QB's According to NYCVOL

Hens67

He does some of the best recruiting homework I have seen.

1.Phillip Sims

2. Jesse Scroggins

3.Christian Green

4.Blake Bell

5.Jake Heaps

6.Munchie Legaux

7.Barry Brunetti

8.Nick Montana

9.Andrew Hendrix

10.Michael Strauss

11. Bo Wallace

12. Hutson Mason

13.Clint Trickett

14. Darian Stone

15.Nash Nance

Last edited:
aint over with Sims yet....we haven't even had him visit yet
Kid probably was star struck...we can turn him I promise

Our depth chart at QB vs Bama's will be the thing....Bama has like 6 QB's on roster already

I watched a youtube of scroggins and he may be the best on the board

If he takes his visits still. We know how Saban is about letting his commits visit.

If I were a highly rated high school QB, I would be all over Tennessee. I don't get why these guys are committing to these schools that are 5 and 6 deep with highly rated QB's when they could possibly come in and start at UT from day 1 and with maybe one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

On another note, I am surprised Heaps is that far down on the list. I would imagine he is more like 1 or 2.

Mason should alot higher on that list. I don't know how legit this actually is cuz Sullivan isn't even on the list, and UT has actually offered him. Some of the players on that list haven't even been offered...

this is starting to get a little worrisome with so many targets committing elsewhere...

Sims to Bama, Bell to Okla, Green is considered a strong FSU lean, Heaps possibly a U Dub lean...

we may be left chasing a guy named Munchie...:)

Looking thorugh Scout I feel better. There are so many QB's not even ranked yet that we have offered. Its not as though there rankings matter that much but things I think will continue to shake up.

I haven't seen any video on him yet, but it's hard to get excited about a guy who holds offers from Georgia Southern and Iowa...looks like a backup at best.

That plays hs football in GA with a 70% completion percentage...I think he is 6'5" as well.

Last edited:
That plays hs football in GA with a 70% completion percentage...I think he is 6'5" as well.
rivals lists him at 6'2"

what level does he play at in GA?

not saying he isn't good, but it usually doesn't bode well when no one is offering.

I haven't seen any video on him yet, but it's hard to get excited about a guy who holds offers from Georgia Southern and Iowa...looks like a backup at best.

Apparently, Mason has dominated in a couple of combines AFTER the Rivals and Scout rankings came out. Rexvol posted this on Mason's thread a few days ago. He said it came from a close friend of the family:

"Should have gotten on board early like UT and Purdue and Iowa and some of the others. I knew this would happen after he got in front of several scouts "eyes". UGA coaches had him call and they told him they had several "eyes" call them to notify them about his performance. Article on "TOS" talks about his accuracy and arm strength. Note: He and Connor Shaw finished 1 and 2 at QB and had a pass off. Hutson just missed a 40 yard pass into the wind and Connor Shaw hit a 10 yard out. Nash Nance or Blake Sims or any of the other dozen QB's present were'nt even in the running ( that's not a slap at them, just reality). He also made the top 8 offensive players in the combine out of over 200 invited athletes from the south."

Dominating (from the way it sounds) Blake Sims and Nash Nance is not an easy task. He sounds a little bit like Heaps. He says that him and his coach Dave Archer are constantly working on mechanics, learning how to read defenses, and watch film...

Tee Martin coached him for the past 2 years before heading out to New Mexico (I think). He was on campus for UT's Junior Day, was on campus for a Vol scrimmage a couple of weeks later, and will be on hand for the Orange and White game Saturday, all he needs is the offer. That makes 3 visits to Knoxville since early March. He may very well be our next committment...

Last edited:
He also plays in metro-Atlanta area in a public school. The competition is more than adequate at any classification.

If I were a highly rated high school QB, I would be all over Tennessee. I don't get why these guys are committing to these schools that are 5 and 6 deep with highly rated QB's when they could possibly come in and start at UT from day 1 and with maybe one of the best coaching staffs in the country.

On another note, I am surprised Heaps is that far down on the list. I would imagine he is more like 1 or 2.

you have to keep in mind that there are other schools in the nation.

Mason's stats as a Junior are incredible.

Rushing Passing
Statistics TD PA PC Pct Yds TD Int
2008 (Jr.) 3 420 292 70.0 3,705 28 10

yeah this list will change as the season goes on...he just felt this is how they ranked as far as TN recruiting them

I'm no recruiting expert nor a quarterback guru, but when I look at a guy I think, "does this dude's style remind me of someone you might see playing in the nfl". Mason passes that test. Check out the 2nd pass in this clip where he makes his read then drops a pass over the middle linebacker for a TD. This guy know how to play QB
YouTube - Hutson Mason 4

In order by recruiting the hardest...

I'm curious why you thought this was a list for how hard these guys were being recruited. Considering that is completely impossible to accurately guage without speaking to the staff and not really NYC's style, I had to dig up his post on the other board.

His thread title is "My QB board..."

Unless he edited the title, I don't see anything to suggest it's anything more than his personal favorites and in no way an attempt to understand the staff's personal favorites.

VN Store

Back