hilton. Anything below that and still worth sleeping in is west of town anywhere from 20-45 mins from the stadium. Of course traffic will just about double any travel time downtown.

I am coming in from Warner RObins, GA. for the O&W game. I would like to get a hotel very close to the stadium....any suggestions? Someone down here said to go North West of the stadium across the river. Is this solid info?

4 points by Sheraton. On 12th and White
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. Cumberland house
2. Hilton
3. Hampton

My preferences, but I like being able to walk to campus and walk into downtown.

I've never been to Knoxville....I'm assuming I can walk from the Hampton to anywhere I need to go on game day?

I've never been to Knoxville....I'm assuming I can walk from the Hampton to anywhere I need to go on game day?
Its doable, depending on what all you're carrying around with you though it might be somewhat arduous. Taxis and "the T" will be available though.

Thanks bigorange. I will be driving down from Baltimore, so I might research a place to go tailgate.
Just let me know if you need any help, there's a lot of great places to tailgate. We don't mind hosting a few other teams fans at our tailgate either. Stick around!

Thanks! My preference is always to tailgate, but I wasn't sure what the situation is like there (whether it's difficult for visiting fans to find a spot).

try the downtown marriott. May be full but its worth a try. 5 stars I think. But If you wanna go more affordable there are a couple others in the city. A holiday in and a hilton. Anything below that and still worth sleeping in is west of town anywhere from 20-45 mins from the stadium. Of course traffic will just about double any travel time downtown.

As far as Marriott's go, this one is a dog. Definitely no 5 stars. Good location but still a pretty good walk.

1. Cumberland house
2. Hilton
3. Hampton

I agree. I stay at the Cumberland House and it is most tremendous and allows for a nice walk to campus as well as downtown. The Mrs. and I will be there in June, and then I'm staying there when I go down for the UGA game. Great location.

As far as Marriott's go, this one is a dog. Definitely no 5 stars. Good location but still a pretty good walk.

As far as marriott's go I totally agree I wish we had a JW or something but still a nice place to lay your head down. A little far for walking but its not a Nations Best or anything.

4 points by Sheraton. On 12th and White

1. Cumberland house
2. Hilton
3. Hampton

I agree. I stay at the Cumberland House and it is most tremendous and allows for a nice walk to campus as well as downtown. The Mrs. and I will be there in June, and then I'm staying there when I go down for the UGA game. Great location.

It's now known as 4 Points. And it is a very nice hotel. I stayed there a few years ago (before I moved to Knoxvegas)

I don't know if getting a hotel room is going to be easy. I reserved mine over a month ago at the 4 Points Sheraton and they told me that it was limited availability then. They are also projecting that this will be one of the most attended O&W Games in recent memory. Good Luck on your search.

I don't know if getting a hotel room is going to be easy. I reserved mine over a month ago at the 4 Points Sheraton and they told me that it was limited availability then. They are also projecting that this will be one of the most attended O&W Games in recent memory. Good Luck on your search.
That's like2 minutes from my apartment. Prepare to get punched in the nose.

That's like2 minutes from my apartment. Prepare to get punched in the nose.

Here's my bodyguard, and he's a baaaaaaad ass....

mountain_sheep_T3794.jpg

VN Store

Back