Lofton Return=NCAA Trip

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Pretty obvious without Chris, we are lost.I hope he does return this week or we can start talking about the NIT.:banghead2:

To get the 20 wins, we need to go 6-4 in the Next 10, and we play Georgia twice, Kentucky again, LSU, Alabama, and of course, Florida twice. Even the "gimme' games aren't looking so great.

To get the 20 wins, we need to go 6-4 in the Next 10, and we play Georgia twice, Kentucky again, LSU, Alabama, and of course, Florida twice. Even the "gimme' games aren't looking so great.

I just got physically ill reading that pending schedule:sick: :yikes:

And Vandy and Arkansas at home.

We also travel to South Carolina.

The remaining SEC schedule is tough. The only good thing is that we still have 6 home games, but I don't know if we can will all 6 of the remaining home games.

...We should be a better rounded team.

On it's face, one would say you are absolutely right.
Underneath, what that is saying is that the freshmen ought not be playing like freshmen. That is a nice thing to hope for, but the chances of such a thing happening are really not very great.

I certainly do wish the free throw shooting would come around though. Man it hurts when you can't bust out of a FT slump...

We have a pestering D that works hard but the way the offense is set up there is no way we could go that far unless at every position we had Steve Kerr.

On it's face, one would say you are absolutely right.
Underneath, what that is saying is that the freshmen ought not be playing like freshmen. That is a nice thing to hope for, but the chances of such a thing happening are really not very great.

I certainly do wish the free throw shooting would come around though. Man it hurts when you can't bust out of a FT slump...
True, but not as much how good they play but the offensive scheme.

We have a pestering D that works hard but the way the offense is set up there is no way we could go that far unless at every position we had Steve Kerr.

I've heard Pearl say this is the first time he's run this system without being able to rotate nine or ten deep.
When Lofton is in there, you can still see the bald spots in the depth, but his points make for a pretty darn effective comb over. Without him, well if you spray that hair paint over the bald spot, it is still a bald spot...

We lost to Vandy and Auburn with Lofton in the lineup. He will not be a cure for all that ails the team.

We lost to Vandy and Auburn with Lofton in the lineup. He will not be a cure for all that ails the team.
You live near Shaq, whats the odds he could play center for a couple games. Take him to a fancy lunch and see what you can do. This weekend would be nice.

We are dire straits my for sure.

We had no blowouts with him playing though, right?

not really, UT lost to Butler by 10, UNC by 14, and Mississippi by 14 (we led at half time, and Lofton didn't return). Other than UK, all the other losses have been by a combined 6 points. UT did, however, blow halftime leads against Vandy and Auburn.

I'd be a little more satisfied if they would at least stop shooting the threes when we are down by a ton of points.

yep. at the end of the day this is a young team that is still developing inside, and we have no real answer at this time for the PG position.:thumbsup:

Ramar seems to be as clear an answer as you can get.

I'm high on Ramar, but you must be kidding. Late game defeats due to poor FT shooting and our PG seems to lose 5 percentage points per week from his overall FT percentage. We've blown more than one halftime / late game lead because we can't protect the ball or make free throws. He is not the clear answer. He MIGHT be in the future, but I'm not betting on it. He is most likely a 2 guard who can break down Ds and dish to open shooters.

VN Store

Back