Live from New York, it's....Peyton Manning?

This will be second only to Natalie Portman's hosting of the show.

Yes, I've been drinking.

No, it didn't affect this post.

Some of the previous casts of SNL could pull something like this off. The current who's who of non-funny lineup will make certain this episode is pathetic. I can guarantee the jokes Manning's teammates will make about this experience will be funnier than the actual episode.

Some of the previous casts of SNL could pull something like this off. The current who's who of non-funny lineup will make certain this episode is pathetic. I can guarantee the jokes Manning's teammates will make about this experience will be funnier than the actual episode.
Actually, I like the show better now that Tina Fey is no longer head writer. I didn't really go for her brand of humor. And I would argue that the current cast is more talented than the likes of Chris Kattan, etc.

Actually, I like the show better now that Tina Fey is no longer head writer. I didn't really go for her brand of humor. And I would argue that the current cast is more talented than the likes of Chris Kattan, etc.

That dude from Nickelodeon is on there. He is awful.

Saturday Night Live is down right awful these days. kptvol is right that guy from Nickelodian is awful. I mean I try to watch sometimes but I was spoiled with Farley, Sandler, Eddie Murphy, Phil Hartman, Tracey Morgan (funniest black man alive), David Spade (had his moments), Will Ferrel, NORM MCDONALD (awesome), Jim Bruer, Cheri Oteri, Horatio Sanz, Tim Meadows, Molly Shannon.

The show really started going South when Jimmy Fallon and Tina Fey did the Weekend Update. I never got Fallon's schtick except for the NOOOOMAR skits.

In a nutshell, Since 2000 SNL has been a steady downfall.

Edit: Hell even Colin Quinn made me laugh every now and then. I'd rather watch him than anyone they have on there these days.

Kenan Thompson is the Nick guy. He is no comedian at all.
I don't care much for Kenan either, but Sudeikis, Wiig, Hader, and Forte are very funny, in my opinion.

The writers are doing more absurdist stuff lately, which I like a great deal.

But, everybody's got a different sense of humor.

I don't care much for Kenan either, but Sudeikis, Wiig, Hader, and Forte are very funny, in my opinion.

The writers are doing more absurdist stuff lately, which I like a great deal.

But, everybody's got a different sense of humor.

I think you nailed in on the sence of humor. Back when Farley and Sandler were there it was just physical make you laugh at something dumb funny. No thinking involved humor. Slapstick if you will.

Now they try to be intellectual and cultured. They try to be more witty that they are just funny. Which doesn't really work for me. It's 11:30 on a Saturday you better make me laugh because I could easily be at the bar or club.

Amy Poehler is decent to good.

'Yall remember getting excited, around 11pm on Sat nights, wondering which reoccurring characters you may see? Those were the good ole days.

I think you nailed in on the sence of humor. Back when Farley and Sandler were there it was just physical make you laugh at something dumb funny. No thinking involved humor. Slapstick if you will.

Now they try to be intellectual and cultured. They try to be more witty that they are just funny. Which doesn't really work for me. It's 11:30 on a Saturday you better make me laugh because I could easily be at the bar or club.
Yeah, I'm not too big into physical comedy, with the possible exception of Michael Richards, who is a genius in that area.

I much prefer absurdist comedy, dark humor, and pretty warped stuff. For me, the Coen Brothers are the pinnacle of the kind of comedy that makes me laugh (e.g. The Big Lebowski).

Adding to a little of what you said...I am a Moderate, vote straight Dem this past election, but even I can say they are too obviously liberal. It was funny when Farrell did Bush. I think it's been a freefall into aweful since he left. Horatio Sanz was a poor man's Farley, maybe even a wannbe Farley....and yes, there are PLENTY of things in bars that are funny, at all hours.

Amy Poehler is decent to good.

'Yall remember getting excited, around 11pm on Sat nights, wondering which reoccurring characters you may see? Those were the good ole days.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy was the best.

I absolutley hated Stewart Smiley. I had to walk away from the TV when that came on. I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, and gawd dawgit People like me.

Da Bears guys was great.

Will Ferrel and Ana Geysher doing the Church Music at events was great.

Will Ferrel as Harrey Carrey.

I'm not a big fan of the cowbell with Chris Walken. Funny the first 800 times Blue Oyster Cult came on 103.5 and some dumbass jumps around and says hey look. Don't be that guy. Please.

I am a big fan of The Continental with Chris Walken.

Yeah, I'm not too big into physical comedy, with the possible exception of Michael Richards, who is a genius in that area.

I much prefer absurdist comedy, dark humor, and pretty warped stuff. For me, the Coen Brothers are the pinnacle of the kind of comedy that makes me laugh (e.g. The Big Lebowski).

Chris Farley owns Michael Richards when it comes to physical comedy. There is absolutley no comparison. What did Richards do? Come through a door funny and over react on Seinfield?

Farley was a big man getting around like a cat. Putting himself on the line.

Wasn't that Kenan guy one of the kids in Good Burger?

Yes, went to see it because of Carmen Electra...she was hot back then, not so played out in every way. Remember his pal, Kel? I could see him actually working at an In and Out Burger; haven't seen him in, 10 years!

Speaking of Farley his brother recently did a commercial for Hertz Rental cars where he does some "Chris-style" physical comedy. Just FYI, if anyone really gives a damn.

Adding to a little of what you said...I am a Moderate, vote straight Dem this past election, but even I can say they are too obviously liberal. It was funny when Farrell did Bush. I think it's been a freefall into aweful since he left. Horatio Sanz was a poor man's Farley, maybe even a wannbe Farley....and yes, there are PLENTY of things in bars that are funny, at all hours.
It seems like the "ultra-liberal" bent, if you want to call it that, has lessened substantially now that Tina Fey is gone. I tend to vote Republican, but in my opinion, good satire is good satire, regardless of who it's targeting.

Speaking of Farley his brother recently did a commercial for Hertz Rental cars where he does some "Chris-style" physical comedy. Just FYI, if anyone really gives a damn.
I saw his brother live when he was performing with Second City - can't really hold a candle to Chris' talent.

Chris Farley owns Michael Richards when it comes to physical comedy. There is absolutley no comparison. What did Richards do? Come through a door funny and over react on Seinfield?

Farley was a big man getting around like a cat. Putting himself on the line.
Again, it's a matter of opinion. Chris Farley made me laugh too. I'll never get the image of his "living in a van, down by the river" character out of mind.

It seems like the "ultra-liberal" bent, if you want to call it that, has lessened substantially now that Tina Fey is gone. I tend to vote Republican, but in my opinion, good satire is good satire, regardless of who it's targeting.

True, I was going to say this but I didn't want to bring a political **** throwing contest into the main fourm here. But I agree with the liberal slant and Tina Fey being the head of it.

Again, it's a matter of opinion. Chris Farley made me laugh too. I'll never get the image of his "living in a van, down by the river" character out of mind.

Matt Foley

matt_foley.jpg

VN Store

Back